Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Still a long way to go, but very happy I didn’t capitulate.

You wont be happy long.
And your investment strategy is based on Q? How’s that TWTR short Q told you to initiate working out?

GB2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
lol

Where did I say gold was a great investments? Ive stated repeatedly the past two years gold and silver weren't great investments in the market. If there is a big correction I might jump with a low percentage in precious metals

The stock market no longer follows fundamental and is heavily manipulated by big banks, insider trading by insiders like Pelosi and of course the fed. I got out of gold and silver in Nov 2020 ( I had less than 10 per cent at the time in portfolio) because of the manipulation and obviously crypto has helped keep down precious metals.

Would you advise 67 year old investor to take the same investment strategies and risk as a 37 year old now?

who knows if Im right? Certainly better than Jim Cramer stock expert lol

Originally Posted by Longbob
ribka,

The way you post at the top of the quotes doesn't allow me to quote you and answer directly. It is a bit awkward how you do that, but that is your style. To answer your inflation question is pretty straight forward. That would benefit equity ownership and hurt cash or debt.

You would think all the promotion by the gold bugs would be having the sun shine on their azz, but it isn't. This should be the perfect storm based on their narrative of debt, inflation, wars, printing of dollars, fiat, etc.... Why isn't gold at $5,000 per oz or more? Maybe because it doesn't really work like they think it does.

Last edited by ribka; 07/27/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You didn't say anything about gold and I did not attribute it to you. I put that in my comment like you interjected inflation.

There is much more involved about advising any investor than simply their age. That is only one of many considerations.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You didn't say anything about gold and I did not attribute it to you. I put that in my comment like you interjected inflation.

There is much more involved about advising any investor than simply their age. That is only one of many considerations.

Microsoft and google just released their earnings and they missed expectations but their stock prices went up today after the Fed said inflation will keep rising. That's a sign of a strong stable market lol

How much is the fed spending a day buying assets? What is it now 380 million?

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Still a long way to go, but the S&P is up 15% from the June low. Happier than ever I didn’t capitulate and try to time the market.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Still a long way to go, but the S&P is up 15% from the June low. Happier than ever I didn’t capitulate and try to time the market.

Glad its on the upswing but wondering how long this run will last.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I personally see no fundamentals whatsoever... to support enthusiasm.

Good luck to those that disagree with my opinion.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Good luck to those that disagree with my opinion.

all based on speculation. The market has not priced out yet. Still predict at least another 20 per cent drop.

Hoping to jump back into real-estate next year

Last edited by ribka; 08/10/22.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Pretty classic up and down at the start of a recession. By 2023, we'll begin to see the drag downward again. There's some deals right now, there will be more in a few more quarters.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The CPI is coming out in 30 min. I see that housing is supposedly up around only 5.6 per cent this year.

Its amazing how they manipulate these numbers.

Everyone go back in the water the shark is gone lol

watch the algorithms from the large traders.

Ill take some short term gains

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Group of analysts from UBS and CITI are predicting we’re coming up off of the bottom and that another.75% bump up in rates is very unlikely.

We’ll see soon enough I reckon.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Meanwhile the Chinese real estate market is imploding.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Irrational exuberance?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ribka
another major correction is coming this fall. 30 to 40 per cent

one ok day in the market doesn't matter

Interesting. Based on what fundamentals?

True, but a few ok days in the market are better than attempting to time the market, and missing those days. However, people are free to make their own investment decisions.

Last edited by dale06; 08/10/22.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Group of analysts from UBS and CITI are predicting we’re coming up off of the bottom and that another.75% bump up in rates is very unlikely.

We’ll see soon enough I reckon.

Irrational ignorance

I’ll pick up more energy on drops. Due for a nice rise this winter once dementia jo stops emptying our strategic reserves

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Irrational exuberance?

Desperation... moreover... I would call it.

MANY MANY people/investors have ONLY a "Plan A"...

That "Plan A" is to do the one thing they have ALWAYS DONE... i.e. invest in "the market"

(Few actually understand "the market" in which they have placed a lifetime of faith/work/HOPE... (admittedly... nor do I understand "the market").)

And watch it go up... and down... and gyrate around based on past historical models that say "all is well"... and all will come back.

The lack of faith in fundamentals that I no longer have/trust is based on the magnitudes of the LIES in 2021/22 and the sheer hopelessness I see in people...

Albeit zombie workers/people with actual trust/honor in nothing... or simply a desperate Prayer that "Plan A" works out, because there is no "Plan B".

Again... Good luck to those that disagree with my opinion.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought some tech stocks in June on lows I’m selling soon. Decent returns. Long term now no way

Originally Posted by dale06

Interesting. Based on what fundamentals?

True, but a few ok days in the market are better than attempting to time the market, and missing those days. However, people are free to make their own investment decisions.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Irrational exuberance?

Desperation... moreover... I would call it.

MANY MANY people/investors have ONLY a "Plan A"...

That "Plan A" is to do the one thing they have ALWAYS DONE... i.e. invest in "the market"

(Few actually understand "the market" in which they have placed a lifetime of faith/work/HOPE... (admittedly... nor do I understand "the market").)

And watch it go up... and down... and gyrate around based on past historical models that say "all is well"... and all will come back.

The lack of faith in fundamentals that I no longer have/trust is based on the magnitudes of the LIES in 2021/22 and the sheer hopelessness I see in people...

Albeit zombie workers/people with actual trust/honor in nothing... or simply a desperate Prayer that "Plan A" works out, because there is no "Plan B".

Again... Good luck to those that disagree with my opinion.

Mr. Market is a manic/depressive. The fundamental guys will know what I am referring to and will take advantage of it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Mr. Market is a manic/depressive. The fundamental guys will know what I am referring to and will take advantage of it.

Did I not wish you the best of luck in your pursuits?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Did I not wish you the best of luck in your pursuits?

What part of my post is in conflict with what you posted?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
647 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 73 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.