Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
I don’t understand why a FFL holder would object. Especially if the postal clerks say it has to be.

What? Object to sending a FFL to a non-FFL? No requirement.

Who cares WHAT a postal clerk says. Never take NO as an answer from someone that doesn't have the authority to say yes.

And so the rifle doesn’t get shipped.
If an USPS clerk refuses a gun shipment here ( extremely rare) they get corrected very quickly when management gets involved.

It’s the manager here that’s the worst.
Print out a copy of their regs and ask them to show you where it says that...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
A word of caution re: the statement about ATF EZcheck. If you submit an FFL03 (C&R license) to somebody for an appropriate gun, and they run your license number through ATF EZcheck it'll bounce, and they'll tell the checker to decline the sale. It happened to me recently and the seller declined the sale. It turns out that EZcheck only applies to FFL01 licenses, and no amount of pointing that out to the seller persuaded him to reconsider.
Good point I had forgotten.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Just as there is no requirement for an FFL to send a copy of their FFL to the person shipping.

So I ask, " How does the shipper know the receiver is actually an FFL holder "? Because he said so? Ha ha ha, I don't think so Tim...

You want me to ship to you? You send a signed copy (electronic is acceptable) to me. I then go to FFL E-Z CHECK web site punch in your info and verify your license is valid and address to ship to is correct. Otherwise no can do bud...

ob

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by old_boots
Just as there is no requirement for an FFL to send a copy of their FFL to the person shipping.

So I ask, " How does the shipper know the receiver is actually an FFL holder "? Because he said so? Ha ha ha, I don't think so Tim...

You want me to ship to you? You send a signed copy (electronic is acceptable) to me. I then go to FFL E-Z CHECK web site punch in your info and verify your license is valid and address to ship to is correct. Otherwise no can do bud...

ob

I double dog dare you to show me the requirement. All they need do is provide those few numbers that you use in E-Z check and ship to that address.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I don’t understand why a FFL holder would object. Especially if the postal clerks say it has to be.

What? Object to sending a FFL to a non-FFL? No requirement.

Who cares WHAT a postal clerk says. Never take NO as an answer from someone that doesn't have the authority to say yes.

And so the rifle doesn’t get shipped.
If an USPS clerk refuses a gun shipment here ( extremely rare) they get corrected very quickly when management gets involved.

Keep making phone calls up the chain till you get to the right person. I had to do it, took 40 minutes on the phone but they called the PO and corrected the Postmaster.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

ob

So, what do you do in the case of a legitimate C&R-eligible gun that a legitimate C&R holder wishes to buy, and his FFL # bounces in the EZcheck (which it will)?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

ob

So, what do you do in the case of a legitimate C&R-eligible gun that a legitimate C&R holder wishes to buy, and his FFL # bounces in the EZcheck (which it will)?

Agreed, C&R is different.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
what I would do is call the regional ATF office and look for guidance. I've called regional offices a few times and Washington DC once...

I'm just not interested in breaking the law...

Last edited by old_boots; 08/11/22.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Also,

To be C & R eligible the firearm has to be as it left the factory.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Notice I used the term "legitimate" in my question.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Yes sir, I did notice that. Many do not know of the "as it left the factory" criteria...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
what I would do is call the regional ATF office and look for guidance. I've called regional offices a few times and Washington DC once...

I'm just not interested in breaking the law...
They did not tell you to get a FFL copy before shipping... So why are you adding hoops to be jumped through?

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I don't considerate it a hoop, I considerate it my responsibility to know where the firearm is going. I think it a good idea to 1. know the rules, and 2. know to whom I am shipping a firearm. Otherwise how would / could you possibly know if the buyer was even legally able to possess a firearm? Because he said he was a good guy... C'mon, are you playing the devils advocate?

Years ago before electronic copies of a license were allowed an FFL holder had to send via US Mail a copy of his license to a distributor or business sending him a firearm. Now why do you suppose they had to do that? To comply with federal law perhaps...

You can handle the transaction however you like and I'll do it my way.

Last edited by old_boots; 08/11/22.
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Years ago you looked up a phone number in something called the phonebook, too.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I don't considerate it a hoop, I considerate it my responsibility to know where the firearm is going. I think it a good idea to 1. know the rules, and 2. know to whom I am shipping a firearm. Otherwise how would / could you possibly know if the buyer was even legally able to possess a firearm? Because he said he was a good guy... C'mon, are you playing the devils advocate?

Years ago before electronic copies of a license were allowed an FFL holder had to send via US Mail a copy of his license to a distributor or business sending him a firearm. Now why do you suppose they had to do that? To comply with federal law perhaps...

That's ok, a lot of people enjoy being wrong, it's a badge of honor for many.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Be nice Scott.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Raferman

Be nice Scott.

Ok Brian

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Raferman

Be nice Scott.

Ok Brian
It's Dave.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Dave ain't here...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
336 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 35 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.