Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Officially at the airport station in town, 37F. Dew point got down to 28F at times, hovered around freezing for a few hours.

On the table on our back deck, where the sending unit is sitting about 4' off ground level and close to the house: 38F

Here's the kicker though. I went out to feed the chickens, noticed one of the waterers was empty and as it's supposed to go to 90F today figured I better fill it for the day. Went and turned on the hose that goes to the compost piles, which has a shut off valve on the end. Get the waterer, go over to the hose, turn the shut off, just a little stream of water coming out? Waited to see if the hose cleared any air that might have gotten in it. Nope, no hissing of air, just a tine spritzer of water. Let it run for a few minutes and it started slowly increasing in flow.

Damn hose had ice in it, on Aug 11. It runs across the lowest, therefor coldest, spot in the yard, where cold air coming off the ridge behind us settles.

I checked that garden beds, a foot and a half higher in elevation than the low spot, and even the tomatoes and peppers looked OK. The hoops are up over the bed with those in it, I've got more hoops in the shed to go over that tater bed, and the greenhouse plastic will be going up this evening.

Frozen hose before mid August. That's only about 2 months since our last frost.

Any of you folks up north get cold this morning?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
58-60

I'm ready for 48-50

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
59° this morning, which is about average this time of year here. We may tickle the upper 40s tomorrow morning, which would be the first time since May.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
78 last couple of days

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Officially at the airport station in town, 37F. Dew point got down to 28F at times, hovered around freezing for a few hours.

On the table on our back deck, where the sending unit is sitting about 4' off ground level and close to the house: 38F

Here's the kicker though. I went out to feed the chickens, noticed one of the waterers was empty and as it's supposed to go to 90F today figured I better fill it for the day. Went and turned on the hose that goes to the compost piles, which has a shut off valve on the end. Get the waterer, go over to the hose, turn the shut off, just a little stream of water coming out? Waited to see if the hose cleared any air that might have gotten in it. Nope, no hissing of air, just a tine spritzer of water. Let it run for a few minutes and it started slowly increasing in flow.

Damn hose had ice in it, on Aug 11. It runs across the lowest, therefor coldest, spot in the yard, where cold air coming off the ridge behind us settles.

I checked that garden beds, a foot and a half higher in elevation than the low spot, and even the tomatoes and peppers looked OK. The hoops are up over the bed with those in it, I've got more hoops in the shed to go over that tater bed, and the greenhouse plastic will be going up this evening.

WTF

do you live under Mt Rainier ?? Where is all this cold air from?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
65 this morning at daybreak.
I could go for a few high mountain mornings.
It's only an hour or two away but, alas my nuts need shaking.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
84 at 6:00 this morning. lol

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
8*C here this AM, Geno !!

Lots of fog, on the drive to work.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
sebenty

FJB & FJT
F
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F
59 by the Delta.

Been Camping at Blue Lake in Warners during August deer scouting X3B and got light snow flurries.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not cold.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Snow cover on the highway about 120 miles north of us early this week. 39 yesterday morning. Fall is here. Ferns dying. Leaves turning a bit and falling. Fall smells. Termination dust. when not raining rivers are low and glaciers have stopped melting. Geese and cranes moving south already.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
75. Up to 95. Cooled a little bit, was 100 every day for 6 weeks

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Valsdad

WTF

do you live under Mt Rainier ?? Where is all this cold air from?

It's the Intermountain "Out West" dude.

Lakeview OR, an hour or so up the road got down to 34F officially.

Beautiful cloudless sky last night, big ol' moon. Nothing to keep any heat in.

The ridge behind out place is 5700'+ in elevation. Lakeview is at the base of the Warner Mountains, which up there near the town are over 6000'. Cold air settles off these ridges and hills and we get cold here. Remember that pic I sent you a couple of weeks ago, the blue barrel which the wind had blown into our seasonal creek? I can walk down in that creek in the evening and feel the cold air draining off the hills.

I'm guessing, if they get the forecast right today, we'll have a 55 degree swing from this morning's low to the afternoon high. Not unusual this time of year, other than that ice in the hose!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’d move

Didnt read alla that either

lol

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
67 this morning.

Carpe' Scrotum
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Remind me in a few months that I was bitching about the heat. 74F inside before starting the swamp cooler. 73 now.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.