Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
I’d bring my ultralight spinning rod or 3wt fly rod and GTFO of there as fast as possible. Head up the hot springs road and go fish for grayling. Of course I’m a bit of a fishing but so that’s always my go-to response.
You beat me to it. Catch a grayling.. take selfie with said fish.. release fish and drink beer. Done.

My first thought! I lived in FB for a little over a year, short drive in several different directions to very good graying fishing! I prefer that over just about everything else.

Very specific times of year there are kings running the Chena River too... Lots of fun on a wiggle wart, but less action than grayling.

Last edited by rainshadow1; 08/06/22.

- - Steve
Rainshadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
www.rain-shadow.com

Mountain Lion Calling products, instruction, & stories!

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com
GB1

Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Mac84
Planning a trip for next summer. Any must see/do from those in the know? Thanks

What will you have for transportation?
Hoteling, RV'ing, Camping?
You more interested in seeing town or do you wanna see Alaska?

Hotels or bnb. visiting my son at Fort Wainwright but while he’s working, we need stuff to do. I’m all for getting out and seeing something other than a city

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Mac84 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Get really hammered...
Pic up a obese cabbage patch looking NA chick.
Go back to her place and listen to her take a massive dump thru the thin door.
Then she comes out in her little nightie act all coy and looking like a drunk walrus that found a sexy outfit at goodwill ready to get it ON!!!

You fuuuk the hell outta free willie in your drunken stupor and haul azz early in the morning before she wakes up.

SSG Loftin story circa oct 1991 Camp Eagle II

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m cryin!!!! I hope my son has better sense than that. Laffin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are called tundra Wookiee’s many of soldier has had the unfortunate incident of following one home.. Alcohol it can be a terrible thing sometimes…

Last edited by 79S; 08/06/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by renegade50
Get really hammered...
Pic up a obese cabbage patch looking NA chick.
Go back to her place and listen to her take a massive dump thru the thin door.
Then she comes out in her little nightie act all coy and looking like a drunk walrus that found a sexy outfit at goodwill ready to get it ON!!!

You fuuuk the hell outta free willie in your drunken stupor and haul azz early in the morning before she wakes up.

SSG Loftin story circa oct 1991 Camp Eagle II

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m cryin!!!! I hope my son has better sense than that. Laffin

Things have improved a little in Fairbanks since 1991. But the supply of good looking girls is not one of them..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This is a trip I would really like to do also. Thinking a bed and breakfast cabin out of town, rent a truck, and explore Alaska and catch some fish. Would late August or early September get you past the worst of the biting bugs?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Pioneer park ,chena hotsprings, drive the dalton and catch grayling. There's a camera store that rents high end lenses in town if your into taking pics. Some ok fishing on base. North pole if your into Christmas stuff and there's a park that rents kayaks and paddle boards, don't remember the name but anyone stationed at Wainwright would know it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JimInAK
I have yet to visit it myself, but have heard the vintage car museum has an interesting collection.

https://www.fountainheadmuseum.com

This is for sure a must see. The cars are superb and they all are kept in running condition. This Cord is one I wish I could take home...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 79S
And prepare to meet/see some of the weirdest ph uckers around. When we roll through squarebanks we leave shaking our heads going wtf was that lol..

Fact! Spot on! Hah! Rolled through Fairbanks in 1979, coldest town I have ever seen. People were nice though (but odd putting it nicely).

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 3,345 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.