Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, it is a Massey Ferguson diesel.

Ford 9N, 8N, nor 2N did not come in diesel. Ford grills have vertical slats. Ferguson grills have horizontal slats. The clutch pedal is also a dead give-away.
Ferguson TO 35
[Linked Image from ]

Ford 8N

[Linked Image from tractordata.com]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GrandDad used to have an old Farmall Diesel Tractor.
You had to start it on gasoline, then switch over to diesel.
Anyone remember those ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Here's me last winter,...or maybe the winter before last.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That has been me, more winters than I can remember since about 1966. A mile of snow to plow before you hit a county road.

Until recently. Upgraded to a John Deere 4020 (96 HP) with an IH 8 foot hydraulic adjustable blade. The new blade just might weigh as much as the old Ford.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Anyone remember those ?
We had a couple John Deere tractors in the family which I am sure started on gasoline. And my Uncles IH TD9 crawler started on gasoline also. It is still in use today with a Holt dozer clearing snow on the feed grounds in the winter and pulling a disc plow in summer.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
America was built on 2WD :-)

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Anyone remember those ?
We had a couple John Deere tractors in the family which I am sure started on gasoline. And my Uncles IH TD9 crawler started on gasoline also. It is still in use today with a Holt dozer clearing snow on the feed grounds in the winter and pulling a disc plow in summer.

Yep. GrandDad’s was still running when we sold it 30 something years ago. He also had an old Farmall or Massey Ferguson that you started with a hand crank like on a Model T.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My first thought was Massey. The whole issue was smothered by the sight of the damned hay and the triggering of the memory of my undiluted hatred for baling.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That has been me, more winters than I can remember since about 1966. A mile of snow to plow before you hit a county road.

Until recently. Upgraded to a John Deere 4020 (96 HP) with an IH 8 foot hydraulic adjustable blade. The new blade just might weigh as much as the old Ford.

My wife took that picture and it made me look so much like my Grandfather that my brother did an aging process on it on his computer. My Grandfather had an 8N also.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Many people know,..but the reason the early Massie Fergusons and the early Fords look so much alike is because Ford and Harry Ferguson were business partners before Ferguson went out on his own.

Harry Ferguson designed the three point hitch that Ford used,...and is still used today.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Just for the fun of it. This photo was in our paper today, taken yesterday. This old boy has been farming that same patch with the same tractor and equipment for 35 years.

[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]
RC, would that, by any chance be the Twin Falls sugar factory in the background?

Irrigated ground? 2'nd cutting is surprisingly heavy to those used to dryland farming.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Long sleeves, a scotty vest

Knee high rubbers

And catching alla tractor heat too lol

He on blood thinners or something?? Sheesh

Tell me it’s 50 degrees and I’ll understand

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Many people know,..but the reason the early Massie Fergusons and the early Fords look so much alike is because Ford and Harry Ferguson were business partners before Ferguson went out on his own.

Harry Ferguson designed the three point hitch that Ford used,...and is still used today.
Quoted as the biggest "handshake deal" in the history of business. No lawyers, no paperwork, just two men with the right ideas for the time and a gentleman's agreement.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Quoted as the biggest "handshake deal" in the history of business. No lawyers, no paperwork, just two men with the right ideas for the time and a gentleman's agreement.

How did things work out between those two gentlemen when Ferguson went out on his own?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just for the fun of it. This photo was in our paper today, taken yesterday. This old boy has been farming that same patch with the same tractor and equipment for 35 years.

RC, would that, by any chance be the Twin Falls sugar factory in the background?

Irrigated ground? 2'nd cutting is surprisingly heavy to those used to dryland farming.
I'm not sure but I think those are Amalgamated's silos. They have some that look very much like that anyway.

Dry land farming? Not here. It's irrigate or watch it blow away.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad

How did things work out between those two gentlemen when Ferguson went out on his own?

https://www.antiquepower.com/normal-blog/2015/8/3/harry-ferguson-and-the-three-point-hitch

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Ford started using the Ferguson System in '38. Ferguson introduced the TO20 in '46.

Ferguson probably used the income from Ford to build his own company.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

I'm not sure but I think those are Amalgamated's silos. They have some that look very much like that anyway.
I am not sure. I last saw them in 1982. I know the Paul factory does not have that style silos.

But I understood the area around the TF factory was more developed than that picture shows. Thus my question. And I have not found an image on Google with the proper perspective to confirm.

I do not know. Perhaps they are grain silos.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I was cutting trees and dragging them to the process area with a '52 8N today.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Lucky you. You got the best one they ever built. Previous models had the coil and distributor mounted on the bottom front of the engine (I think on the end of the cam shaft). Adjusting points, or even changing out a distributor cap is an exercise in frustration, leaving one wishing for a pet orangutan trained to wrench on motors.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...wearing this shirt.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 70 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,126
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.