Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
IF the US Govt "re-instates" The Draft, here is who "I think" should be first on the list:

ANY eligible Descendants of those who Dodged the Draft back in the day. Start with those that Jimmy Carter 'so called pardoned" and the ones who bragged about dodging the draft i.e Bruce Springsteen and his ilk. Male or female, send them their letter and put them in jail if they don't comply. Yeah, I'm just thinking out loud as we all know how far that will get in Congress! lol

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 08/10/22.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
So, you want to lose? Why not just surrender?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The descendants of Newt Gingrich, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and a bunch of RINO politicians need to be at the head of the line!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was under the impression that Trump "dodged" the draft. No?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
IF the US Govt "re-instates" The Draft, here is who "I think" should be first on the list:

ANY eligible Descendants of those who Dodged the Draft back in the day. Start with those that Jimmy Carter 'so called pardoned" and the ones who bragged about dodging the draft i.e Bruce Springsteen and his ilk. Male or female, send them their letter and put them in jail if they don't comply. Yeah, I'm just thinking pout loud as we all know how far that will get in Congress! lol

Sounds like Draft Lives Matter movement, punish the current generation for the sins of their grandfathers. You seem to have drank the woke koolaid.

Swifty
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While I can agree with your sentiment, what exactly positive will it accomplish?

Elitism is expanding in this country.... not being socially rejected...

This entire nation is going in the exact opposite direction, that was created by our founding fathers...

liberals think they are ALL an elitist class....

and MR Lincoln is correct, there are a bunch of conservatives who think they deserve the same elitism privilege as leftists do...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think the government SHOULD reinstate the draft but with a couple of differences. First, it need not be for military service but for national service. Basic training would include military training for those who opted for it and there would be some benefits to it. One would earn their 2nd Amendment rights, for instance. The second change would be that there would zero exemptions. None. If a person was incapable of doing anything but sitting in a chair, a chair would be provided. No one could buy their way out of service. GD

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by greydog
I think the government SHOULD reinstate the draft but with a couple of differences. First, it need not be for military service but for national service. Basic training would include military training for those who opted for it and there would be some benefits to it. One would earn their 2nd Amendment rights, for instance. The second change would be that there would zero exemptions. None. If a person was incapable of doing anything but sitting in a chair, a chair would be provided. No one could buy their way out of service. GD

2nd Amendment rights are a birthright of all Americans. It cannot be earned, it is an inalienable right. It can only be taken away after you've done something to lose said right. Like vote Democrat. That'll get your rights lost real quick.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

ANY eligible Descendants of those who Dodged the Draft back in the day. Start with those that Jimmy Carter 'so called pardoned" and the ones who bragged about dodging the draft i.e Bruce Springsteen and his ilk. Male or female, send them their letter and put them in jail if they don't comply. Yeah, I'm just thinking pout loud as we all know how far that will get in Congress! lol
So a type of affirmative action for the draft?

NRA Benefactor Member
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
One would earn their 2nd Amendment rights, for instance. GD

Since the 2nd is a Natural Born Right why would someone have to earn it? That’s a stupid idea.

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You don't "earn" rights. You earn privileges and there's no way I want the 2A as a privilege.

Me

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Women should be the first to be called up. They want to be equal, let them prove it.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

In the interest of facts, might ought to instead start with Pres. Gerald Ford's "conditional amnesty/clemency" plan for draft evaders and military deserters as his actually was first:

Box 3, folder “Amnesty” of the James M. Cannon Files at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library.

UPI Archives September 16, 1974 Ford offers amnesty on conditional basis

President Gerald R. Ford's Remarks ...Era Draft Evaders and Military Deserters

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
This entire nation is going in the exact opposite direction, that was created by our founding fathers...

and MR Lincoln is correct, there are a bunch of conservatives who think they deserve the same elitism privilege as leftists do...[/quote]
Originally Posted by Seafire
While I can agree with your sentiment, what exactly positive will it accomplish?

and MR Lincoln is correct, there are a bunch of conservatives who think they deserve the same elitism privilege as leftists do...
We may have to outsource our military someday, pay soMe body to go to war for us.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Children and grandchildren of politicians should be drafted first and put on the front lines. If that war is so damn important, send you fuggin kids!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Huncho

Originally Posted by Seafire

We may have to outsource our military someday, pay soMe body to go to war for us.[/quote]

You mean like private contractors and such? We already are.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah let's reinstate the draft, so we can send tens of thousands of America's young men to their death saying it's to keep America free, then just pack up and leave like last time.

Will they teach and force them to accept and serve with any weirdo pervert this time too?

Yeah let's reinstate the draft,,,,Damn!

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Every single person in Congress along with all their families should be first. These bastards start wars, let them have a good taste themselves like the millions who actually have served. We would have a lot less wars!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
They can pound a draft right up their asses! Not a chance in hell id unwillingly fight for this country and what it has become!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The sniveling cowards who lack the manhood to defend their own freedom don't deserve the benefits of living in the best country in the world, regardless of their political affiliation or social status. That might be a good reason we haven't won a war since 1945.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,090 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.