Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17505162 08/11/22
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Question - I've not owned a vehicle with seat covers in a long time. Last one was an 88 Chev with the old school horse blanket style cover (bench seat) and that was because the OEM interior was wrecked - mid 90's or so, it's been a minute.

New vehicle - wouldn't a seat cover simply rub on the seat and wreck it anyway? I get protecting from stains etc but I'm thinking of leather or fabric damage.

Make sense to put seat covers on a new seat or save them for when the new seat isn't so new and needs sprucing up?

Me

BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I put seat covers in my leased truck to protect the seats from my dog.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Teal;
Good afternoon my friend, I hope the day is treating you well so far.

When I was working for the auto dealer a few years back, we sold a couple different higher end seat covers - sorry the brands totally escape me as I type this - but back then I want to say it was close to $500 CDN for a full set, but they were made for that year and model of truck.

We'd see the folks who had pets or dirtier jobs put them in sometimes in leased rigs, as AJ300MAG mentioned.

There were a few trucks brought in on trade that had seat covers too, but not more than a handful so that sample is admittedly small. That said Teal, I don't recall the seat covers causing any issues on those rigs.

Again we should note that the material used on some of the seat covers was much tougher than some of the others, but that went for the materials used on the seat fabric as well truly.

My semi-educated guess having been in that line of work for a wee bit is that the cover would not cause extra damage and actually should or at least could save the seats from either pets or wallet chain wear for instance.

If someone with more experience than I've had contradicts my memory, by all means go with their thoughts, but that's as I recall it on a hot afternoon.

All the best and hopefully that was useful.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Put quality seat covers on now and your seats will look like new when you sell. Put over 200000 miles on my last leather seats ( covered in wet okole's) o fading, cracking or tears. Made my initial investment back in spades. Any good covers have a backing on them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Like dating a super model and saving her for the next guy.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I order a premium Neoprene from these guys for most work stuff... $280 less some web coupon code or whatever.

The cheaper Neoprene is almost as good so far...

I am kinda hard on stuff... Neoprene holds up well, but can get warm in the summer.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Cheesy

What Cheesy said

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In my case, all I was saving were vinyl seats in my 1 ton.

I put the Marathons on for me. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wet Okole covers have had my attention since they came out, seem like they fit really well, But have never had any.

It don't cost nothin to look.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

In my case, all I was saving were vinyl seats in my 1 ton.

I put the Marathons on for me. wink

I’m cool with upgrading.

Just can’t wrap my mind around putting them on to keep the factory cloth nice.

Wife’s grandpa buys a new Chevy 1/2 ton every other year. Will not remove any of the protective film or warning stickers and such on the dash or accessories. To get top trade in on it. Then he never drives it, but instead drives one of his dozen or so other trucks that have 300k miles each on them, and none other are 100% functional.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had neoprene seat covers in a jeep to keep the water off when the top was down and avoid that nasty wet seat odor. They were a little warm but not bad. Unless it’s a lease and dog hair concerns I can’t see seat covers. I’d rather spend a buck or two vacuuming it out as needed. Weathertech floor liners and call it a day IMO.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Apparently some of you have cleaner jobs than me, I don't sit on my furniture in my work clothes either. But I can't change every time I leave a jobsite. Nothing nicer than an expensive vehicle with 13 kinds of adhesive, 45 colors of caulk and a few globs of mortar in it. And in the case of my new truck, the seat covers look and feel way nicer than the factory seats.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Marathons on their way here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seat covers are a pain in the butt, until your dog rolls in something dead and jumps in the truck before you catch on…..

Not a fan of the cheap neoprenes. My current set is a heavy duty nylon something for other and is holding up well.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another vote for Marathon. USA made. Custom patterns too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Question - I've not owned a vehicle with seat covers in a long time. Last one was an 88 Chev with the old school horse blanket style cover (bench seat) and that was because the OEM interior was wrecked - mid 90's or so, it's been a minute.

New vehicle - wouldn't a seat cover simply rub on the seat and wreck it anyway? I get protecting from stains etc but I'm thinking of leather or fabric damage.

Make sense to put seat covers on a new seat or save them for when the new seat isn't so new and needs sprucing up?

What the hell is wrong with you?
We know the industry you work in.
And you have the stones to start a "Seat Cover" thread.
About covering car seats.

You owe us pictures of seat covers.
The fun ones.
Something along these lines, but looking down.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free picture upload

Only good ones I've used were Marathon. Wore like iron, for great.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Lol. I deserve that.

It's not so much "keeping her nice for the next guy" but keeping it nice for me as long as I can. Just thinking that the 2 rubbing against one another constantly might prematurely wreck what's basically new leather/fabric.

Seeing seat covers made by Carhartt made me wonder - knowing how tough that can be in a jacket.

Me

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have been looking at these carhart covers and have no knowledge of them, but they get good reviews.
Sorry for the link.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...m_medium=email&u=10989780&ammo=N

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Teal
Lol. I deserve that.

It's not so much "keeping her nice for the next guy" but keeping it nice for me as long as I can. Just thinking that the 2 rubbing against one another constantly might prematurely wreck what's basically new leather/fabric.

Seeing seat covers made by Carhartt made me wonder - knowing how tough that can be in a jacket.
I had CoverKing on the front seats of my last truck, Carhartt on the rear seat and door covers. Both types did a great job of protecting the factory seats. Dogs go on the back seat, they wear a harness and are on an 18" tether. No free ranging in the truck. With my new truck I went with CoverKing for both sets of seats this time, Carhartt doesnt make seat covers for a 2022 Silverado.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
thanks looking at Coverking also

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
732 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 2,951 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.