Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just curious. I am a NF fan. Have one and want another NXS

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s too soon to tell for me. What I can say is they track perfectly in both the samples I checked. Clicks match and reticle moves straight up and down. Durability only time and use can tell.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine has been good so far, and tracks spot on

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
NF has no reticle I am interested in for hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sample of 1 has been good.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

the MOAR is pretty good in their 3.5-15 model. I think its too small and a bit harder to see in the 2.5-10's but in the 3.5-15 its great. I have the ziess v4's in the tmoa 30 and the zmoa 2 both reticles are great. The zero stop works great too. its not as robust as nightforce or as positive but its plenty good for what it needs to do. you have capped windage. The glass on the v4 is amazing. I think its the best long range hunting scope around. durability only time will tell and use. If I knew that answer, I would sell both my NF scopes and replace them with v4's

I also have a 3-12 as well I wish they offered the turret and zero stop on them too, but the ziess rep told me that probably will never happen. while not used for tracking as it has capped turrets and is a set and forget scope. I did find I think 1% error or something along those lines. still better performance than many dedicated dialing scopes from other makers.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 08/09/22.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Note that I said NF has no reticle I am interested in for hunting.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

You need to live a little buddy. Have you even looked at their reticles? That MOAR works great on all targets of opportunity I've tried it on. Its not busy at all. I hate the hell out of "busy" reticles. As for Zeiss, I'm waiting patiently for my V4 4-16x44 to come in. They asked if I would be interested in the #94, which they call the ZMOA-2. Looks very similar to the MOAR, so I think I will like it. I do understand about not liking some reticles though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You need to live a little buddy. Have you even looked at their reticles? That MOAR works great on all targets of opportunity I've tried it on. Its not busy at all. I hate the hell out of "busy" reticles. As for Zeiss, I'm waiting patiently for my V4 4-16x44 to come in. They asked if I would be interested in the #94, which they call the ZMOA-2. Looks very similar to the MOAR, so I think I will like it. I do understand about not liking some reticles though.

Again you like it so that is all that matters. It will not do make me shoot any better and will have most likely worst outcomes when hunting, Not a lowlight reticle no use for it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Again you like it so that is all that matters. It will not do make me shoot any better and will have most likely worst outcomes when hunting, Not a lowlight reticle no use for it.

The ones I have work just fine in low light conditions. I do a little bit of shooting, maybe more than most here and often shoot at the range until dark time. I don't think you can say it doesn't work in low light conditions if you've never actually tried one.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The ones I have work just fine in low light conditions. I do a little bit of shooting, maybe more than most here and often shoot at the range until dark time. I don't think you can say it doesn't work in low light conditions if you've never actually tried one.

I have had the forceplex and it had too short of a mounting tube plus the reticle was not heavy enough for me. I sold it to a member here. I would rather have the v4 4-16x44 with a plex or #60 reticle have not decided which one yet.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
W

I have had the forceplex and it had too short of a mounting tube plus the reticle was not heavy enough for me. I sold it to a member here. I would rather have the v4 4-16x44 with a plex or #60 reticle have not decided which one yet.
been thinking of putting that exact scope on a cz 527 in 6.5 grendel for whitetail deer in the south. wonder how that 44mm would gather light? i've got a couple 3-12x56mm and they do well.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by whitearrow

been thinking of putting that exact scope on a cz 527 in 6.5 grendel for whitetail deer in the south. wonder how that 44mm would gather light? i've got a couple 3-12x56mm and they do well.
Big Ed

I used a Zeiss Conquest 4-16x44 with the ballistic reticle they were selling at the time, do not remember the name. I shot a deer in the freaking pitch dark in Alabama many moons ago when there was no 1/2 hour after sunset . It will be better then fine.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I like simple reticles too buddy. One reason I like the Burris FFII ballistic plex so much. It just works and works well. The standard Z plex reticle is a good one. I wish they offered the RZ6 reticle on the V4, as that is almost an exact match to the Burris ballistic plex. I think reticles are very subjective. Some like them busy, others not so much. Probably why they have so many different types..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, and sometimes it’s just a matter of getting used to what you have. I have no issues with the NXS 3.5-15x50 MOAR either. I am getting my 2nd one today. To me, it’s great for the range and hunting. The illumination sucks, but it’s not something that I use often if at all.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Have had several of the V4s in 3-12x56 and 4-16x44 format and have no complaints at all. Tracking/return-to-zero have been spot-on, and the optical quality is very good.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Have had several of the V4s in 3-12x56 and 4-16x44 format and have no complaints at all. Tracking/return-to-zero have been spot-on, and the optical quality is very good.

ok bobby since you are my goto man for lowlight scopes anyway, how did the 4-16x44mm compare to the 3-12x56mm in low light in both your V4's please?
regards,
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Without getting into too much detail, the 4-16x44s did fine in decent moonlight at around 8x. With the 56mm version, I was easily able to use 10x -- and as you know, in moonlight, magnification is key. When the moonlight was weak or diffused, the edge did go to the 3-12x56.

In strong moonlight, the 4-16x44s gave up precious little to the 56mm 3-12x.

The key benefit of the 4-16x is that you can precisely focus the target whereas you are stuck with a fixed parallax in the 3-12x56. Sometimes in poor lighting, that can somewhat minimize the advantage of higher magnification.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
W
thanks bobby. i think i'm gonna try the 4-16x44mm with the wonderful #60 ret out on the lil cz. i hate to put a 56mm on that lil rifle is all.
regards bud,
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
have you looked into their range of Moa reticle?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.