Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Trying to swap scopes on my buddy's gun built on Defiance An-Ti. The built in picatinney rail loses timing between rear and front bridge. If you put a rail along side you see the front and rear aren't in time with each other. If you swap a scope from another rifle it won't go on the Defiance. Very aggravating. Anyone else notice this?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It is likely a 20 moa rail on that action, so it is canted to the front. If you swap a scope on that is zeroed on a 0 moa rail you will be off by 20 moa.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Trying to swap scopes on my buddy's gun built on Defiance An-Ti. The built in picatinney rail loses timing between rear and front bridge. If you put a rail along side you see the front and rear aren't in time with each other. If you swap a scope from another rifle it won't go on the Defiance. Very aggravating. Anyone else notice this?

Are you referring to an anTi X where the rails are a machined part of the action:

https://defiancemachine.com/actions/anti-x/

..or an anTi with a picatinny rail installed:

https://defiancemachine.com/actions/anti/

I'd guess if it's the anTi-X that they don't time it specifically to spacing of a full rail but to the starting of the front/rear of the action. I've never thought about that before though so I'm guessing.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I just look at it like a two piece pic base except it’s made into it. I use the Burris 2 piece on several guns. I use them because they accept the good rings. I’ve never expected them to match up with ring spacing from another rail on another rifle.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
It's built in rail. Picatinney rails are built to an exact standard. I swap scopes pretty much with impunity. Never had an issue. There is a gap in the built in rail on the An-ti. The slots are off by 50 thou or so from front to rear. Would have been super easy to write the code so they maintained the correct pattern. They screwed the pooch on this one.

NRA Benefactor Member

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah, they could probably have machined it to match standard spacing but I'm guessing they had a reason for the spacing they use.

It's pretty easy to loosen one ring, installed the scope with the other fixed, space the loosened one, then tighten the ring back. I do it all the time playing musical scopes between pic rails and the Burris that Kaleb mentioned. I can understand preferring not to need to do that though.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
It's too easy just to grab a mounted scope and slide it on. Usually pretty close to zero for me. Looked at the set up. I can't fathom a good reason for allowing the spacing to deviate. Glen has made a lot of actions for me, he knows what he is doing. I just don't think they thought this one out

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd bet Defiance sells more actions to guys that aren't afraid to buy a scope for them, than to broke-dicks that have to rob them off'n other rifles......grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
OP - just se we are all on the same page, you are speaking of the anti-X; correct?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'd bet Defiance sells more actions to guys that aren't afraid to buy a scope for them, than to broke-dicks that have to rob them off'n other rifles......grin

Ouch ! But likely true.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dennis knows I'm being sarcastic.....

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yes. The very action you have depicted.

I'm scope poor but sometimes if there's an issue is nice to slide a known scope on and verify. It's also nice to be able to throw a higher mag scope for load work and then put the hunting scope back on it when done. I know it looks like just two separate bases but why wouldn't they time them together.

One of the first actions i bought from him (A Phoenux machine action) he milled the 8-40 base holes with the wrong spacing. The rail he sent wouldnt fit. I called him to get another base that would
He wanted me to send the action back and he would make me one that had standard spacing. I wouldn't do it, figured i waited long enough for this one. I just put the base in the mill and drilled a new hole and counter bore. It's been on there probably 20 years. Simple mistake but not a big deal.

NRA Benefactor Member

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Do you know if the deviant GA hunter is the same?

B
B
Hi Dennis,

The anTi-X is based off our Deviant and Ruckus “GA Hunter” version. When I designed it back in 2013, we discussed keeping the rear mount spacing consistent with the front mount, as if it were one piece Mil STD 1913. All the feedback I received was to make sure there were two slots on the rear. With four lengths of actions, soon to be five, and different lengths of loading ports on all, there is no way to keep the slots consistent. The GA configuration is a close second, of all the configurations we offer, and now with the anTi-X it might be the most popular. I estimate we’ve shipped over 8000 total of the three types and this is the first complaint I know of. Having said that, I recently was having an issue with my new anTi-X rifle and took a scope off one of my Deviants and you are correct. I feel your pain.

Thank you for your continued support,
Glen

Glen Harrison
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Isuspect is not an issue with 98% of the guys but i was sure wanting to swap scopes without moving rings.

Thanks for responding, Glen.

NRA Benefactor Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.