Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LFC
If Gerry Blair is your herO you.need help....

Never said that, did I?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Coyotes are a fitting topic for this thread now, because it's really gone to the dogs! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
10Glocks, what have you heard in the area you want to do this? Try to match what you've heard. If you really want to get into this, learn the mouth calls and what to call and when. A little mouse squeaker can go a long way, and watch downwind! Always watch down wind! I have an electronic caller, still new in the box, never been used. I use a howler, for barks and howls, a distress call and a mouse squeaker. I got the electronic caller one winter when it was so cold the mouth calls kept freezing up on me. Learn the calls and the cadence of the calls. Stop a distress call as sharply as you can to mimic a quick demise of the whatever. Predator hunting is really cool hunting and their senses are through the roof. Enjoy and watch downwind! Lol!

I'm not sure how into this I'm going to get. On public land here, coyote season opens on September 1. That gives me a short window of time before season for other things open. Then there is a short window of time after the main seasons close to continue hunting coyote. And it opens again in June during spring squirrel season. On private land there is no closed season, but I've not put any effort into finding any more private land since I lost access to som a few years ago, I've just hunted public land.

In this area, there's squirrels barking, birds, geese honking, and hens yelping in the spring. I've never seen a coyote here, just their tracks and crap, so I know they're here. On other tracts of land further south, I've had coyote come in when turkey and squirrel calling, but I never shot one.

I may pick up some manual calls. I have my electronic call now. It's got a myriad of calls loaded onto it. I am going to use that first.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Got no ticks at all in 2022 save one during spring squirrel season.

I don't recall seeing any pics of any dead squirrels or squirrel hunting videos on your Comedy channel....did you get any squirrels or just the one tick ?

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A quick search of your posts reveals no deAd squirrels.....

Next question how does one make tick soup from one lousy tick ?

Does tick soup have more flavor than tAg soup ?

Thanks in advance

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC
I've hunted both successfully for years......for close to 50 years.

HOW close to 50 years, Luther ??

HOW close to 50 years, buddy ?? Inquiring minds want to know...............

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Inquiring minds would like to know who in the turkey hunting and choke tube industry paid you money for over two decades ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Inquiring minds would like to know who in the turkey hunting and choke tube industry paid you money for over two decades ?

Touche' grin

Maybe when you've been at it as long as I have, I'll tell you.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In your mind I'm sure you've been at this a lOng time....I recall you bragging about your dad being a psychologist what mind altering drugs did he have you on when you were a child ?

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just stop responding directly to LFC. Just put him on ignore. There isn't a single thread on this subforum that's been ruined that wasn't ruined by interacting with him (and yes, I was guilty of that, too). He has zero to add to any discussion except attempted insults and argument.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/06/22.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just stop responding directly to LFC. Just put him on ignore. There isn't a single thread on this subforum that's been ruined that wasn't ruined by interacting with him. He has zero to add to any discussion except attempted insults and argument.

I had for a time................. But I missed the entertainment value of his ramblings.

Besides that, I wanna always be here for him when he's got rookie questions and wants the advice of a seasoned turkey hunter with years of experience in the woods.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Here's my new call.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I set it up last night on my property and tested the remote from 100 yards. Works perfectly. Damn, you can crank the volume up really high. If my neighbor hadn't been out and seen what I was doing, I might have teased him with it. He's the one who says there is a coyote in our neighborhood. And there may be. Several people have told me they've seen one. I've only seen foxes.

When I unboxed it, I discovered the remote takes a 12v A23 battery. Never even heard of an A23 battery. Had to run down to Ace Hardare where luckily they had some.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/06/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're gonna have fun with that.

Was just talking to my older boy last night. We're gonna get out here some day soon. Labor Day weekend is sorta a coyote hunting tradition for me and him. But I'd like to give it a go or two before that. Maybe go myself but leave our traditional Labor Day honeyhole alone til then.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Just stop responding directly to LFC. Just put him on ignore. There isn't a single thread on this subforum that's been ruined that wasn't ruined by interacting with him. He has zero to add to any discussion except attempted insults and argument.

I had for a time................. But I missed the entertainment value of his ramblings.

Besides that, I wanna always be here for him when he's got rookie questions and wants the advice of a seasoned turkey hunter with years of experience in the woods.
Only advice you two bozOs couldn't offer would be to a total moron.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC
A quick search of your posts reveals no deAd squirrels.....

Next question how does one make tick soup from one lousy tick ?

Does tick soup have more flavor than tAg soup ?

Thanks in advance

I'm still waiting to hear about that tick soup....lol

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here's my new call.

I set it up last night on my property and tested the remote from 100 yards. Works perfectly. Damn, you can crank the volume up really high. If my neighbor hadn't been out and seen what I was doing, I might have teased him with it. He's the one who says there is a coyote in our neighborhood. And there may be. Several people have told me they've seen one. I've only seen foxes.

When I unboxed it, I discovered the remote takes a 12v A23 battery. Never even heard of an A23 battery. Had to run down to Ace Hardare where luckily they had some.
Here's my new call.

Try the crow call with that. Lots of fun

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've tried the distress call and the crow & owl. They both sound very clear and authentic. I'm going to load the barred owl call. I've got several on and around my property at night. Should be interesting.

I'm still impressed with the volume this thing puts out.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Did you ever kill a squirrel to go with your one tick this past squirrel season...

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I went out this morning to plant my trail cam. On the way in, I found half of a turkey wing feather on the trail. It rained earlier in the morning. I didn't see any turkey or coyote tracks this morning at all. The rain may have washed them away. There were some very fresh deer tracks.

I have no idea what kind of tracks these are. They were about and inch long. Funny thing is, it wasn't a trail of tracks, it was just these three in the middle of a big, wet muddy area.

I have my camera at the bend in a trail where I saw most of the coyote tracks last time I was there. I threw out six pieces of left over fried chicken for bait. So who knows.

I flushed some quail on the way out. This place does seem to have a somewhat decent population of quails.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/11/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quail would be nice to see. They're all over where I hunt Rios in Texas. But at home they've been extinct since before my lifetime.............

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.