Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
IF the US Govt "re-instates" The Draft, here is who "I think" should be first on the list:

ANY eligible Descendants of those who Dodged the Draft back in the day. Start with those that Jimmy Carter 'so called pardoned" and the ones who bragged about dodging the draft i.e Bruce Springsteen and his ilk. Male or female, send them their letter and put them in jail if they don't comply. Yeah, I'm just thinking pout loud as we all know how far that will get in Congress! lol

A goodly number of OK folks "dodged" the draft, Student Exemptions and such, near the end of the Vietnam war. It was pretty evident the last couple of years of that deal that the politicians had no intention of letting the military do their job and win the conflict.

I guess you would have the Gooberment conscript folks and have them blindly follow orders that might lead to their demise, or that of their comrades in arms, for no reason other than political ideologies that don't necessarily mesh with the majority of the Citizenry?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The sniveling cowards who lack the manhood to defend their own freedom don't deserve the benefits of living in the best country in the world, regardless of their political affiliation or social status. That might be a good reason we haven't won a war since 1945.
Are you saying the men who fought and died in America;s wars since then are at fault?

WTF is wrong with you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The sniveling cowards who lack the manhood to defend their own freedom don't deserve the benefits of living in the best country in the world, regardless of their political affiliation or social status. That might be a good reason we haven't won a war since 1945.
Are you saying the men who fought and died in America;s wars since then are at fault?

WTF is wrong with you?
Yeah, that's kind of what he's saying.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
They won't reinstate the draft beause that would start a rebellion, which it danged near did in the 1960s.

Remember when LBJ won by the largest landslide in history in 1964 but was hounded out of office by 1968? Viet Nam had little to do with defending our country. It had a lot to do with covering up LBJ's mistakes. Without the draft it might have ended sooner. In the end we just cut and ran.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Few in the country today are willing to serve the country in any capacity and this is why it will never happen. True patriots are few and far between. Lip service is easy; real service more difficult If one is unwilling to give time to the nation, they have no right to ask anything of the nation. Those who were drafted back in the '60's, whether or not they went to war, sacrificed something for the nation and had a stake from that time forward. GD

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Jcubed
So, you want to lose? Why not just surrender?
Schidt tubs need burned...kp needs done...laundry needs washed...grease traps need cleaned, plenty of menial work needs done in the modern army, freeing up motivated soldiers for tasks requiring some skill and intelligence.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
Few in the country today are willing to serve the country in any capacity and this is why it will never happen. True patriots are few and far between. Lip service is easy; real service more difficult If one is unwilling to give time to the nation, they have no right to ask anything of the nation. Those who were drafted back in the '60's, whether or not they went to war, sacrificed something for the nation and had a stake from that time forward. GD
This isnt the America I grew up in my friend. Let me ask you this. How many wars since vietnam would you have been interested in fighting? I would have after 9/11 and only the first war. Iraq should have never happened. Everything this nation touches turns to chit. We are as corrupt if not more so than most nations in this world. Half our nation wants us to be locked up for our political beliefs. Sad to say, but the American experiment is coming to an end

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There will always be those physically unfit to serve. There will always be those who can buy a doctor to say they are not fit. There will also be those who despite their physical limitation can and do serve. I met plenty of the latter in the four years I gave back in the 60s. No way in hell would I have trusted MOST of the people I served with to get it together when it was necessary. Almost all of the officers I met in those 4 years had less idea of what a weapon was for and how to use it, than the average 60's girl, much less any clue at all which of the people they commanded did.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MILES58
There will always be those physically unfit to serve. There will always be those who can buy a doctor to say they are not fit. There will also be those who despite their physical limitation can and do serve. I met plenty of the latter in the four years I gave back in the 60s. No way in hell would I have trusted MOST of the people I served with to get it together when it was necessary. Almost all of the officers I met in those 4 years had less idea of what a weapon was for and how to use it, than the average 60's girl, much less any clue at all which of the people they commanded did.

You didn't get paid?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by Jcubed
So, you want to lose? Why not just surrender?
Schidt tubs need burned...kp needs done...laundry needs washed...grease traps need cleaned, plenty of menial work needs done in the modern army, freeing up motivated soldiers for tasks requiring some skill and intelligence.
Sad to say that the ones some of these folks are calling for to be drafted.......

Don't have the skill to peel a potato for KP duty.

You and I likely would not want to wear any clothes they laundered.

Burn the schiedt tub? Jeebus, likely to burn down the whole camp while they're at it.

And they would have to be guided, hand in hand, to find out what and where a grease trap might be located, and then have to guided to the next, hand in hand to the next one as they'd likely have conveniently forgotten the first experience.

Some folks need to be kept on the sidelines as waterboys and towel throwers. Others just need to work the concession stand. Still others just need to sit in the stands and cheer if they should think about it.

In it is contentment

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I think they should draft all of Chicago,they already trained,put them right on the front line

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Vietnam War was founded on a lie, The Tonkin Gulf Resolution. The dinks didn't really attack our warship. And it was founded on the Domino Theory, which also turned out to be BS.

George Bush had political pull, his Daddy was a powerful politician. Yes he flew fighter jets during the war, flew in the United States in the Air Guard. George never saw the smoke trail of a Commie SAM missle. Bush was a draft dodger. Dan Quayle, VP under Daddy Bush, had political pull, got in the Indiana National Guard. He stayed 6,000 miles away from 'Nam. Quayle was a draft dodger.

Cheney got about five college deferments, so he dodged the draft as well.
Rush Limbaugh was prime to be sent to the Vietnam War. Flunked out of college after 2 quarters. His daddy was a powerful lawyer in small town Missouri, got a friendly doc to declare him 4-F because Rush had a polynoidal cyst. A boil on his butt. Daddy Limbaugh had some "pull" with the local draft board. Rush was a draft dodger.

But I sure remember Rush banging the war drums for the Iraq War. His in-house band did a knockoff of the Beach Boys "Barbara Ann."
"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iraq..., Oh, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iraq..."
Rush thought the war was funny.

After 9/11, Bush and Cheney lied through their teeth to start the Iraq War. Another misbegotten war, that did more harm than good. None of Bush or Cheney's children fought in that war.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
???? How many of you loud mouths have been Drafted and served in the military?? Bet it's Dam few. Rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The Vietnam War was founded on a lie, The Tonkin Gulf Resolution. The dinks didn't really attack our warship. And it was founded on the Domino Theory, which also turned out to be BS.

George Bush had political pull, his Daddy was a powerful politician. Yes he flew fighter jets during the war, flew in the United States in the Air Guard. George never saw the smoke trail of a Commie SAM missle. Bush was a draft dodger. Dan Quayle, VP under Daddy Bush, had political pull, got in the Indiana National Guard. He stayed 6,000 miles away from 'Nam. Quayle was a draft dodger.

Cheney got about five college deferments, so he dodged the draft as well.
Rush Limbaugh was prime to be sent to the Vietnam War. Flunked out of college after 2 quarters. His daddy was a powerful lawyer in small town Missouri, got a friendly doc to declare him 4-F because Rush had a polynoidal cyst. A boil on his butt. Rush was a draft dodger. Mr. Limbaugh had some "pull" with the local draft board.

But I sure remember Rush banging the war drums for the Iraq War. His in-house band did a knockoff of the Beach Boys "Barbara Ann."
"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iraq..., Oh, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iraq..."
Rush thought the war was funny.

After 9/11, Bush and Cheney lied through their teeth to start the Iraq War. Another misbegotten war, that did more harm than good. None of Bush or Cheney's children fought in that war.

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor, yeah

Black Sabbath, 1970

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7
???? How many of you loud mouths have been Drafted and served in the military?? Bet it's Dam few. Rio7

Not drafted - too young by a generation.

I did serve. My son also just got done serving. Been home a month. (Got a text today asking why he wasn't at staff duty - had to explain that he's had his 214 a month and will not be there to some dude 1500 miles away)

That said - as a volunteer, no way in hell I'd want a draft or required service. Even all volunteer - too many people who really don't want to be there and holding people up/back/bad attitudes. Last thing I'd want is to double and triple that number today. YMMV

Me

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by MILES58

You didn't get paid?

Sure we got paid. As I recall, my first month's pay was $79.00. I reached a maximum of $247.00. Since I was earning over 600 dollars a month when I was drafted, there was a considerable economic cost to my service as well. GD

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Getting rid of the draft was the beginning of the plan to polarize America.

No longer would young men of different races, creeds, education, home towns, abilities and so on be FORCED to live and work together to reach a common goal.

There was a reason we had a "greatest generation" and there is a reason we now have a bunch of self centered wimps who could not explain the "common good" under any circumstances.

How do you think some BLM or ANTIFA misfit would have done at Paris Island ?

Not to worry though. When the Chinese or the Muslims take over, it will all be fixed.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Black lesbians first, then Democrats as needed until they're all gone,...then any illegals who have been supported by American social services.

As a last resort, low information Republicans.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gays and Transwhatevers, then people with Bernie stickers on their Prius. Let the enemy waste their ammo on them before sacrificing anyone who matters.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.