Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17498599 08/09/22
J
JDK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Back at the beginning of May, I ordered Sportsmatch rings for my Tikka. They are backordered and I'm now reading that the company owner is retiring. I contacted Airguns of Arizona to see if there is any future date when these may come in and the very short one line response was "No arrival expectation date." While I'm not in a huge rush, I figure I better have plan B in place but I'm unsure what plan B is.

What I have read about Talley has been mixed. Burris seems to be good. I don't want a rail.

Any help with Plan B is appreciated.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What about sako optilock?

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-a...-bases/sako-ringmounts-30mm-blued-steel/

https://www.eurooptic.com/sako-optilock-ringmounts-blue-30mm-x-low-75-85-s1701904.aspx

I am currently using Warne rings that mount to the dovetail. I have heard that vertical rings are bad for scopes, but so far my lrhs2 and swfa 3-9x42 have lived..

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 08/09/22.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

J
JDK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

I did and think they are on the short list for Plan B. Thank you.

J
JDK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Completely missed DNZ. Thank you.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've used the rings that came with the T3 on seven rifles with complete success. The only change I make to them is that I replace the factory screw rings with new screws from the hardware store. I also use a screw from my scope rings screw kit to make a stop for the rear ring.

I've had no issues or scope slippage with them. These were ideas picked up from other members and they have worked.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
https://www.tawnadoairguns.com/

Try these guys. Have used them for years. Never had a bad experience.

Just ordered a set from them not too long ago and they arrived quick, especially considering that they shipped from the UK.

The Sportsmatch rings are much better than the rings that Tikka used to include.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I use DNZ on mine, great rings!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Use Talley's on half a dozen Tikkas without issue.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dnz or Talley’s on my tikkas..
I have had Talley’s crack but it was on my sauer 9.3, called them up and had new ones before I knew it.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I run Talley on all of mine. No problems.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have Warne rings on all 3 of my Tikkas. No problems at all. I’d use them again.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I use Talley light weights or Warne rings on my 7 Tikka centerfire rifles. No issues with either.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by aboltfan
I've used the rings that came with the T3 on seven rifles with complete success. The only change I make to them is that I replace the factory screw rings with new screws from the hardware store. I also use a screw from my scope rings screw kit to make a stop for the rear ring.

I've had no issues or scope slippage with them. These were ideas picked up from other members and they have worked.

This.

I have used the factory rings a number of times, only replacing the ring screws with hardened steel screws instead of the soft aluminum Tikka factory screws. A small amount of medium loctite or clear fingernail polish hardener on the threads and torque them evenly using an inch pound torque wrench and you are not likely to ever have an issue.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I have used Warne rings on my Tikkas. They are a perfect fit to the factory dovetail and they are built solidly. The Talleys may be a little lighter if you are looking to shave as much weight as possible though.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by aboltfan

This.

I have used the factory rings a number of times, only replacing the ring screws with hardened steel screws instead of the soft aluminum Tikka factory screws. A small amount of medium loctite or clear fingernail polish hardener on the threads and torque them evenly using an inch pound torque wrench and you are not likely to ever have an issue.

Same experience here

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I used leupold std standard bases and rings on my t3x in 300 win.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JDK
Back at the beginning of May, I ordered Sportsmatch rings for my Tikka. They are backordered and I'm now reading that the company owner is retiring. I contacted Airguns of Arizona to see if there is any future date when these may come in and the very short one line response was "No arrival expectation date." While I'm not in a huge rush, I figure I better have plan B in place but I'm unsure what plan B is.

What I have read about Talley has been mixed. Burris seems to be good. I don't want a rail.

Any help with Plan B is appreciated.

Many good threads, with pictures, on the subject. Google fu may help? Side note: I run DD's and weavers on mine.. So many options out there that work, some clamp on and others screw on in the traditional manner.. Your choice and the sky is really the limit.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Use Talley's on half a dozen Tikkas without issue.
Originally Posted by Oakster
I run Talley on all of mine. No problems.

6 sets of Talleys for me, 4 for my brother, all milled. No issues but some of them are only a decade or so old.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i prefer burris signature zee rings on a 1 piece warne weaver base personally.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.