Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Maybe different parts of the bank operate differently.

Different parts of the country operate differently.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My daughter is a VP at JPMorgan Chase in NYC in charge of following the Federal Accounting Rules group, I will ask her about this.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Have her call or contact me anytime. This has us in shock.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
War is coming.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long-term Chase customer here and I am currently moving ALL my accounts to a local credit union.

Screw the big banks. You all saw what Trudeau did in Canada with the banks and peaceful protesters.
It's coming here.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Morewood
Long-term Chase customer here and I am currently moving ALL my accounts to a local credit union.

Screw the big banks. You all saw what Trudeau did in Canada with the banks and peaceful protesters.
It's coming here.
We all need to do this! Enough!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
About 20 or so years ago I needed $3,000 in a hurry. Went to my bank to get the money on my credit dard. Wells Fargo bank and it was their card. They asked me what was the amount of my last payment. I couldn't remember so they wouldn't give me the cash. I'd financed three vehicles through them, never was late on any payment and that pull this. Not only did it get loud, it got very nasty. I closed all account then and there and transferred the to a credit union and have beey extremely happy ever since. The only business I've ever done with Chase is when I financed my 2015 Ford F150 Paid that loan off in 1.25 years. Totaled that truck and they financed that one. When the payment slips came in I paid it off in full. Chase charged me $150. Guess that was the interest for that month. I love my credit union.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by papalondog
Originally Posted by Morewood

It's coming here.
We all need to do this! Enough!

People are slowly learning this.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I hope they didn't talk you into giving them any account numbers or personal info to the number they listed for you to call. Scammers lie almost as bad as democrats!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I get scam texts and emails all the time... locking my bank account, amazon account, paypal, ebay, ect... Half the chit I don't have an account at and the ones they guessed right on I know aren't locked. All official looking with a link to respond to, I delete them as fast as I get them.

Not sure that's the case here but I would only respond to someone in the branch office.

Kent

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
^^^^^^^what he said. I'd be highly suspicious like he said. A bank wanting to close an account for no reason, no history of late payments, or anything. Sounds like a fishing expedition to me.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Anxiously awaiting word from Sako76

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Was with Chase over 20 years, Screw them, left 3 years ago!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by krp
I get scam texts and emails all the time... locking my bank account, amazon account, paypal, ebay, ect... Half the chit I don't have an account at and the ones they guessed right on I know aren't locked. All official looking with a link to respond to, I delete them as fast as I get them.

Not sure that's the case here but I would only respond to someone in the branch office.

Kent

The scammers cast a big net. They only need a few to hit a home run.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Fug em

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went the Credit Union route in 1988, no regrets...only gratitude.

The big banks are clearly not your friend. Has only become more obvious with every passing year.

I walked into my CU a few weeks back, said I wanted $5,000 cash because I was headed to a gun show without my wife!

Teller got all excited and wished me luck in finding what I wanted, lol.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ditched the big bucks more than 10 years ago. Why anyone would expose themselves to the shenanigans that an outfit like Wells Fargo has pulled, I cannot fathom. BofA, Chase, ditto.

My personal account is with a credit union, business accounts with a small regional bank. I get good, personalized service.

I will say: even though credit unions and small regional banks aren’t as bad as the mega banks, none of them have your best interest at heart. They are in it for your money.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dutch
I ditched the big bucks more than 10 years ago. Why anyone would expose themselves to the shenanigans that an outfit like Wells Fargo has pulled, I cannot fathom. BofA, Chase, ditto.

My personal account is with a credit union, business accounts with a small regional bank. I get good, personalized service.

I will say: even though credit unions and small regional banks aren’t as bad as the mega banks, none of them have your best interest at heart. They are in it for your money.

This. Don’t take it personally. You’re literally just a number with them. They will do no more or less than they are obligated to do. Use their services as necessary but don’t expect more. It’s just business.

Last edited by WMR; 08/10/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have accounts all over. I primarily use Wells Fargo because of the app and the bank is 3 minutes from my house. I am friends with the manager too

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Scam was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
119 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,359 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,851
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.