BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do a little research on Boulder CO vs Champaign IL

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Essential service municipal bonds. Tax free.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Backroads
Do a little research on Boulder CO vs Champaign IL

So you're saying Lincoln, Ne is out? LOL

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
No oil and gas guys around here?

Id put a 100 k in DVN and/or mplx and at least 50 k in sblk and 100 k in intc and intc, apl and real estate, bonds , 5 per cent silver

Last edited by ribka; 08/10/22.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
May not hurt to put $50,000 as a downpayment in a nice house.

When the economic collapse hits, who will be getting paid by bankrupt lenders to work for the payments on it?

Millions in Chyna have stopped making payments on their investment properties? No one is working to collect after Evergrands collapse?

You think its not coming to America? The fughking Illuminati and Rothschilds NWO are going down.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry, i posted this for the Patriots. You swine and corksuckers ignore it, please.

Sheesh, pearls to swine. I keep forgetting. Crap.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/10/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Moderate 4 plex anywhere one was in that price range.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Buy a rental in a mountain college town. Rent it out at a grand per bedroom, then sell it in ten years for twice what you paid.
I just did that, students pay really good. Not trying to be an ass but lady students always pay on time.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Buy the 5 Highest Dividend Yielding Stocks right after the Depression..

Monkey Left the Oven Door Open

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huncho
I just did that, students pay really good. Not trying to be an ass but lady students always pay on time.

I've had numerous multiplex rentals near a college that were exclusively rented to college students.
Rent collection has never been an issue because mommy and daddy pay the bills.

Guys host parties and on occasion some do it too often and too loudly, it's just a rare few and I weed them out quickly.

It's best approached after warnings then during a active party with a call to the police. I always give the arriving officers all the information from the tenants rental agreement so they know who's who before they approach the rental unit.

It's amazing how often dumbazzed party boys have a history of their dumbazzedness and have active warrants. The police really like that, they go in to pickup the one with the warrant.

There will typically be an underage drinker or two and maybe a pot charge. That gives me reasonable cause to legally proceed with eviction. I'd never win a eviction standing before a judge looking at some cute well dressed college kid and his parents that pay his rent religiously trying to explain how their sons just noisy and disruptive.

It's harsh and rare but only fair for your other nearby tenants that are effected.

I mean what are you suppose to do when some chick you're renting to calls you in the middle of the night asking you to come escourt her to her apartment because she's afraid of the 10 guys standing out front drinking.

95% of the guys I rent to are fine, in fact I prefer to rent to guys because chick's create issues.

Very often they move their deadbeat boyfriends into the rental with them that her parents are paying for. They become her protector and any issues needing dealt with have to go through him.
Their not even on the lease yet they think they rule the roost.

I don't put up with that schit.

An easy 50% of female tenants leave their rentals absolutely filthy when they move out, guys are by far cleaner.

Chick's have cat's!
No matter how your lease is worded, they have cat's.
You never know they have cat's because they never go out, they're restricted to schitting and pizzing inside, hopefully in a litterbox and hopefully just in one room.
You smell it the instant you open the door after they move out.

After 45 years of landlording I’ve learned to rent to single chick's only out of desperation which now days happens next to never.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Cash income producing property

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Beach house or Build a bunch of rental cabins in a resort area a couple hours from an urban center, AirBnB or VRBO

Last edited by jackmountain; 08/11/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have been buying precious metals for a while now. Still buying while it’s on sale.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
$850,000 tomorrow?

The goal would be to provide monthly income while preserving the investment in it's entirety.

I know, boring.

With $850k you can buy 3 or 4 mountains in West Virginia... half a county maybe... if you look hard enough.

You like banjo music?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Buy a rental in a mountain college town. Rent it out at a grand per bedroom, then sell it in ten years for twice what you paid.

Real estate in mountain towns is limited by topography. Most availible land is allready developed.. Starting a new subdivision is not allways feasible. Don't have the option of buying a corn or hayfield to create housing on. You don't need the development expenses. Just as simple as backroads said. You buy what is very limited and make money immediately..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Fireball2
$850,000 tomorrow?

The goal would be to provide monthly income while preserving the investment in it's entirety.

I know, boring.

With $850k you can buy 3 or 4 mountains in West Virginia... half a county maybe... if you look hard enough.

You like banjo music?

For the people suggesting income property, how active are you in managing it yourselves, or do you hire a property management company for hands off?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depends on your capabilities

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Today, I’d buy rental houses and pay a company to manage the day to day. I’d probably repair them myself as needed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
99 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,370 guests, and 696 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.