-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have always preferred Sierra's over any other brand for most of my reloading. The one exception to that being that I like the Hornandy VMax bullets for varmint hunting. It's been hard to find what I've needed over the past couple of years. I've managed to pick up a few boxes here and there, but certain ones I'm looking for have been impossible to find.

I will say this though, there seems to me plenty of 30 caliber, as well as some 22 and 6.5 bullets as compared to other calibers. I'm guessing they are mostly making what is the most popular.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw someplace that the National Archives bought 600 million Sierra bullets for their SWAT teams:

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...ing-on-it-unless-you-like-tranny-stories

Okay, that was a lie……..

Actually, the current dearth of components should serve to encourage me to use up the big honkin’ pile of stuff already in hand, a good thing.

Last edited by Pappy348; 08/10/22.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boycotting something that can't be bought is sheer brilliance.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Powder Valley has some.
www.powdervalleyinc.com

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Recently I bought some Sierra 65 gr GK bullets. Happy to find them, and a bit surprised.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BEN243: One of my lifelong friends and Hunting/Varminting partners is LITERALLY on the phone every week to the higher ups at Sierra complaining about his lifelong use of their bullets for Hunting/Varminting/targeting and for the last year plus he CAN NOT replace the Sierras he shoots.
Their answer - repeatedly - is we don't care we are dedicating our bullets for ammo and ammo manufacturers.
I agree on the shortage, in my constant perusal of gunshops, gunstores and sporting goods stores the Sierras are right next to non-existent where for MANY decades before Sierras were plentiful/abundant.
Even my friends threats to boycott Sierra bullets fell on deaf ears down Sedalia, Missouri way.
Puzzling to me this.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Ever work retail.

Every customer is/should be important.

5-10% of them are your "Best" customer, spend the "Most" money,
make the most demands, and threaten to "go elsewhere".

They guys are never best, biggest, worth the time, and are like a bad
dose of the clap. They won't go away.

The instant the talk goes to how important they are, is when customer service hears, Blah,Blah, Blah.

You forgot - "Every customer is the exception".

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BEN243: One of my lifelong friends and Hunting/Varminting partners is LITERALLY on the phone every week to the higher ups at Sierra complaining about his lifelong use of their bullets for Hunting/Varminting/targeting and for the last year plus he CAN NOT replace the Sierras he shoots.
Their answer - repeatedly - is we don't care we are dedicating our bullets for ammo and ammo manufacturers.
I agree on the shortage, in my constant perusal of gunshops, gunstores and sporting goods stores the Sierras are right next to non-existent where for MANY decades before Sierras were plentiful/abundant.
Even my friends threats to boycott Sierra bullets fell on deaf ears down Sedalia, Missouri way.
Puzzling to me this.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Doubt he buys enough bullets that his "boycott" concerns them too much.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just picked up two boxes of 6mm game changers tonight. $34/box which I thought was reasonable

CK
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Boycotting something that can't be bought is sheer brilliance.
I bet that's so far over his head he doesn't even notice...

B
BEN243 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I sent off a note off to Sierra asking them when their bullets maybe available again and got no reply back from them.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I emailed Sierra couple months ago about their 35 cal 225gr Game Kings. Got a reply in 30 minutes. Was told that they did not produce them but every 3 yrs and wasn't on the production schedule at present. Person who responded was informative and helpful.

It doesn't matter how fast you miss.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by southtexas
And not only are they not available, their prices are ridiculous.

They are actually quite cheap if none are available. smile. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,338
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.