Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
And I agree about the Gen 5s.

Best of the Glocks thus far.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like that. And I'll agree, I think the Gen 5 is the best of the Glock family.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave
... it allows use of your existing sights ....

Awesome!

Next best thing?

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 79S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just LOL'ed

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the look of that optic! (And to think I sold my G19, Gen5 MOS less than a year ago, because I didn't want to deal with MOS plates. Argghhh.)

I would be interested to hear how the Holosun performs and how it holds up over time/use.

Take care!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
How’s the trigger on a Gen 5?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by smallfry
I use to weary of the Gen5’s but now think they are the best of the gen’s. I have a G19 Gen5 MOS with a Trijicon. Love that pistol. What advantages does that sight have over the Trijicon ?

Potentially none. LOL Time will tell.

It is designed to fit the MOS footprint so there is no need for a plate. This negates the need for taller sights so is a true plug-n-play if you have an MOS'd Glock. Internal battery, solar charge only, auto adjust, auto on. Size wise it's more comparable to the RMRcc than a Type 1 or 2.

Plenty of things to "what if" about it but at the same time it allows use of your existing sights so, we shall see... I have to say initial impression is that I'm impressed.

HoroChung rearry coor!

When you’ve had time to evaluate it I’d love to hear your thoughts on how well the auto adjust reacts to a weapon mounted light . I’ve been considering this optic. I have a 507c ACSS and found the auto adjust not up to par with trijicon , but otherwise happy with it

Last edited by jmd025; 08/04/22.

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Nice! Hard to argue against the venerable 19, and the G5 is the best of them all.
I still prefer the 17, though.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a nice sight. If the battery holds up as advertised, and it proves as reliable as other well-regarded optics, then it will represent the next step in the evolution of the slide mounted RDS. Mounting straight to an MOS slide without a plate and not needing extra tall sights immediately moves everything else closer to being obsolete.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And I agree about the Gen 5s.

Best of the Glocks thus far.

i do too. I picked up a standard Gen 5 19 and absolutely love it. it's replaced my 226 as my EDC

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking

It feels like a Glock trigger to me. Everyone says the Gen 5 has a better trigger than the past versions, but I don't feel it is any different. I have about 1100 rounds through a G17 Gen 5 and while I like the Gen 5 features the trigger is still a plastic striker fired gun trigger. I don't like the Glock Gen 5 trigger as much as my M&P 2.0 trigger.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by MOGC

It feels like a Glock trigger to me. Everyone says the Gen 5 has a better trigger than the past versions, but I don't feel it is any different. I have about 1100 rounds through a G17 Gen 5 and while I like the Gen 5 features the trigger is still a plastic striker fired gun trigger. I don't like the Glock Gen 5 trigger as much as my M&P 2.0 trigger.

Basically all I own are Glock autos, except one Sig 1911.

The trigger/pistol that impressed me, after owning Glocks since the early 90’s, was the the Sig. I believe it was the 320? I believe it’s the one the military adopted.

A guy let we shoot it at a range. After the first shot, I said, wow that’s it!

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I don't think the Gen 5 trigger is amazing by any stretch but I absolutely feel the difference in the Gen 5 versus previous. I also don't get too wrapped around the axle about firearm types because I've found that for me, it doesn't make any difference. I shoot all of them them about the same. 1911s are really cool but I consider them to be big, heavy, pieces of schit. I don't even like to be around them.

I have to carry a Glock so I now buy all Glocks. If I wasn't married to Glock I'd buy and shoot Sig without a second thought. I have done enough reps with my G34 and SRO to be very confident with dots and there is no reason for extra sight radius like the 17 once you go to an optic. A 43X is very tempting but I'm so burned into the grip and trigger placement with the double stacks that I saw no reason to change especially when you consider you can go with a +2 OEM mag and end up with a 17+1 capacity. That's a lot of 147s.

A 19X would be even better IMO but there are no 19X MOS out there that I'm aware of.

If you're new to dots I can't emphasize enough the benefits of dry firing at home and maybe even filming yourself if you're really struggling with them. The payoff is tremendous.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MOGC

Basically all I own are Glock autos, except one Sig 1911.

The trigger/pistol that impressed me, after owning Glocks since the early 90’s, was the the Sig. I believe it was the 320? I believe it’s the one the military adopted.

A guy let we shoot it at a range. After the first shot, I said, wow that’s it!

The 320/M17s are impressive.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Mounting straight to an MOS slide without a plate and not needing extra tall sights immediately moves everything else closer to being obsolete.

Agreed.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jmd025
When you’ve had time to evaluate it I’d love to hear your thoughts on how well the auto adjust reacts to a weapon mounted light . I’ve been considering this optic. I have a 507c ACSS and found the auto adjust not up to par with trijicon , but otherwise happy with it

Excellent question and I'm glad you asked. My initial impression is that HoroChung might have put a lot of thought into this as well. They really seem to be going for a full autonomous optic.

The optic seems to sense light from all direction and adjust accordingly.

I'm on a fully enclosed range next week and we'll be doing night/dark shoot. I'll post how it does.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It is designed to fit the MOS footprint so there is no need for a plate. This negates the need for taller sights so is a true plug-n-play if you have an MOS'd Glock. Internal battery, solar charge only, auto adjust, auto on. Size wise it's more comparable to the RMRcc than a Type 1 or 2.
Now we are cooking with gas! I'll have to have one of those.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A 19X would be even better IMO but there are no 19X MOS out there that I'm aware of.
No, but there are G-45's in MOS, and that is exactly like baby bears soup. "Just right".

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Excellent question and I'm glad you asked. My initial impression is that HoroChung might have put a lot of thought into this as well. They really seem to be going for a full autonomous optic.

The optic seems to sense light from all direction and adjust accordingly.

I'm on a fully enclosed range next week and we'll be doing night/dark shoot. I'll post how it does.

Thanks . The 507c seems to get its light measurement from directly above the optic (assuming from the solar panel ) , so when using a high lumen light it won’t adjust to the brightness out in front of the gun and washes out . I typically put it in manual mode at night .
My trijicons read the light in front of the gun well , and adjust the brightness quickly so I’m guessing the light sensor is beside the emitter facing forward .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks . The 507c seems to get its light measurement from directly above the optic (assuming from the solar panel ) , so when using a high lumen light it won’t adjust to the brightness out in front of the gun and washes out . I typically put it in manual mode at night .
My trijicons read the light in front of the gun well , and adjust the brightness quickly so I’m guessing the light sensor is beside the emitter facing forward .

100%. Same for the 510C. My SRO is really good in auto adjust but I have to say that (right now) the SCS is better.

I haven't been able to wash out the dot either by going from a dark room and aiming toward an open window or hitting a dark room with a weapon mounted light or Stinger. The dot immediately intensifies and remains visible. Kill the light and it's instantaneous. Dims right back to where it should be.

I don't know how the fugk they engineer these things but the SCS seems to have "sensors" arranged in a 360 degree like pattern.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (6mmCreedmoor, Akpilot, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 1,616 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.