Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Anyone have any actual experience with loading/shooting Ginex small pistol primers? I have heard that they can be difficult to load as they are slightly larger than U.S. produced primers. Also, I heard that this problem was going to be corrected a couple of years ago. Again, this is all internet chatter from people that I am not familiar with. I have found a place that is offering them for $445.18/case of 5K delivered (incl. shipping and haz-mat and no tax if outside Tennessee). I would hate to buy 5K of these to have issues seating a lot of them. They are made in Bosnia and are supposed to be comparable to Wolf primers in performance.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
That's almost 100/1000. I've bought US made ones for that on internet auctions.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Please share where one can currently buy 1K of SPP delivered for $100.00. I have seen them for about that price, when they can be found, but there often is a limit of 2K plus haz-mat and shipping plus state tax. There is a source who has a minimum of 5K of Remington SPP delivered with no tax, unless you live in Tennessee, for $549.00. I think that is a little high, but 6 months from now, it may be a bargain. Depends on what Joe and the Ho does. Other than the Ginex, that is the best I have found today. I really don't much need 5K of them, but I'm not so sure as to what the future supply and market prices will be. It does seem that for now a few primers are making it to the open market. Ideally, I have been checking my usual internet supply sources to get some primers available so I can combine a couple of cans of powder with the primer order to offset the haz-mat and shipping. It seems that when they have primers, they are out of the particular powder I am looking for. At least I am not out of anything, just trying to look ahead to make sure I always have plenty on hand.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Please share where one can currently buy 1K of SPP delivered for $100.00. ....

The Ace Hardware down the road from my house. Well, technically, they don't deliver them. You have to walk into the store.
Rex

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by TRexF16

The Ace Hardware down the road from my house. Well, technically, they don't deliver them. You have to walk into the store.
Rex
You obviously have never bought primers and had to pay hazmat and shipping.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H

Rex
Well, aren't you special. All of us are not so blessed as to have a supplier nearby with a plentiful inventory. Some of us have to resort to ordering supplies and having them shipped to us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dla

Rex
You obviously have never bought primers and had to pay hazmat and shipping.
What an odd statement. How can a local store having primers in stock right now, lead to the conclusion that therefore I obviously have never ordered them through them mail?
On the contrary, I have bought tens of thousands through the mail and paid shipping and Hazmat. But if they are on a store shelf at a price that totals less than mail order plus shipping and hazmat, why wouldn't anyone take that option? But because I did have many thousands shipped, I don't need any primers right now, though I did buy one brick of Fed Small Pistol Magnum Match at that Ace for $89 a couple months back, for my .357s.
Good luck finding what you need,
Rex

Last edited by TRexF16; 08/07/22.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have loaded several thousand of the ginex small pistol primers. They can be a little harder to seat than american made primers. Not all of them, just occasionally. They perform excellent, no issues with primers not going off. Several places have them in stock on ammo seek right now. Last order I got was from KRArmory and they were $450 for 5k which included shipping and hazmat. I see Lohman Arms has 5k for $379 right now but I didn't look and see if that included shipping and hazmat.

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.