Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I drew a ML cow tag in the primary draw and doe deer tag in the 2nd. Now I have to turn them back in. The Doc says no huntng for at least 6 months.
But you are right CPW licensing sucks.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TheKid
I feel your frustration. I have never been successful at getting a leftover since they went to the online system.

A little off-topic, but the same is true for me with national forest general season doe permits in Texas. Use to be mail in a post card. I always got a doe permit without fail. Since it went online I have not gotten a single one.

Originally Posted by saddlesore
I drew a ML cow tag in the primary draw and doe deer tag in the 2nd. Now I have to turn them back in. The Doc says no huntng for at least 6 months.
But you are right CPW licensing sucks.

Sorry to hear that saddlesore. Best wishes for your health.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I’d like to see this 3rd draw go to residents only.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BeanMan
I agree 100% i would also like to see more public land tags v private land tags because they have private land tags that never sale at all, roll them over to resident public land tags.

Last edited by CoElk101; 08/03/22.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CoElk101
I agree 100% i would also like to see more public land tags v private land tags because they have private land tags that never sale at all, roll them over to resident public land tags.

Those private land tags are needed to push elk off of private, besides, I’ve got one that is a B tag. Archery elk and a meat hunt

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Those private land tags are needed to push elk off of private, besides, I’ve got one that is a B tag. Archery elk and a meat hunt

That is not happening though.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

That is not happening though.

I agree but ‘turning’ them into unit wide tags will help even less.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

yes i understand that but they do not sale all of them they always have a good number that do not get used that is what needs to be put in to resident only public land tags.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most private land owners not all around here do not let the true public hunt there land a case of you have to know some one to gain accesses.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
[quote=BeanMan

I agree but ‘turning’ them into unit wide tags will help even less.[/quote]

Requiring landowners to permit public hunts,and not just RFW 2-3 tags, in order to get crop damage tags and limit amount they can charge will go a long way to fixing the problems

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by WL205
Originally Posted by TheKid
I feel your frustration. I have never been successful at getting a leftover since they went to the online system.

I feel that it should be limited to those of us who bought the qualifying license and applied unsuccessfully, but they didn’t call and ask me.

I’ve heard that people who are more tech savvy than me have programs that auto fill login and CC info to be the fastest on the draw when the tags go on sale. I don’t know anything about it but a CPW employee told me the tech is out there.

Check back next week, you might get lucky.

I agree that they should notify previously unsuccessful applicants of an available tag they applied for, before posting it as a leftover.

Pardon my ignorance…but how can there be a leftover tag if folks had applied for that tag and were unsuccessful in drawing it? That means there were more applicants than tags, right? Maybe you’re referring to folks who applied for any tag unsuccessfully, should have dibs towards the leftovers?

Is this dealing with returned tags or a system like Idaho’s where you need to buy it before a particular date or else it is forfeited?
What happens is people are successful in the original draw, but when the cpw tries to charge their card, it doesn't work. That license goes into the leftover list.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yea,they give you X days after the draw to pay for it . If you card is not up to date, you lose. Also, some volunteer to turn their tag back in.That goes to the leftover list.

Some people put in draw for other states also, and then may get two tags that conflict, so they keep the best tag and turn in the other. I had to turn in my ML elk tag this week because I had a stroke and could not make the hunt in September.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the explanation.
I am a bit confused though. Do you give a credit card number when you apply which of course may be inactivated or over limited (as dassa indicated) or do you just pay a draw fee but then need to pay for a tag if you do draw within X days.....which if you don't do, you forfeit it (as Saddlesore indicated)?

I guess I don't understand Colorado's system. I have applied there but it was a while back and don't do it anymore.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
TheKid needs to apply a little reading comprehension to the 2022 CO big game rule pamphlet. That is all…

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Yea,they give you X days after the draw to pay for it . If you card is not up to date, you lose. Also, some volunteer to turn their tag back in.That goes to the leftover list.

Some people put in draw for other states also, and then may get two tags that conflict, so they keep the best tag and turn in the other. I had to turn in my ML elk tag this week because I had a stroke and could not make the hunt in September.
Best wishes for a full recovery! Hang in there, Saddlesore

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by kennyd
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Are you saying that you feel people shouldn’t even be allowed to log in to their CPW account before the time comes that particular licenses go on sale?

I am not sure I agree with that, at all.

Yes.

Log into your account any time. But require logging in for something that is not available earlier to start at said time. I will admit to not being computer ssavvy. I could understand one license in Pawnee GL not being paid, but six?
I think a genius came up with an app that keeps you logged in and notifies you the moment a tag goes up for sale. Also, there are instructions on the CPW website explaining how to get just to the cusp of "logged in" on the day of leftovers sales. From there you only need to enter one more piece of info and click, then you are in line. Last year I lived there, I figured it out. My buddy got a goat tag by waiting patiently and watching. I don't miss that clusterfuque at all.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by WAM
TheKid needs to apply a little reading comprehension to the 2022 CO big game rule pamphlet. That is all…
Go ahead and enlighten me as to what I’m missing. I do admit I was wrong on being able to hunt rabbits with a big game license.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
There is no “leftover draw” anymore. There is a Secondary Draw open to all whether you were participating in the primary draw or not. One still has to purchase a “qualifying license” to enter the Secondary Draw but no preference points are used or awarded. Youth do get preference regardless of residence status. I’m surprised they don’t give special preference to ethnic minorities and the gender confused crowd…

Logging in to the CPW site at the opening bell for leftover list licenses has been a cluster fugg for years.

I apologize for my initial comment being a bit abrasive and rude. Happy Trails

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Struck out again on the weekly updated list at 11 today. Hit enter as the clock turned, I've no idea how anyone gets a newly posted tag on the leftover list.

Shawn

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Struck out again this week, there were four tags available for our area two Bull and two cows. Hit the button a little early and it kicked me out had to re log in and at 12:02 CST all were gone. A muzzleloader bull tag lasted about 5 minutes so I still have hope I’ll get my daughter a tag

Shawn

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.