Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Razz Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
2016 F250 6.7 just turned 100,000. A friend just has his 2015 deleted and seems happy with it. The DEF heater went out on mine at 80k, had it replaced and then found out Ford has a service bulletin on it and contacted them. They cut me a check for the job. Truck is in great shape and plan on keeping it, when the time comes it would be sold private party vs trading in.
Pro’s / Con’s and if you have had it done, what tuner do you use/like?

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
GB2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I understood deleting a Deisel was illegal now.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I dont know anybody that regretted having it done. Still a few shops around here that will do it. They sure as hell don't advertise it though.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Depends on where you live.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The shops around here that do it even have their own parts made locally. The Feds have been hunting up customers from the parts suppliers.

One option is to take to Canada, where such modifications are legal to make so far.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Live in rural eastern Oregon here. It's not California so we don't do inspections. Had my 350 bullet proofed. Mileage is the same, but it goes up hills 1 gear higher. I think such would be a resale plus.

1Minute
Razz Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Im prob on some watch list now for askin..

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Idling is the "death-blow" to EGR/DPF/DEF equipped diesels and short "grocery/parts-run" trips are a close 2nd. I'm @ 204K on my '11 6.7L Ford, bone-stock. Ford replaced my original EFG valve under extended warrantee @ ~100-110K and I had an DEF heater done @ 180ish K Mi.

If you're doing a lot of idling I think there's a "high-idle" thingamabob that'll allow it to re-gen and keep stuff "cleaner" and help you avoid stockpiling soot in the exhaust system.

FWIW, I've got 4950hrs on my motor to get to 204K Mi. Buddy who manages a fleet of HD pickups for a local business says that most of theirs are closer to 5K hrs/100K Mi because they idle them a lot. They also see more exhaust gremlins than I've experienced as a result.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do it but keep any old parts. This is how a few guys I know have done.

A pard actually deleted a 16 Ram and dealer wanted it back 2 years ago. He told em it was deleted and he had old parts, they said bring it in and let's trade.

Deleting may actually make it harder to get rid of even if you plan on a private sale.

Gives new buyer the option to stick everything back on and doesn't paint you in a corner when that day comes.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It typically isn’t as easy as just reinstalling the old parts. My understanding is all sorts of stuff gets screwed up when deleting that needs to be remedied before the old stuff works right. Passages get clogged, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K1500
It typically isn’t as easy as just reinstalling the old parts. My understanding is all sorts of stuff gets screwed up when deleting that needs to be remedied before the old stuff works right. Passages get clogged, etc.
Could be but the Ram dealer didn't seem to have issues with trading for a deleted truck as long as he had the old parts.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't. My buddy got pulled over by a Texas DPS Officer near my house with his deleted 6.4 Powerstroke and fined a big number plus DPS was trying to get him to turn the shop in that did the work.

My 6.7 is 10 months old, and given resale values and the mileage I drive, I hoped to trade it at 12 months to avoid emissions problems but can't find a new truck at a price I'm willing to pay. So, I guess I'll go another 3-4 years and take it to 250,000. From the research I've done, low idle time and lots of highway driving should help with reliability. If I were idling ranch roads all the time and / or driving around town, I would trade mine for a 7.3 gas Ford or probably 6.4 Dodge, because I can still find a reasonably priced new Dodge. I'm heavy highway mileage so hoping mine holds up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why are grown men telling other grown men what not to do with their truck?

Delete that bitch

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by horse1
Idling is the "death-blow" to EGR/DPF/DEF equipped diesels and short "grocery/parts-run" trips are a close 2nd. I'm @ 204K on my '11 6.7L Ford, bone-stock. Ford replaced my original EFG valve under extended warrantee @ ~100-110K and I had an DEF heater done @ 180ish K Mi.

If you're doing a lot of idling I think there's a "high-idle" thingamabob that'll allow it to re-gen and keep stuff "cleaner" and help you avoid stockpiling soot in the exhaust system.

FWIW, I've got 4950hrs on my motor to get to 204K Mi. Buddy who manages a fleet of HD pickups for a local business says that most of theirs are closer to 5K hrs/100K Mi because they idle them a lot. They also see more exhaust gremlins than I've experienced as a result.

This nailed it. Diesels are made to run and pull. I had a fleet of diesel one tons and left them all stock....I figured that the manufacturers engineers may know a bit more about the dynamics of these systems than I ever will.

RAVENS & WOLVES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserfan
Originally Posted by horse1

This nailed it. Diesels are made to run and pull. I had a fleet of diesel one tons and left them all stock....I figured that the manufacturers engineers may know a bit more about the dynamics of these systems than I ever will.
The engineering of the 6.0 Ford says different.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Why are grown men telling other grown men what not to do with their truck?

Delete that bitch

Because he asked for advice/opinions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a video recently about a guy in NJ who tried to sell his deleted
truck on Marketplace.

The State sent the Gestapo after him.
He can't sell it, can't drive it, supposedly it would cost more to restore than its worth. He is going to scrap it.

Just a video, may not be true.
You aren't in NJ,
aren't talking sale,
May not advertise when you do.

But it's not hard to imagine all of that taking place,
and the Feds could get involved in areas that wouldn't normally care about such stuff.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would advise you to do it - makes a gargantuan difference in power, reliability and mileage but don't talk about it on an open forum. The feds are trolling and busting everyone they possibly can, while hitting them with huge fines. Many, if not all, of the diesel forums will no longer allow any talk about about the "D" word.

Though no new "D" talk is allowed, most of the diesel forums have archived such threads, so it's relatively easy to find everything you need to know.

Last edited by High_Noon; 08/15/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't. My buddy got pulled over by a Texas DPS Officer near my house with his deleted 6.4 Powerstroke and fined a big number plus DPS was trying to get him to turn the shop in that did the work.

My 6.7 is 10 months old, and given resale values and the mileage I drive, I hoped to trade it at 12 months to avoid emissions problems but can't find a new truck at a price I'm willing to pay. So, I guess I'll go another 3-4 years and take it to 250,000. From the research I've done, low idle time and lots of highway driving should help with reliability. If I were idling ranch roads all the time and / or driving around town, I would trade mine for a 7.3 gas Ford or probably 6.4 Dodge, because I can still find a reasonably priced new Dodge. I'm heavy highway mileage so hoping mine holds up.

You should be good. Have a friend that has a 15 and it is used pretty much exclusively for hauling a 34' Featherweight horse trailer so mostly highway hauling miles. She has not had one mechanical issue. She doesn't run any additives in her oil or fuel, but is a little picky about DEF.

Last edited by smarquez; 10/06/22.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
226 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,859 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,793
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.