24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The last Varget and H4350 I saw was $48.99. I’m stocked up on both and probably not hunting this year due to having to go and take care of my mom during the moose opener as she broker her hip recently. With that being said, I doubt if I have to buy powder next year either unless I find some Reloader 16-26 and primers.

HR IC

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Everyone who is buying powder must be finding primers too. Has anyone seen LR primers? I've seen SR and SRM but not LR. I've seen pistol primers too, but all only online.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
There was LR primers in my neck of the woods until about a month ago. Just waitin' on the next batch to appear....

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've been able to find a bit of everything here and there except for the LR that I need. I have seen some BR2 and Fed215 (neither of which I need) a couple times at Natchez and PV, but nothing else in LR for quite a while.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I wouldn't know... I stocked up for 4 years under Trump.. when it was plentiful, cheap and available....

to include primers... 15 buck per thousand....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by Seafire
I wouldn't know... I stocked up for 4 years under Trump.. when it was plentiful, cheap and available....

Relevance? Or just bragging to pizz in the eye of anyone who's not 104 years old with limitless disposable income because they bought their house back in 1946 for 1200 bucks?

I seriously feel sorry for anyone just getting into hunting, shooting, or reloading right now with prices inflated to the point they're at now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Everyone who is buying powder must be finding primers too. Has anyone seen LR primers? I've seen SR and SRM but not LR. I've seen pistol primers too, but all only online.
That’s a negative. I found 200 LR primers maybe January or late last year I bought. Before that it was Dec 2020, and I have not seen any LR magnum primers since early 2020.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
15.00 per thousand on primers man i have never seen them that cheap and I am 53

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by zcm82

Relevance? Or just bragging to pizz in the eye of anyone who's not 104 years old with limitless disposable income because they bought their house back in 1946 for 1200 bucks?

I seriously feel sorry for anyone just getting into hunting, shooting, or reloading right now with prices inflated to the point they're at now.

Yeah, I can't imagine. Seems like someone is trying to make things harder on us for sure. The newbies to the sport and handloading may just say pizz on this!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yeah, I can't imagine. Seems like someone is trying to make things harder on us for sure. The newbies to the sport and handloading may just say pizz on this!!!

I started finally reloading in 2019 but had been buying supplies since 2015. I’ve actually seen the biggest price increase from about September 2021 to current date. If I was just starting out, I’d say screw it.

That being said, I’ve also noticed a large increase in fishing supplies the past year or so as well.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

yeah, exactly....

but it doesn't take someone 104 years old to figure out, that after 8 years of shortages under a damn democRat, that when things are available and the prices dropped dramatically because shelves were full and so was the store room in the back.... that this wasn't going to last forever, because democRats will always be democRATs... there is a reason their party ends in the words RAT...

so if you are young enough and can't figure that out, and you live in a state ran by democRats... this shouldn't be a real shock to you...

its called plan ahead.....

and really wasn't hoarding it... just buying it when available on sale or lower pricing... and it doesn't have a limited shelf life.

so do you console yourself, by blaming people who were smarter about it than you?

if so, go ahead... won't bother me a bit, because I really don't care if someone blames me for their short sightedness....

its their fault, not someone else's...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I'm in fairly good shape on supplies, aside from needing to grab a bit more 2400 one of these days and some WLR primers. Still have enough of both to get by for a while. Congratulations on the nice assumption, though.

Bragging about winning a race you had a head start in is pretty classy move, too. 👌 Man, those kids these days are just plain stupid for not stocking up back when they were 12 years old and supplies were abundant... you're completely right. I bow to your astounding big brain strategic mastery. They should have been asking for birthday primers, not toys.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Natchez has the CCI NATO spec LR primers in stock now (5am CST 8/5)

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-stand...m-military-nato-sensitivity-1000-ct.html

They have some SR stuff, too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm in fairly good shape on supplies, aside from needing to grab a bit more 2400 one of these days and some WLR primers. Still have enough of both to get by for a while. Congratulations on the nice assumption, though.

Bragging about winning a race you had a head start in is pretty classy move, too. 👌 Man, those kids these days are just plain stupid for not stocking up back when they were 12 years old and supplies were abundant... you're completely right. I bow to your astounding big brain strategic mastery. They should have been asking for birthday primers, not toys.

So you were 12 under Obama?
Well I wasn't....If I didn't plan ahead, would that make you feel better?

if so, just to make you feel better... I didn't plan ahead and I just left what was on the shelves for everyone else, who did plan ahead..

I hope that adds to your day then.. and just glad to help ya out there.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of my stuff was acquired here and there when I discovered a good deal, often adding a little something to get free shipping or at least no added shipping. Never bought hazmat items online until a few years ago either. While my financial state is much better now, I’ve never had “unlimited disposable income”, but have made buying what I need for my shooting a priority over other non-essential expenses like dining out, movies, concerts, cowboy boots, and nice vehicles.

Right now the bargains seem to be in ammunition, which leads me to believe that manufacturers might have over-produced some and are now closing it out to keep cash-flow positive. A little careful shopping will uncover good quality 9mm and .223 for less than what it would cost to load it or about even. Even picked up some 6CM target ammo for a buck a pop, about the price of the Norma brass I’ll have when it’s gone. If I’d known how well it was going to shoot in my rifle, I would’ve bought 200 instead of only 100.

What fresh Hell is this?
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z

if so, just to make you feel better... I didn't plan ahead and I just left what was on the shelves for everyone else, who did plan ahead..

I have no problem planning ahead, it's always a good idea to buy when prices and availability are good. However, rubbing it in people's faces or crapping on them for not having the means or ability to like you decided to in previous posts is pretty tasteless.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m glad I have a bunch, should take me out

^^ THIS ^^ me too

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I have no problem planning ahead, it's always a good idea to buy when prices and availability are good. However, rubbing it in people's faces or crapping on them for not having the means or ability to like you decided to in previous posts is pretty tasteless.

My 'tastelessness' is your concept... no one was out to rub anyone's nose into anything...if think ahead is 'tasteless' well then that is a personal concept. Actually a lot of what I keep on hand, sees at times a lot of that loading ammo for those that may not have the means to purchase it... example for what I do for kids and their dads involved in BSA/ Scouting, that I am involved in... I don't ask for money from them....

I'm a person who has learned to stretch out my resources.. range brass I reload 30 and 40 times plus... using lower powder charges or things that work just as well for my needs... such as shooting a lot of varmint rounds at sage rats each year.... like I am doing this year using 10 grains of Unique in 223 loads, yet practice at the range by still ringing steel at 300 and 400 yds with the same rounds... 700 rounds out of a pound of powder... I go thru 5000 to 8000 rounds of things like that per annum....

anyone who knows me personally will tell anyone I'm not a stingey person... I give a lot to others and expect nothing for it... always happy to help others out, we are all in this together...

I'm self employed and don't blow my money on spendy showing things, like expensive cars or fancy trucks...heck I don't own anything I drive that has less than 200K on it... in fact I still am using vehicles that have anywhere from 300K to just short of 600K on it... I keep my vehicles running...and in good working.

I give more to others than I ever spend on myself. Doesn't make me a saint, its just a personal choice....I enjoy helping others when they are in need. If the price tag for that is attracting criticism... well I can live with that...ya hit a certain point in life, you finally learn your job in life isn't making every one happy in life. you do what you can, and its not a bad place to be....

hope you eventually find where you desire to be in life... I've found mine...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm taking all of my firearms out of the safe and putting the reloading components in.

1Minute
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Funny, you guys are taking your guns out of the safes and putting your reloading supplies in. I'm going to my clubs gunshow tomorrow. I'll be selling some powder and bullets to a bunch of guys that don't find the deals I have. I'll sell at slightly below market prices and yet, make money over what I paid for it. Win win.. Also, since my buddies say they are still having a hard time finding 22lr????? I have no idea why, I'll probably take about 8 bricks of those to sell as well.. You guys have a great weekend!!!! The last time I had a table there, I brought a brick of CCI250's to a buddy that was struggling to find any. Sold them to him for $35.. Like seafire, I don't mind helping buddies out.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
738 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 85 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.