Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Trump pleads the 5th in refusing his deposition to the New York AG.

CNN, WSJ

Gonna get interesting.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow, that's a first for him...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yep.

I would expect a judge to intervene fairly soon and order him to depose with significant daily fines if he continues to refuse to give his deposition.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Yep.

I would expect a judge to intervene fairly soon and order him to depose with significant daily fines if he continues to refuse to give his deposition.
How would overriding the 5th play in here?

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep.

Originally Posted by Godogs57
Yep.

Uhhh.. the 5th amend. is a constitutional right, the judge can't force him to speak, that's kind of the whole point of the 5th, to not give up privacy or self incrimination.
...I know, difficult concept for some.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep.

I would expect a judge to intervene fairly soon and order him to depose with significant daily fines if he continues to refuse to give his deposition. exercise his constitutional rights

FIFY
Toot Toot !!

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If it is a Criminal Case he is not required to answer.....

...and cannot be compelled to. If I understand correctly.

Civil Case is different.......

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
"So there are five people taking the Fifth Amendment, like you see on the mob, right? You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?" Trump told the crowd at an Iowa rally in September 2016.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Yep.

Yep.

Uhhh.. the 5th amend. is a constitutional right, the judge can't force him to speak, that's kind of the whole point of the 5th, to not give up privacy or self incrimination.

We will soon see.

I’m betting that a judge will try to override him pleading the 5th. Whether it works or not is to be seen.

I do recall a judge forcing him to turn over documents with a hefty daily fine but I don’t remember the outcome of it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by losttrail60
"So there are five people taking the Fifth Amendment, like you see on the mob, right? You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?" Trump told the crowd at an Iowa rally in September 2016.

Because............... '...anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST you...' whether you are guilty or NOT!!!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yep.

If I’m not mistaken, the only way to compel testimony is to grant immunity…

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Yep.

Yep.

We will soon see.

I’m betting that a judge will try to override him pleading the 5th. Whether it works or not is to be seen.

I do recall a judge forcing him to turn over documents with a hefty daily fine but I don’t remember the outcome of it.

You must be not smart… a judge cannot override 5th amendment rights.

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep.

Yep.

We will soon see.

Remember Susan McDougal?
Her refusal to answer "three questions" for a grand jury, on whether President Bill Clinton lied in his testimony during her Whitewater trial, led her to receive a jail sentence of 18 months for contempt of court. That made up most of the total 22 months she spent incarcerated.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Remember Susan McDougal?
Her refusal to answer "three questions" for a grand jury, on whether President Bill Clinton lied in his testimony during her Whitewater trial, led her to receive a jail sentence of 18 months for contempt of court. That made up most of the total 22 months she spent incarcerated.
I'm thinking that was because the answers obviously wouldn't have incriminated her. You can't plead the 5th without any interest.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Was McDougals testimony considered self incriminating?

If not, the constitutional rights don’t apply.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Remember Susan McDougal?
I'm thinking that was because the answers obviously wouldn't have incriminated her. You can't plead the 5th without any interest.

She wasn't afraid of the 'Legal' consequences she was afraid of Arkancide.......

( . Y . )
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Trump should answer all these questions but hunter is protected and Biden is too, even Obama can’t be questioned. We keep watching as they demonize and drill the people that represent us.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good for Trump.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Because............... '...anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST you...' whether you are guilty or NOT!!!!!

You whiffed the point. LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep.

WTH??????????

First off, it's a "kangaroo court". They've already decided Trump is guilty, just like J6 crap going on now!
Not one "effing" soul is cross examining the (d) witnesses. "Pig"-losi wouldn't allow any true conservative onto her "Special Committee".
They could give two hoots in hell about the J6'ers, they just want to disqualify Trump for 2024!

Give me ONE CRIME that Trump can be indicted for!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
137 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 18 invisible), 1,901 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,659
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.