Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Me and my younger son left early yesterday morning and made the run up to see a good friend of mine........who happens to build turkey calls. Had a GREAT visit !!! Talked turkey......turkey calls.......deer.......dogs......bears......and about a thousand other things. Rode around and checked a bunch of food plots. And the best bonus every time I go there......... I get to run about 100 of the best sounding box calls you'll ever hold in your hand. The hard part is deciding which one(s) to bring home. Yesterday, only one followed me home. A mahogany one-sider with a beech paddle. UNREAL sound !!! But there was a cedar/butternut paddle caller that I may call up and have him mail it to me. It was probably the best running paddle caller I ever held.

Then for the bonus round !!! Stopped at an ABC store on the way home and scored 4 bottles of a bourbon that I'll never lay eyes on in my home state. Win, win !!!

Long day. Lotta miles on the truck. But a GREAT day !!!!!!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
BP-B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Post us up.a sound file when you get it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Post us up.a sound file when you get it.

I have it. But I've absolutely NO idea how to post a sound file.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh, wait............. You mean the paddle caller ?? Don't have that one, yet. And still not a freakin' clue as to how posting sound files works.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Two ways. The harder (but still easy) way first.

Your cell phone should have a recorder ap. The icon looks like a microphone. If not, whether its Apple or Android, you can download a recording ap from the ap store for free. I have an android and use this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...der.audiorecorder&hl=en_US&gl=US

Literally, just open it, press record, play your box near the near the microphone that you speak into when making a call, then press stop. It automatically saves as an MP3 file. You can upload it from your phone to a sound file hosting site, or email the MP3 file to yourself so you can have it on your PC and upload it to a sound file hosting site. I use this sound file hosting site.

https://vocaroo.com/

Press upload, select the MP3 from your computer, it automatically does the rest, and then it gives you a link to the sound file, like this.

https://vocaroo.com/1j90a4CMiAgK

Second way.

Or, you just open Vocaroo, play your box near your PC mike, then press stop and then Vocaroo will give you a link to the sound file. This is easier, but you don't get to keep a copy of the sound file for yourself. And you have to give the ap permission to access your PC mike.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/09/22.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sounds easy (?) .......... I guess.

I'll look at it. It would be a great tool if I were making and selling calls again. Not too convinced I'm gonna start downloading apps just to appease our favorite resident troll, though.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am with Yoder on this one, I had no clue how to do the sound file thing. Thanks 10Glocks for the info.
I use to go to the TN state duck calling championships back in the 70's and carry a cassette recorder and record the whole thing. I would then go home and try to make my duck calls do what I was hearing. At some point, I figured out that those guys sounded nothing like what a real duck sounds like, so I stopped going....lol

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Yoder409

I'll look at it. It would be a great tool if I were making and selling calls again. Not too convinced I'm gonna start downloading apps just to appease our favorite resident troll, though.

Donny Stear.......Paid by the choke tube and turkey hunting industry for decades now a cAll maker.....whO is this mystery mAn ?

Stopped at an ABC store on the way home and scored 4 bottles of a bourbon that I'll never lay eyes on in my home state. Win, win !!!

Nothing like alcohol induced visions of grandeur....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

It is easy. That's how I was able to create a sound file of that godawful squalling mess to put on my electronic call to attract coyotes. Hopefully it doesn't drive them away.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That WAS pretty cruel.......... If animal welfare gets a hold of that, they'd have somebody's arse for doing that to a puppy.

On a lighter note..........that paddle caller that was haunting me.......... I talked to my buddy last night and again this morning. The call is in the mail !!!

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You will not know which one to use first...lol

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pullit
You will not know which one to use first...lol

Well................. I kinda already had that problem. LOL !!!

The root of the problem is that box calls keep showing up at my house..........

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a buddy that buys a new rifle every year to deer hunt with. He will shoot a deer, and he is ready for another rifle.
Maybe that same thing applies to you and box calls. Use it to kill a turkey and put it away and break out another one....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No. Not that. I just like box calls. The VAST majority of the calls in the garage never have been to the woods nor will they, ever.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't blame you. I own a lot of rifles and hunt mainly with two of them. I get some joy from owning guns that I may never hunt with. I have a Model 70 Alaskan in .300 Win Mag. I have zero use where I live for that as a hunting gun but I love it nonetheless and will keep it in my collection. Pride of ownership is enough. I didn't draw a tag last season for Virginia's quota elk hunt. Maybe this year. If I do, I'll use this rifle.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/09/22.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Bear in mind......... Just because I don't HUNT a particular call for whatever reason, that DOESN'T mean it doesn't get played many, many times throughout the year. I probably run calls, on average 4-6 nights a week. I go to the garage.......slide the door closed and have at it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I drive our dog nuts with my turkey and predator calls! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

A pirate walks into a bar. He's got a steering wheel sticking out of his zipper. Bartender says to him, "Hey, buddy !!! You know you got a steering wheel sticking outta your zipper ??" Pirate says, "AYE !!! It's drivin' me nuts !!"

grin grin grin

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Oh boy... LOL!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

A pirate walks into a bar. He's got a steering wheel sticking out of his zipper. Bartender says to him, "Hey, buddy !!! You know you got a steering wheel sticking outta your zipper ??" Pirate says, "AYE !!! It's drivin' me nuts !!"

grin grin grin

Ah, lfc is correct…. You should have been a comedian….harr harr harr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
197 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 18 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.