Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kind of neat and a little bit of gun history. Taffin himself posted about the Gunbroker sale on the Singleactions.com forum.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=57574

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting the info Skeen!

If anyone else looks at these…I’m sorry for the drool puddle near the Smith #3.

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I guess he's counting on his name bringing a premium.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
He seems awful proud of them.

Originally Posted by CashisKing
Hey Rod... welcome to the fire.
April 2022.
You speak with great confidence and authority.
Thanks for your honesty...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is, and ought to be. I hope he gets his prices. What saddens me is he's turning them loose and what that means.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ads state that he's selling them to provide money to send his great grandkids to private schools.

"He was an educator for years, and is now 83 years old and is selling off some of his firearms so his nine great grandchildren can attend private schools."

We have a small ancillary silhouette range at the Black's Creek Range outside of Boise. He has his own bench at one end of it and I see him there and occasionally talk to him, he also comes to our club meetings. He has trouble getting around and is near deaf but he still knows a lot about guns.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Them Perfect Packin Pistols ain't gonna come cheap.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I imagine at 83 a scoped 7 1/2” FA 83 in 454 as lost some of it appeal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He wrote a column a few years ago about selling guns as a young married man so they could cover expenses. Hope he keeps a few favorites!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The ads state that he's selling them to provide money to send his great grandkids to private schools.

"He was an educator for years, and is now 83 years old and is selling off some of his firearms so his nine great grandchildren can attend private schools."

We have a small ancillary silhouette range at the Black's Creek Range outside of Boise. He has his own bench at one end of it and I see him there and occasionally talk to him, he also comes to our club meetings. He has trouble getting around and is near deaf but he still knows a lot about guns.

A damn good cause getting children out of the public school indoctrination programs!

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Jim, I used to talk with him at the several Boise Gun Shows he attended, along with Brian Pierce and Bob Mundon, when Mundon was there for shooting exhibitions. Taffin was a very interesting firearms expert, as was Pierce. Mondon's shooting exhibitions were truly a thing to behold!

Hope Taffin gets his prices. Kids today in public schools are being indoctrinated incessantly with Marxist ideology.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I bought the new model anaconda he had. He'd written it up in guns and has it featured (page 431 I think) in his new double actions book. I did pay a premium over a new one & my wife asked me why I would pay more for a used one than a new one. Simple: it was worth more to me. John had owned it and it was proven accurate. After I bought it, he tossed in a Colt scope mount he had used on it, a couple pics of him holding it, a computer printed copy of the review he had done on it with his hand written notes and signature. Once I received it, I realized that he must have had a really good trigger job done on it too. I haven't shot it yet; but it is worth it to me.

skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
I bought the new model anaconda he had. He'd written it up in guns and has it featured (page 431 I think) in his new double actions book. I did pay a premium over a new one & my wife asked me why I would pay more for a used one than a new one. Simple: it was worth more to me. John had owned it and it was proven accurate. After I bought it, he tossed in a Colt scope mount he had used on it, a couple pics of him holding it, a computer printed copy of the review he had done on it with his hand written notes and signature. Once I received it, I realized that he must have had a really good trigger job done on it too. I haven't shot it yet; but it is worth it to me.

Very cool!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know, it might be time for me to order one or two of his books. Been planning on that for a while now.

skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 300_savage
You know, it might be time for me to order one or two of his books. Been planning on that for a while now.

You can pre-order his upcoming latest book, "John Taffin's Book of the Double Action Sixguns" from Wolfe Publishing.

https://www.wolfeoutdoorsports.com/john-taffins-book-of-the-double-action-sixguns/

I may as well add it. blush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks! Got his book of the .44 coming from Wolfe

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A good cause indeed. The Previous and I spent a pretty good chunk to keep ours out of the crappy local system, and it payed off. The issue at that time wasn’t avoiding indoctrination, just getting a good education. Mr. Taffin has his priorities straight.

IIRC, he’s not been able to shoot the hard kickers for quite a while. I hope he’s holding onto a few that he can still enjoy.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Good for him wanting the kids out of the public indoctrination centers

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Good for him wanting the kids out of the public indoctrination centers

Concur, but I see no extra premium for them. It's like paying more for Sally the hooker because she nailed Brad Pitt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL….fair analogy…WAIT, WHAT??!! Sally the hooker nailed Brad Pitt!! Such a brainless hussy, unless of course she charged him $10,000 times more!

Happens a lot with famous people’s cars. Well to do collectors will pony up premium money for the history as much as the piece. Um, no pun intended. 🙄

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.