Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Mid December 13 degrees for a high in Cheatam county Tennessee.

The gobblers were scratching up big grass hoppers in a long sage grass field along the Cumberland river.....the two gobblers I killed craws were bulging as big as soft balls...filled with grass hoppers .

Contrary to old folk lore most insects do not die in the winter nor does the cold play much part in the number of insects the next year.

GB1

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Must be. Around here, grasshoppers die in the fall and they only live through the winter as eggs, or nymphs where it's even warmer. By December there ain't much in the way of insect life for turkeys to feed on. Here they're eating mast and left over stuff in fields.

Glockhead your so quick to comment on things you obviously don't know jAck chit from shinOla about.

Virginia weather I'd not much different than Tennessee weather.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No one said "all insects." Grasshoppers specifically. All you have to do is google the lifecycle of grasshoppers and the .edu sites state grasshoppers die when it gets cold, only surviving as eggs, or nymphs in warmer climates. And that they start to starve when temps drop below 65 degrees. Yet, your turkeys were scratchinmg up big grasshoppers in 13 degree weather. I think you make shyt up just to argue.

Fields full of "big" grasshoppers in 13 degree winter weather.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I ain't even seen TICKS below about 26 or 28 degrees...............

You claiming these were juicy, dormant grasshoppers ?? Or the rotted out carapaces of long since dead grasshoppers ???

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I suspect the grasshoppers had burrowed down in a sage grass and gone dormant....I guess the gobblers thought they were good or they wouldn't have gorged themselves on them.

Ticks are dormant in the leaf litter....when I fall hunted in December and January I treated my clothes with perminone....more than once I got ticks on me after warning up the ground for several hours in 30 degree weather.

I took a fellow fall hunting with me once before dark we got up and left....as we left he remarked thats the longest I have ever sat in one spot....I replied I didn't think it was that long. I recall it being about 6 or 7 hours. No kills that day had a couple turkeys come in behind us presenting no shot.
The next morning we got in there before light and best I recall the guy killed at least one.

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Glockhead I'm sick of you calling me a liar....tell you what bub when I come back to Powhatan Virginia next spring we can sure as hell hook up and I'll show your sorry azz who the liar is.

You goof ball.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Ticks are dormant in the leaf litter....when I fall hunted in December and January I treated my clothes with perminone....more than once I got ticks on me after warning up the ground for several hours in 30 degree weather.

It seems that 30 degrees is right about the cutoff point for tick activity. I don't think I've ever found one crawling on me any (or much) below that. I know I've found them crawling when it was a lot colder than you'd expect to find one.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I offered to hook up with you this last spring and you wouldn't do it.

And if anyone here, including me, thinks you're a bullshitter, maybe the first person to blame for that is yourself. You burst onto this board little more than a year ago claiming to know everything there was to know about turkeys and turkey hunting. In the meantime, you've said quite a bit of things that might make any reasonable person wonder if you know as much as you claim.

Notwithstanding the present claim that your winter turkeys were gobbling down big grasshoppers in 13 degree winter weather, there's been these gems (just off the top fo my head)...

I think it was you that claimed turkeys migrate hundreds of miles between Texas and Kansas (was it?) and that's how the northern state got mesquite trees, or some such theory.
When Yoder said he wanted to go Oscellated Turkey hunting, you argued with him that Oscellated turkey weren't turkeys at all, but pea fowl.
You offered up page after page argument on TSS shot, even though it was well proven, and even managed to get yourself banned from yet another forum, Apex's IIRC, over your argumentativeness.
You've ruined thread after thread after thread after thread demanding that Yoder prove, to your satisfaction, his involvement in the choke tube business, while simultaneously claiming you were on "this one guy's prostaff" without offering the same kind of proof you demanded from him. That was the year you "accidentally" killed 30 "legal" turkeys, IIRC.
And in what appears to be an effort to appear relevant, you constantly set up straw man arguments just so you can knock them down. Like when Dean posted about game cameras, you said his baiting predators "proved your point" despite the fact that Dean never said he placed bait, and despite the fact you had made no point to prove.
Not to mention your incessant need to pop into a thread solely for the purposes of calling me, or Yoder, or both of us an idiot.

For someone who so obviously wants to be regarded as the ultimate authority on turkeys and turkey hunting, it seem to me that you've gone out of your way to make yourself look absurd.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/01/22.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
......... it seems to me that you've gone out of your way to make yourself look absurd.

Nawwwwwwwww..............

I think THAT happens (time and time, again) all by itself. grin

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Bubba if I hook up with an idiot like you it won't be for a friendly visit.

I still stand by what I said about the Oselated pea fowl not being a true turkey and I never said turkeys migrated from Texas to Kansas....I said the biologist for the state of Kansas told me the Rios in Kansas travel long distances to get in the big winter flocks.

You shoot what ever shot you want because you don't have to worry about shooting a turkey because time after time you've proven you are too stupid to kill a turkey...you couldn't even kill a squirrel.

Funny thing Yoderboy sings back up for you and you acuse him of shooting his turkeys off his back porch this spring....you two are two f'd up individuals.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You stand by it because every time you say something demonstrably stupid, instead of admitting it or letting it go, you double down on it. You simply cannot be wrong. You're not half the hunter or outdoorsman you want people to think you are.

And that's why you're a bullshitter.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I still stand by what I said about the Oselated pea fowl not being a true turkey ...........

You may stand if you like, Luther. But your best bet on this one is to sit down and STFU.

Try SPELLING it right, at least.............

There are NO peafowl native to Central America or the Yucatan peninsula......or anywhere within 10000+ miles of there. Peafowl are of the genus Pavo.........native to India and Sri Lanka. Wild turkeys are of the genus Meleagris. Meleagris gallopavo.......the 5 subspecies of turkey that everyone in North America knows. Meleagris ocellata.......the Ocellated.......the turkey you think is a peafowl. The difference between the two is too small to consider genetic segregation by the scientific community. But, I'm sure you already knew this and were just standing by another load of bullschidt to see if one of the resident idiots was actually smarter than you gave him credit for being.

The things you don't know..........for being a self-proclaimed "expert"....... sometimes even surprise me.

When you've hunted turkeys, studied turkeys and LIVED turkeys as long as I have............. THEN you come back and we'll talk.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Don't leave out the part about being paid by the turkey hunting and choke tube industry for over twO decades....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P.S. I know you're gonna want to double down on stupid on this one, Luther. Friendly advice ?? Just walk away......smile and wave. You're WRONG.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Don't leave out the part about being paid by the turkey hunting and choke tube industry for over twO decades....

THAT'S the truth. wink

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You stand by it because every time you say something demonstrably stupid, instead of admitting it or letting it go, you double down on it. You simply cannot be wrong. You're not half the hunter or outdoorsman you want people to think you are.

And that's why you're a bullshitter.

I'm not trying to make people think anything....

I'm not the guy posing on here.....that can't even kill a squirrel let alone a turkey.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC

THAT'S the truth. wink

Well why can't you tell us whO ?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC

THAT'S the truth. wink

Well why can't you tell us whO ?

I have told SEVERAL of "us" ................ Mostly the guys who didn't come off like total wads when they asked.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
One more thing I'd like to know Donnie....

Did you really shoot those two gobblers this past spring out your back door like GlockheAd said you did ?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I didn't say he did, and I actually communicated with him about it. So another lie. You're the one that has taken that and run with it. More bullshit from the lead bullshitter on 24hrcampfire.

I think you're the biggest poser on this website. And the reason you've been banned just about everywhere. That and the fact that you decided harass other call makers, without reason, on other forums.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,75860.0.html?PHPSESSID=9vpo2hkdqcv51igjfi3fhjq741

You know, banned? The reason you had to set up you own "Old Mastur[bator]" forum so you could gratify yourself on being you.

And btw way, "here's a ridDle for you, lFC boy," who was the "one guy" who has a prostaff you were on they year you killed "30 turkeys" "accidentally" just for the sake of "being paid in dead turkeys?" Because we all know single individuals all have "prostaffs."

30 turkeys. If that's true, and that is one fugking big IF, what would possess you to kill 30 turkeys in one year? You think that's something to be proud of? You think that claim makes you look like a big shot? I think if that claim is true, I think it make you look like a rube - as if you needed more help with that given all your other bullshit.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/01/22.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,023
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.