Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I can't turn it down.

Trumpf Primus 16/16/7X57R with complete mounts for later Zeiss rail scopes, but no scope. Has 22 Hornet full einstecklauf.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
NICE!
I was wondering if that followed you home. Not only beautiful but about as versatile as a single gun can be.
Enjoy,
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That is nice.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bruce-
It's a disease for which there is no cure....
Enjoy it!!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Bruce-
It's a disease for which there is no cure....
Enjoy it!!

It's been chronic with me for 63 years. sick sick

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice engraving. I tried to learn engraving early in my gunsmithing careeer and was coached by one of the best engravers I’ve ever seen. Finally just gave up. But it gave me an understanding and appreciation of good engraving.
A lot of the game scene work on German guns isn’t very good with the critters looking like caricatures. I’d rather have no engraving or light scrollwork than poor game scene.
This one is very well done from what I can see.
Is it muzzle heavy with the einstecklauf in?

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
http://classicsportingguns.com/
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brayhaven
Nice engraving. I tried to learn engraving early in my gunsmithing careeer and was coached by one of the best engravers I’ve ever seen. Finally just gave up. But it gave me an understanding and appreciation of good engraving.
A lot of the game scene work on German guns isn’t very good with the critters looking like caricatures. I’d rather have no engraving or light scrollwork than poor game scene.
This one is very well done from what I can see.
Is it muzzle heavy with the einstecklauf in?

Nailed it Bray!

There were a lot of great gun-makers who could join three barrels together, all shooting where they should, and set them into a receiver on face, then build all the small parts a combo gun's engineering requires That Couldn't carve their initials into a big oak tree so's you could read them.

I've seen cartoon characters scratched into receivers of excellent drillings many times.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wonder if Krieghoff farmed out the high end guns (engraving). Most of the Neptunes I’ve examined were well done.

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Merkel sure should farm out theirs. They have touted master engravers who make rhino, lions, and elephants look like vintage Disney cartoons.

Neptunes are in an altogether different league, IMO.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Merkel sure should farm out theirs. They have touted master engravers who make rhino, lions, and elephants look like vintage Disney cartoons.

Neptunes are in an altogether different league, IMO.
Yes, mine too.
I’ve seen some Merkel that were as you say, but have seen sone that were good .I love the older Merkel combo and had a shipment from germany with several in it some years back. I chose one with very basic scroll engraving over the others with elaborate game scenes, because it was well done. Still my favorite combo gun with an extra set of 16 barrels that I shoot quite a bit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by brayhaven; 07/21/22.

Greg
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
that is quite something
wishing you many years of enjoyment

vires,fortitudo,vigilantia
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by metricman
that is quite something
wishing you many years of enjoyment

Many thanks. I've been looking for a 7X57R insert for it to make it a DR drilling.

I just now came back here to look at brayhaven's deer/drilling photo again. I always like seeing it posted.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 41 invisible), 1,977 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,067
Posts18,463,501
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.