24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Gays and Transwhatevers, then people with Bernie stickers on their Prius. Let the enemy waste their ammo on them before sacrificing anyone who matters.

Assumes that those types - so angry with "society" wouldn't immediately turn their arms on their "oppressors" at the first chance. NCO/Officers unlikely to be made up of those so many are quick to push into service.

Me

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Any country that has to force people to defend it, ain't with fighting for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they're working on a plane I'm expected to fly, I hope they are motivated volunteers.

1Minute
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The vast majority of americans (lower case deliberate) want the rights and privileges afforded to them by the Constitution/Bill Of Rights etc..

They also want their 1A, 2A, 5A, 19A et al without any effort to understand or defend those numbers

What they will get instead is a free x39.

Defend it... or lose it.

I am just one man, among many... this Nation was founded on that fact.

When us many... become the few... and then the gone... this nation will no longer be founded.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Some folks need to be kept on the sidelines as waterboys and towel throwers. Others just need to work the concession stand. Still others just need to sit in the stands and cheer if they should think about it.

I agree 100%. During my 27+ year Army career I met or worked with alot of people who were liabilities. We need more motivated and dependable assets.

Medics bury their mistakes..
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by joken2
[quote=Jim_Knight]IF the US Govt "re-instates" The Draft, here is who "I think" should be first on the list:

ANY eligible Descendants of those who Dodged the Draft back in the day. Start with those that Jimmy Carter 'so called pardoned" and the ones who bragged about dodging the draft i.e Bruce Springsteen and his ilk. Male or female, send them their letter and put them in jail if they don't comply. Yeah, I'm just thinking pout loud as we all know how far that will get in Congress! lol

In the interest of facts, might ought to instead start with Pres. Gerald Ford's "conditional amnesty/clemency" plan for draft evaders and military deserters as his actually was first:

Oops, that's who I actually meant, sorry. ha ...but I still don't like Jimmy Carter!! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After that clusterfluck of a withdrawal from Afghanistan, the demonization of white Christian soldiers by Milley and the black guy, the gay shoved down every soldiers throat, not to mention the mandated killer vaccine and boosters hell I'd help my grandkids to dodge the draft in Biden's regime.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
First call up should be the eligible family members of all politicians advocating we go to war, with no exemptions.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EdM
I was under the impression that Trump "dodged" the draft. No?

Hard to believe no one's lambasted ya for that one, Ed.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
First call up should be the eligible family members of all politicians advocating we go to war, with no exemptions.

Great. But will never happen. It’s always the toothless cowards that want wars. Look at all of the idiots on here that want a proxy war with Russia

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I understand everyone's sentiments, I really do. MY point, is there is rarely, if ever, more than 10% in the Military that are even IN "a Combat Arms Unit", much less actually ever see combat. In light of this fact I am saying there is plenty of other jobs that the average American can do IF THEY were DRAFTED. And yes, even conservatives' kids should answer the call. The real war fighting IS being done by motivated volunteers at present ( or paid mercenaries) I just don't think its an automatic death sentence or trip to the nut house when a person is drafted. Sins of the fathers?...every man has his own destiny to fulfill. Student deferments, Nat'l Guard, Reserves, etc were and are legal exemptions, never said they weren't, nor was I ever offended at those that could get them. GI showers, blanket parties, motivation platoons can get any sissy, pervert or lazy freak to get his shidt straight or ship out and go to jail. Saw plenty of them. I was a Volunteer, had orders to go to Nam, then Nixon started pulling people out. I was retrained and sent to Germany. We had so much race trouble I tried to get "levied" (transferred) to Nam to get out of there. I was told there was a 2 year waiting list to go to Nam for people like me! Only way I could go was to Re-Enlist of 3 yrs, and If I lived over Nam I would come "right back to Germany" because we were short handed, ha.

I knew we weren't trying to win in Vietnam, I didn't care. I was earning my GI Bill for education, to buy a home later on. I was poor, no money, had zero job opportunities, banks did not loan money for college, there were no school loans, you could not get INTO the guard or Reserves because of the "Senator's Sons", etc. And these pukes brag about dodging the draft. It put the rest of us "undesirables" in a bad spot...so, as far "as I am concerned", draft the McNamara's Moron's for the everyday crap, to fill the ranks, and pay extra for volunteer war fighters, problem solved. ha ha

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 08/10/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ribka
Look at all of the idiots on here that want a proxy war with Russia

You are not wrong...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A couple of my great uncles were drafted in WWII. They both told me that they had friends that had well off families and none of them were drafted. When they came back from the war, their friends that didnt go would tell "war stories" trying to fit in with the guys that did go.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by EdM
I was under the impression that Trump "dodged" the draft. No?

Hard to believe no one's lambasted ya for that one, Ed.

I am stunned... Ship Barron off when of age.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm not in favor of giving our current government the power to walk my dog.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Morewood
After that clusterfluck of a withdrawal from Afghanistan, the demonization of white Christian soldiers by Milley and the black guy, the gay shoved down every soldiers throat, not to mention the mandated killer vaccine and boosters hell I'd help my grandkids to dodge the draft in Biden's regime.

Same here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Morewood

Yep. Can’t imagine anyone wanting to serve under the Banana Republic Regime.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This 'leaked' Selective Service, "Channeling Memo", caused quite a 'stink' and ultimately led to all volunteer service...

The "Channeling" Memo from the Selective Service System (1965)

Original PDF -- Selective Service Channeling Memo

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jim,

Read those numbers. Was there ever a time you could put a roof over your head and food on the table for yourself alone on $79/month? Much less transportation, anything to do in your spare time, clothes (you don't wear a uniform 24/7). This for a job where you have to be constantly on the lookout for all the idiots you're surrounded by. Some of whom do not even speak English. Led by officers who have no idea at all what you do other than it's important enough to get their tit in a wringer if you don't do that job well. Catch-22 is a real life true story. Some of us have lived it.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
310 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 308Palma, 1beaver_shooter, 42 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.