Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Raeford Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BLG
Air ride had a known issue. Moisture is its enemy. Sure there are ways around the suspension, but that dang computater needs “fixin” to do it.

Good luck

Clyde

Will have to look at it from both directions and see which route looks like the best to go forward.
Was thinking about beefing it up a bit and make it a hunting rig, may not be an option.

FJB & FJT
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I looked a bit. A new compressor & 2 rear shock/struts, $650. I didn't dig deep but the front shocks might be pneumatic as well.

Like others have said, I'd look hard at a Z71, spring part numbers etc. & try to find a common ground, or a lift kit company tech person, & look for an alternative to air. No maker including GM is gonna have a bunch of other special parts just to accommodate the optional air ride when another version is also offered. I highly suspect standard parts will bolt up.

The turning off the light in the dash is above my pay grade other than simply pulling the fuse for that system.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
do some internet searching... there are resistors that plug in to the wiring and "lie" to the computer.

picked up z71 rear springs for min because the air ride springs are pretty soft.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I put some Z71 springs in my old 03 LT Suburban. Didn’t have the air ride, but DID have the expensive Sachs shocks that acted as a “secondary spring” (stock coil springs could not be run with conventional shocks). I didn’t have to deal with the computer issues, but obviously, the spring swap was necessary in order for me to switch to Bilsteins.

It raised the suspension 1 to 1-1/2” in the rear. I bought some el cheapo front torsion keys off eBay that allowed me to dial up the front enough to match the rear lift. Local shop did it all for $200-$300 labor. Beat the heck out of me crawling up under it all day long.

The keys were $30 or less. The rear springs were less than $150 (3 years ago).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m off road every day in rocky Texas Hill Country where the objective is to drive as fast as you can walk. Bilstein of every flavor sucks for this type of terrain !

The ONLY shock/strut I’ve found for my condition is a Rancho 9000XL set on #2 with 23lbs of air in the tire.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/04/22.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my MDX had some electronic gas strut that allowed you to switch between comfort and sport mode. It wasn't an air shock. They were about $1400 to replace the set from the dealer and no one else sold aftermarket.

but you could replace them with just the standard strut assembly. The problem was when you did that, a dash warning light came on.

To get around it you bought a $3 resistor and put that in the sensor that connected to the OEM strut.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've installed a couple of these, no problems.

Strutmasters

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks Lroy!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Very Welcome, hope this works out for you !!
They're pretty close to you?

Had a customer with a Suburban w/ Quadra-steer, wanted to do same thing. Contacted Strutmasters, they don't make a kit for it.
They told him if he took it to them for a week, they would use his truck for R&D so they could make and sell kits for the Quadra-steer trucks.
He would get his free (and installed). He decided to sell Suburban,they were very good to deal with.

Roy

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by slumlord
Don’t you have one of them 90s Lincolns with the ass end low in de back? 🤣

Slummy

You're on

Great cars

Even cigarette lighters in the back for us kids.

Ever done a J-turn in a Lincoln??

nope

WTF is a J turn

Damn what rock have you been under your whole life!

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
With the sheer quantity of Hoes/Yuks out there in the date range I figured that someone would have capitalized on a replacement for the system[that wasn't designed to last 20 years+].
This is the only vehicle I have or plan on buying new and we've taken care of it.
I can drive it for 8-9 hours, hop out and not feel beat to hell!

Thanks Again!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Agree with all of that, let us know how it works out.
Very easy to install.

Roy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 50 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,606
Posts18,454,857
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.