Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Lol you are comparing IBS shooters to high power shooters wtf. A service rifle shooting those groups uh ok.. So those shooters shot 3 shot groups beforehand and said yep these will work? I shoot a 10 shot string for a reason out of my service rifle I want to see how the 10 shot string does, these are single feed as well. But most times I will shoot a 5 shot group. I get it most of you are afraid to admit it but you all hate AR15’s you just don’t want to get ran off. You see it in acesandeights comments

See here again you get nothing right. Do I like AR’s, well fugg no, and not afraid to say it, they’re a POS. The military between 1970 and 72 engrained that fact quite well. Do I own an AR well fugg yes. Why, because it’s 3 pounds lighter than my other varmint guns. At 70 carrying 3 pounds less is a good deal. I don’t and never have loaded for an AR and never will, Why? Because I bought 5000 rounds when 55’s were 23 cents shipped and 62 green tip was 29 cents shipped. I couldn’t even load for that counting my time. Also my Garand got sold in 93 to pay for a Bench rifle.

As far as I am concerned an AR is nothing but a lightweight varmint gun. If I were to hunt deer it offers absolutely nothing over my better guns, as I can’t have any more than 5 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. I can’t even have a pistol or rifle mag on me that holds anymore than 5 rounds, I gots to carry a wheel gun for a pistola.

You and him want to shoot service rifle and 10 shot groups that’s cool and it’s your right to do so, but to come on here and puff out your chest, make statements that you consider yourself king of the fugging rifle is pure BS.

But I will play the dick measuring contest,

2 consecutive 5 shot groups @100 yards

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And how’s about a 5 shot group @200

How’s about a 10 shot group @200

What’s it prove? Not a fugging thing.

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/26/22.

Swifty
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then why photograph and keep the target, then, Swifty?

Nice groups.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by 79S
Lol you are comparing IBS shooters to high power shooters wtf. A service rifle shooting those groups uh ok.. So those shooters shot 3 shot groups beforehand and said yep these will work? I shoot a 10 shot string for a reason out of my service rifle I want to see how the 10 shot string does, these are single feed as well. But most times I will shoot a 5 shot group. I get it most of you are afraid to admit it but you all hate AR15’s you just don’t want to get ran off. You see it in acesandeights comments

See here again you get nothing right. Do I like AR’s, well fugg no, and not afraid to say it, they’re a POS. The military between 1970 and 72 engrained that fact quite well. Do I own an AR well fugg yes. Why, because it’s 3 pounds lighter than my other varmint guns. At 70 carrying 3 pounds less is a good deal. I don’t and never have loaded for an AR and never will, Why? Because I bought 5000 rounds when 55’s were 23 cents shipped and 62 green tip was 29 cents shipped. I couldn’t even load for that counting my time. Also my Garand got sold in 93 to pay for a Bench rifle.

As far as I am concerned an AR is nothing but a lightweight varmint gun. If I were to hunt deer it offers absolutely nothing over my better guns, as I can’t have any more than 5 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. I can’t even have a pistol or rifle mag on me that holds anymore than 5 rounds, I gots to carry a wheel gun for a pistola.

You and him want to shoot service rifle and 10 shot groups that’s cool and it’s your right to do so, but to come on here and puff out your chest, make statements that you consider yourself king of the fugging rifle is pure BS.

But I will play the dick measuring contest,

2 consecutive 5 shot groups @100 yards

And how’s about a 5 shot group @200

How’s about a 10 shot group @200

What’s it prove? Not a fugging thing.

You feel better?? Lol

Last edited by 79S; 07/27/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Then why photograph and keep the target, then, Swifty?

Nice groups.

Because all of my load and test data includes pictures of the targets on my laptop in excel. I keep extensive notes including individual case dimensions before and after, chronograph for each group then correlate later again in excel. All 5 shot groups are fired in 7 min, then a rest period for target change just like in a match. 10 shot has to be done in 12 min. 2 minutes for any sighters then 1 shot per min.

Originally Posted by 79S
You feel better?? Lol

LMAO, proves you wrong again as you were supposed to ostracize me and get me kicked off the site for stating my dislike of AR’s. Shot that POS again today just to remind myself just how little fun I have shooting it and it did nothing to cure my distaste for it. 10 rounds and it was kicked out of the rotation by being thrown in the car.

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/27/22.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My most memorable 5 shot group. 220 Swift 52 grain Sierra match, velocity 3950

Shot 1-3 looking poor, shot 4 chucked left, bad bad, #5 keyholes ?????????

Pack up to go home as there gotta be a problem? Pack up Oehler, go to retrieve wind flags and target.

Lo and fugging behold 50 yard wind flag

I hit the same blade twice, spinning ~1500 rpm on 2 consecutive shots and still hit the target 50 yards down range. That I doubt I could ever redo.

Swifty
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now, THAT's a group.

The odd thing is, those are at different points on the blade. First hit must have moved it because otherwise I don't see how unless you majorly moved on the bench.

Impressed, tho.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now, THAT's a group.

The odd thing is, those are at different points on the blade. First hit must have moved it because otherwise I don't see how unless you majorly moved on the bench.

Impressed, tho.

I'll bet the wind direction was changing a bit. That could explain the apparent spread of the impact points.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Now, THAT's a group.

Impressed, tho.

I'll bet the wind direction was changing a bit. That could explain the apparent spread of the impact points.

Winner!

The wind was varying from 4 o’clock to 7 o’clock, steady at ~22 mph, gusts to 35. My guess is the shot that keyholed is the one that hit the thicker part of the prop spine, the tip is actually pretty thin and flexible.

Swifty
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
112 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,378 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.