Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Well I endured six grueling stages with a Glock 19 and optic the size of my dick yesterday. LOL All in the name of R&D for you people.

I have to say the optic performed beautifully. Even under stress the dot was right there at every presentation, auto-brightness feature performed perfectly (it was a ridiculously bright south Florida day) and I can't say I have a single complaint about it to this point.

I will say shooting a G19 on six stages for four hours affirmed I will never do that schit ever again.

15 rounds. Get the fugk outta here. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi, I have a question for you. I saw this picture of your setup on this and the 40 yard thread. It looks like the holster is set up so that the optic is just about at the belt line. When you are wearing it, is a portion of the optic between the belt and your body or just above the belt line? I have been concerned about the lens being at or below the belt line and about putting tension on the optic and the on/off buttons, so I have been setting up the optic to be slightly above the belt line. But, the gun rides higher that way than what I used to do before I had the optic. So, I am interested in your observations about your setup. I could have PM'd this, but I suspect that others also may be working through the same issues. Thanks!

Originally Posted by deflave
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Cheyenne,

The optic does sit exposed on both sides with that setup and the SCS’ sole control button is on the port/left side. It is recessed and while you can use it with the end of your fingernail it is difficult and requires something more akin to a ball point tip in my experience.

It is possible to inadvertently push that button I suppose, but I think I’d get hit by lightning first.

Your observation and question is sound. People need to know the features of their optic when they decide to use it and the ability to use irons throughout the learning curve is important for an EDC.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
I sent my ol G23 slide off to be milled for my Holosun 507k x2 about two weeks ago. Anxiously awaiting it’s return! Hope to share pics and targets shortly after it comes home.

Doc_Holidude

That's kind of an odd combination where the 507K is designed for a slim line (G43x MOS, G48 MOS, Sig P365X/XL, etc.). Any particular reason you chose it over a 507C?

Yep…it’s one of two sights I have already, and they’re both skinny ones. Thought I’d try what I had before possibly spending more money, and I’m not totally opposed to the optic sitting somewhat in from the slide edges. In fact I’d rather have it that way, than slightly sticking out. Other that that, I’d like to give ya a more better scientific reason, but their ain’t one.

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cheyenne,

The optic does sit exposed on both sides with that setup and the SCS’ sole control button is on the port/left side. It is recessed and while you can use it with the end of your fingernail it is difficult and requires something more akin to a ball point tip in my experience.

It is possible to inadvertently push that button I suppose, but I think I’d get hit by lightning first.

Your observation and question is sound. People need to know the features of their optic when they decide to use it and the ability to use irons throughout the learning curve is important for an EDC.

Thanks, deflave! It is difficult to visualize precisely how a holster will ride on a person just by looking at a gun in a holster.

It sounds like your optic is more foolproof than the 407K/507K series made for Sig P365 series guns. The 407K/507K have "+" and "-" buttons on the left side. Unless the lockout feature is activated by pushing and holding the + button for 5 seconds, pushing the + and - buttons simultaneously turns the optic off. I managed to do that once before using the lockout feature while getting my hands on the optic while manipulating the slide. I am still playing with holsters. There is one that I have that has wings on both sides that protect the left and right sides of the optic and which partially protect the front. (LAG Tactical Ambidextrous Liberator; I know, stupid name.) Sorry for the thread drift.

Thanks again!

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I really like the mini-me version of your carry rig. G48 with 407k. I shot it in an IDPA match and it was fun.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

NRA Life Member
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I really like the mini-me version of your carry rig. G48 with 407k. I shot it in an IDPA match and it was fun.

That's the Holosun you want for the 48 and 43 footprint?

FWIW, and to anyone that cares, I've had zero issues with my SCS to this point.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Cheyenne,

Thanks, deflave! It is difficult to visualize precisely how a holster will ride on a person just by looking at a gun in a holster.

It sounds like your optic is more foolproof than the 407K/507K series made for Sig P365 series guns. The 407K/507K have "+" and "-" buttons on the left side. Unless the lockout feature is activated by pushing and holding the + button for 5 seconds, pushing the + and - buttons simultaneously turns the optic off. I managed to do that once before using the lockout feature while getting my hands on the optic while manipulating the slide. I am still playing with holsters. There is one that I have that has wings on both sides that protect the left and right sides of the optic and which partially protect the front. (LAG Tactical Ambidextrous Liberator; I know, stupid name.) Sorry for the thread drift.

Thanks again!

I think the SCS is as close to a truly autonomous RMR style optic made.

I hope the concept expands and improves.

It is truly next level IMO.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A G19.5 with the 407k-X2, AND a plate, AND Ameriglo GL429 sights.

That SCS is looking wayyy better all around. Added to the list.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Pushing the five month mark here so I wanted to update.

I purposefully kept the SCS out of the light to see how long it remained charged. It lasted about three months but alas, one day it no worky-worky.

I put it in the sun for about an hour and it came back to life. But it also went dead again shortly after.

I left it in the sun for about eight hours, it came back to life for about three weeks, and died once more.

I think it's a good optic with a lot of great features but the lack of replaceable battery when one needs it, is a big shortcoming. And I think if the battery truly goes out, it takes a lot of doing to get it back to full charge.

I live in an area with a whooooooole lot of sunshine and daylight too. I can see the darkness of a northern state winter being a real problem with the SCS.

Caveat to all this is that it is a sample of one and I could just have a defective battery or solar panel or whatever other witchcraft this requires to work. But as of right now I see myself moving to a RMR.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Appreciate the info shared from actual use.
Has me seriously considering a G45 Gen5 MOS with RMR.

Then, get rid of everything else for a second one.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WTM45

I'll be right behind you...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

It's your Holosun working well?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jwp475

It's your Holosun working well?

Which one?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the update. I was on the fence about one as I would have to by the MOS gun plus the optic. I was worried about the lack of a user replaceable battery. Sounds like it could be an issue.

Isn’t it supposed to be like 20,000 hours of battery life is starting at a full charge? So supposed over 2 years of function in total darkness. It looks like it falls well short of that.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by K1500
Thanks for the update. I was on the fence about one as I would have to by the MOS gun plus the optic. I was worried about the lack of a user replaceable battery. Sounds like it could be an issue.

Isn’t it supposed to be like 20,000 hours of battery life is starting at a full charge? So supposed over 2 years of function in total darkness. It looks like it falls well short of that.

Yes.

Mine has fallen well short.

Again, sample of one and I will likely be sending this back for warranty.

But as it sits...

But I will say that when it works, it works. The auto adjust on the reticle is incredible. And it has maintained zero, yada-yada.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Currently in stock at Euro Optic. $349.99

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
G45, FC plate and RMR Type 2 Adjustable 3.25MOA is in hand.
Now, to get the presentation stroke down pat.
And chew up a case of ammo.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
G45, FC plate and RMR Type 2 Adjustable 3.25MOA is in hand.
Now, to get the presentation stroke down pat.
And chew up a case of ammo.

Up, and out.

Up, and out.

Up, and out.

Adjust your grip based on where the dot is at the apex of your draw/presentation. When it is there 100% of the time you are ready for the range.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
This is my RDS 'cheap date'. About $450 all-in.

PSA Dagger with a Primary Arms RDS. Both the pistol and RDS are RMR pattern. 3 moa dot.

I zero'd the dot at 10 yards, which should keep it pretty flat to 100 yards.

Doing a lot of presentations getting accustomed to the dot.

I was hoping this would be an upgrade for older eyes, and it does seem to help. I like the pistol too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 338rcm, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 12 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,286
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.