Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
I was wondering if anyone ever got ripped of by a dishonest purchaser in this site or a similar one?

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Nope. I've had great luck dealing with the folks buying and selling there.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Not me (knock on wood), but I’m sure it has/does happened on occasion, just due to the shear volume of transactions.
Best learn to "read sign" as the old saying goes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not yet, got ripped off on the Ruger site for a grand total of $35, but am still careful about doing business only with established members.

Last edited by TimZ; 08/11/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
I was wondering if anyone ever got ripped of by a dishonest purchaser in this site or a similar one?

Why?

Did you buy a Challenger pistol, or a Yellow Chevy Avalanche? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimZ
Not yet, got ripped off on the Ruger site for a grand total of $35, but am still careful about doing business only with established members.

Same here. I am very cautious of new members. There are lots of GREAT folks on here.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had no issues dealing with people on forums.I just make sure they have been around for awhile and no negative history.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had many transactions through the Classifieds forum here and never a sour one. The same is true for several other forums. There are, however, individuals I will not deal with for being excessively difficult, and in a few cases because they're flamin-assed liberals...you just gotta use your gut there.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Have bought and sold quite a bit here. I only deal with longer term members. Zero issues.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Early on...

Myself and a few others.

Got Jamie 12 years and his wife 2.

Also collected the scammed items and some nice per diem from the DA (I was a witness at the trial).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Why?

LOL, What a clusterphuck That was!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've sold more stuff than bought

But never any issues

All in all most guys here are GTG

Any signs of a scammer are brought out in a post pretty fast

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N

The reason I was asking is that I dealt with a guy from Jackson Georgia who traded me an Encore 45 caliber muzzleloader barrel for my Encore 308 barrel. Mine was nearly NIB with about 50 rounds thru the bore and his was supposed to be in excellent condition. It turned out to be badly pitted inside the bore and really bad where powder was left in the breech area. He agreed to send me $100. to make up the difference but never did. I contacted the Encore Classified moderator but never got a reply. The guy gave all kinds of excuses as to why he never got around to sending the $100. Family emergency, close friend died, I'll send it out next week. He finally told me to F off. His name is Casey Mcrae BTW and goes by Trumpvoter77 on the Encore Classified site......Nimblehunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not ripped off per se, but bought a scope described as new in box that was obviously used when I got it, plus some accessories listed with it were not included.

I emailed the seller and he was "out of the country" for three weeks. Asked him to get his wife or family to send the extra items but "his reloading room was locked up so no one could get in there". I checked his past ads and PM'ed the buyers for their experiences, some said all was a-okay but some noted that what was promised wasn't what was delivered.

He posted another ad several months later and I congratulated him on his safe return in that ad, plus asked him about that NIB scope that wasn't, and asked if he ever planned to complete our transaction and send the promised accessories.

He finally sent a cheap knock off of what was promised instead of what was described.

That was several years ago and other than that one episode all my transactions on the classifieds have been very satisfactory.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Anyone needing an annuity?
LNIB

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nope. I have backed off on buying a few things as something just wasnt quite right..

Have been more impressed on just how [bleep] some people will pack something for shipping. No schits given.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I purchased two pairs of binoculars, each from a different seller and the both had issues. One obviously out of collimation and one with locking diopter adjustment that was messed up. I don't know that I was intentionally ripped off, but it should have been noticed by the seller prior to sale. I honestly think that some people just don't know enough to know if something is wrong. I've had good luck with everything else.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are you in need of an Avalache w/1 mile of cable on the winch?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Why?

Lol, Charger my friend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, in 2008 or 2009.

A fella by the name of Paul Webster got 6 or 7 of us on handgun and long gun sales. And he clipped a lot more on other gun and high-end camera forums too.
He was a professional con man and with the help of folks here (and elsewhere) and Lee County, FL law enforcement, he ended up doing some time.

I've had nothing but great experiences both buying/selling otherwise.

Paul Webster Caught story:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...caught-anti-fraud-tips-from-gunsamerica/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
224 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 25 invisible), 1,618 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,923
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.