Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Are they all dressed like they’re in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie? I’ve ridden bikes since I’ve been big enough, and I’ve never understood the need to look like a walking billboard.

Fishing too!
He gets paid to wear that crap. Bikers pay HD stores to advertise for them.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No endorsement on THAT guy's tag. First ride, should be the last.

I've been at Sturgis the week before, thanks to the old Varmint Hunters Shootout that was going on up until about 2010? Just amazing to drive through a ghost town all set up for a huge party, it was total Twilight Zone. I've thought many times about packing not just my rifles but my old rice rocket to spend a few days riding what I have heard are excellent motorcycle roads in the Black Hills, mostly deserted and windy except during, you guessed, Sturgis.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you coming to ride, avoid the rally. When I had my motorcycle, it stayed parked during the rally.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5spd
Lots of " hardcore bikers" on I25 headed that way.....all on trailers...hahaha.
Let's go to Sturgis.....but put the bikes in back!
because if they was not on trailers ,they would break down before they got to Sturgis. At least the the Harleys in the 70's did

NRA Life Member
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ya'll remember that TV show about that dude that owned a bar at Sturgis.....can't remember the name of it right now.

Used to watch it, figured it was all put on for TV.

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Full Throttle Saloon

Made for TV drama. In reality, the rally is one big drama fest.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reportedly drove off I-90 at Sturgis. 'Boomer must not have been kidding about the traffic.

[Linked Image from newscenter1.tv]

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I guess that wasn’t the exit to Sturgis! 😳

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by 5spd
Lots of " hardcore bikers" on I25 headed that way.....all on trailers...hahaha.
Let's go to Sturgis.....but put the bikes in back!
because if they was not on trailers ,they would break down before they got to Sturgis. At least the the Harleys in the 70's did
Just like everything else manufactured in the US in the 70’s.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Reportedly drove off I-90 at Sturgis. 'Boomer must not have been kidding about the traffic.

[Linked Image from newscenter1.tv]
He was probably trying to see an infamous Sturgis booby, those things are cool looking sometimes. I'll swing by there tomorrow and check it out.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is very amusing to read this thread. the wife and I just got home from sturgis and neither of our bikes broke down , leaked anything all the way there or back home . ( 2600 miles round trip ) and yes I pull a trailer but it is behind my motorcycle . as far as the dressing up , I figure ( to each his own ) . dressed up or not its their business not mine. And I am sure like anything else there are jackazzes among us just like anywhere else. we have been going every year since 2007 to meet up with friends from all over the states . if you have a true interest in something there is nothing better than to hang out with like minded people . granted its not for everyone but if you have not any experience there , then who give a rats azz what you think! Who are we to be judging anyone ?? $65,000 fishing boat makes more sense ? we all have our things, the true thing is to be a big enough person to know this !

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those who mock folks dressing up at Sturgis likely have no qualms about dressing up to go hunting.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Tuesday morning it's7:15 AM and I can't hear 1 motorcycle going east or west on I-90 back to normal. I live here, from Saturday first weekend on the incessant noise of bikes is just nonstop in the background....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Probably was my last run, it’s been on and off since 76.
What I miss is the creativity and personal style. Bikes this year were very cookie cutter. Spent many hours looking at stock Harleys, Victory’s, Indians, Hondas, and so on and it seemed the one with the most factory chrome was the winner.
Hard to find a tricked out knuckle or similar, saw just a couple creative rides cruising thru how many parked in town? I always went for the cool ingenuity.
Women, yeah they come in all kinds there including some absolute stunners.
Terrific and beautiful area to cruise those hills, I’m glad so many others enjoy it as well. Been fun over the years, my days there are done.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 08/16/22.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Tuesday morning it's7:15 AM and I can't hear 1 motorcycle going east or west on I-90 back to normal. I live here, from Saturday first weekend on the incessant noise of bikes is just nonstop in the background....mb

Same here in Spearfish, sitting on the deck drinking morning coffee. The peace and quiet is nice.

The noise is constant and stops only for a few hours at night around here. It really wears on a person after a couple of weeks.

Relieved that it is over and life can get back to normal.

Arcus Venator
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Those who mock folks dressing up at Sturgis likely have no qualms about dressing up to go hunting.
Didn't see the big rig crash site while Westbound.

Nor any pirates. No boobies. No jagazzes. Couple dozens bikes around. Mellowest crossing of SD in three weeks.

One can easily bemoan the jackassery of the attendees in transit while not disparaging the rally. That's my take. I appreciate the guys here that spoke up. It inspired me to read a little and gain new knowledge of the rally unrelated to the I90, 34, 212, mofoery. Beautiful day today for riding in W SD.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (257 mag, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 2UP, 300jimmy, 35, 14 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.