24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not a prolific poster at 24 HC though I do log on and read multiple times a day. Lots of knowledge and experience here for all things shooting and hunting. Lots of entertainment too lol. I have sold a few things and traded a few things. I have bought optics, clothing, ammo, and I think 7 maybe 8 rifles to date. I have had no issues.

BP-B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I have bought and sold several things here over the past few years without any issues.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
I swear to God ..
If some one came on here that joined 3 days ago had 30 to 50 post randomly on threads.

And was selling a buffalo bob and howdy doody cap gun set Lnib
for a thousand bucks and only took paypal f&f, zelle, or venmo for payment and a email for contact via Pm or even listed on the ad.

Their would be a thread 4 days later up here about no contact, no shipping#, and do you guys think I mighta got ripped off....

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄

Hahahahahaha

Wabigoon would get screwed

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought a Tikka from Shortactionsmoker, he claimed half inch groups, best I could do was .6”, the liar.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
I'm not a prolific poster at 24 HC though I do log on and read multiple times a day. Lots of knowledge and experience here for all things shooting and hunting. Lots of entertainment too lol. I have sold a few things and traded a few things. I have bought optics, clothing, ammo, and I think 7 maybe 8 rifles to date. I have had no issues.

Nobody's gonna mess with you with that avatar!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope. Two of the best deals I got on the classifieds were with new low/count members.

1) Unprimed new cases. 100 WW 250 Savage, 100 Remington .257 Roberts and 4 50 piece bags of 7x57mm.

2) Leupold 1.5-4x20 scope

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ripped off? Nope. A couple of screw-ups though that I had a part of. I bought a couple of items, changed directions and resold, to find out they weren't quite right. One Remington 700 barrel was 22" not 24" and one bipod was determined to be fake. I ate it on both. The Montana guy that sold the 22" barrel to me as 24" acted like a professional seller saying it was beyond the return period. I don't recall ever inspecting it, my bad. I crossed him off my Christmas list just for being a dick. Turns out he really was a storefront, runs a pawnshop or such. The other guy is ok. He and I both weren't familiar with the bipod model and just figured it was as they are. I know from other dealings with him he's no scammer or cheat.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I don’t do a lot of buying and selling on here. Years (15?) ago I bought a 180 prefix Mini-14 stock from a member in California but not through the classifieds. He sent it before he got payment, then sent me some more Mini-14 stuff gratis. I’ve sold,sent or given stuff to members a few times, never a bad experience.

I have bought Danny’s maple syrup, though I’d prefer to go get some in person when I’m up home. Maybe next trip.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope.

And never once in 200+ transactions on Africahunting.com and Accuratereloading.com.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had one a few years back on another forum. Didn't get ripped off per se, but the item was definitely not represented accurately. I was needing a 410 shotgun press and found an 'as new' MEC 600 JR proffered at a reasonable price. It turns up and its obviously one the dude found at some yard sale. It didn't have the bottles, and was missing a few other things that it should have had and was certainly well 'loved' by whoever had it previously! The seller was in pretty tight with the two guys running the board so my public thrashing of the guy got me kicked in the nutz by the site mods. I bought the missing parts from MEC, fixed up the press and then never used it. About then a local guy got laid off and was selling a brand new Grabber in 410 for about 50% of new so I bought that instead and sold the 600.

I've bought and sold hundreds of things on various boards through the years. I'm both cautious and lucky. If it's any more than about $100, I insist on speaking with the seller. A few times my spidey senses have tingled when it's obvious the seller wasn't on the up and up. The others seem to just refuse to talk when it's a scam. I also don't use Zelle, Venmo, or other similiar BS - pretty much guarantee that's fraud if they won't take any other form of payment.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. In fact…everyone I’ve done business with on the Classifieds here…I’ve considered it a pleasure to do business with em’.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lots of transactions, both buying and selling....no issues.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bought a couple nice rifles on here, saved some money, both are sub inch rifles!

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
My point is just be cautious if dealing with Casey Mcrae from Jackson Ga. Mcrae.caseyicloud.com.....He ripped me off and would probably do the same to others also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not the first problem here. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
My point is just be cautious if dealing with Casey Mcrae from Jackson Ga. [email protected] ripped me off and would probably do the same to others also.

Ice down a 12 pack and head that way

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't done that much here, but every transaction has been on the "up-and-up"......so far!

I'll attempt "deals" that don't require very much money to change hands.

BTW! All the deals I've done on this site WERE NOT in the "classified" section.
Just guys yakking about stuff they want to get rid of or would like to have.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
My point is just be cautious if dealing with Casey Mcrae from Jackson Ga. [email protected] ripped me off and would probably do the same to others also.

Yea, we got it dude. Go kick the mf'ers ass and quit whining about it.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I've ot bought or sold on this forum, but I have bought and sold plenty on other forums. Always worked out well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I recently sold a pile of reloading supplies and took in about 60 personal checks.
I shipped all the items as soon as the check arrived and did not wait for them to clear.
One check bounced, but when I contacted the guy, he promptly sent a money order to cover it.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
147 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.