Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
It really amazes me sometimes the stupid behavior you see in the classifieds.

I recently sold NIB SWFA scope down there. Convo starts with "what's your bottom dollar?" Not even a name or even a "Hi" to start things off.

Next message is "send pics of actual scope and glass. If I like it I'll take it." No prob.

Once he says the magic words, he wants it shipped UPS. No can do. Small town local post office is too handy.

"Well, make sure it's insured. I'll pay to have it insured." OK fine. Costs me an extra trip to PO to get price and they give me total of $25. Guy acts like I'm trying to rip him off the whole time and this doesn't help. Tell him I'll refund him if it aint right. He PP's me an extra $25. Turns out it's only $11 insurance so refund issued.

I over do the packaging so I usually skip insurance.

Here's the funny part.

I'm half expecting this guy to get squirrly so I'm checking tracking every hour or so. I see it's landed and I send him a text, "Looks like the scope made it. Everything good?"

His response? "Looks good but I haven't shot it yet."

WTF?

Couple days later he sends pics of small groups.

LOL

Quick way to make my ignore list!

Never figured I'd be on the hook for small groups! HA!

Share your stories.

Last edited by Higginez; 08/11/22.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I once pointed out a guy his price was significantly above market value - trying to save him from the daily routine of posting “bump”, “ttt”, “priced lower by $5”, etc. for the next 2 weeks.

He told me GFY, which was awful nice for him say that “God Forgives You”.

The end.

Last edited by Stammster; 08/11/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This one time, I went on the USPS website and calculated shipping and insurance cost. Saved me a trip to the PO. True story. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I did as well, but upon checking was told different.

Oh well.

Last edited by Higginez; 08/11/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
This one time, I went on the USPS website and calculated shipping and insurance cost. Saved me a trip to the PO. True story. grin

Yeah, well, lets see you get a price for a media mail package (books) on their website. I've tried, nada.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stammster
I once pointed out a guy his price was significantly above market value - trying to save him from the daily routine of posting “bump”, “ttt”, “priced lower by $5”, etc. for the next 2 weeks.

He told me GFY, which was awful nice for him say that “God Forgives You”.

The end.

^^^Total Dosh move. ^^^

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Yeah, well, lets see you get a price for a media mail package (books) on their website. I've tried, nada.
Weird. I just put in a 1 lb. package and it gave me a cost of $3.49 to send across town via Media Mail.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
I did as well, but upon checking was told different.

Oh well.
That sucks. I was going to post this to your pre-edited post, so will anyway. Need a spare h.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I recently sold NIB SWFA scope down there. Convo starts with "what's your bottom dollar?" Not even a name or even a "Hi" to start things off.

Next message is "send pics of actual scope and glass. If I like it I'll take it." No prob.

Once he says the magic words, he wants it shipped UPS. No can do. Small town local post office is too handy.

"Well, make sure it's insured. I'll pay to have it insured." OK fine. Costs me an extra trip to PO to get price and they give me total of $25. Guy acts like I'm trying to rip him off the whole time and this doesn't help. Tell him I'll refund him if it aint right. He PP's me an extra $25. Turns out it's only $11 insurance so refund issued.

Here's the funny part.

I'm half expecting this guy to get squirrly so I'm checking tracking every hour or so. I see it's landed and I send him a text, "Looks like the scope made it. Everything good?"

WTF?

LOL

Share your stories.

My bad Hig. I think I had just returned from one of our slim selection beer coolers. I had just found this short bottle of Coors Banquet, something I'd not seen before here in this beer desert.

It is just lucky for you that the scope shrunk my groups to acceptable levels. If it hadn't I'd have lit you up for scamming my azz.

Got to poke Judman here as well>Still I'm sure that MFWP didn't pick him for an antelope tag because of him mean mouthing our Montana small town beer selection.

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 08/11/22.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
What is it with meme's and spelling?

LOL

Yeah, you and I posted at same time and my laziness to quote busted me again!

Sorry wasn't aimed at you.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

Here's the funny part.

WTF?

LOL

Share your stories.

My bad Hig. I think I had just returned from one of our slim selection beer coolers. I had just found this short bottle of Coors Banquet, something I'd not seen before here in this beer desert.

It is just lucky for you that the scope shrunk my groups to acceptable levels. If it hadn't I'd have lit you up for scamming my azz.

Got to poke Judman here as well>Still I'm sure that MFWP didn't pick him for an antelope tag because of him mean mouthing our Montana small town beer selection.

LOL!

Yeah, not sure where ol' Judman was but in my experience the beer selection in MT has been better than good.

I suppose it aint all that great in Pony, MT though.

But they do cook up a mean frozen pizza!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought maybe you were trying to troll me.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
"I'll take it" followed by approximately 37 stupid fuucking questions from him about a $10 deal... You know who you are! Dumbass!

Then, another guy.

I'm selling, he's buying, I paraphrase, "Here's the phone number for my FFL, xxx-ccc-vvvv, call them and take care of it" he said!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Agreed on a trade a while ago. Told the guy I would be a day or two to ship. An then got slammed at work. No way to get to the Post office when they were open. Kinda looked like a douche for a bit, nothing I could do about. That sucked.

Also bought a scope a while ago. Guy just tossed it in a box an shipped it. Fugger couldnt be bothered to even use one piece of newspaper to help protect the scope!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Weird. I just put in a 1 lb. package and it gave me a cost of $3.49 to send across town via Media Mail.
Well.........you're smarter than me.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Insurance

Amount for Merchandise Insurance Coverage Desired Fee1
$0.01 - $50.00 $2.60
50.01 - 100.00 3.35
100.01 - 200.00 4.10
200.01 - 300.00 5.40
300.01 - 400.00 6.80
400.01 - 500.00 8.15
500.01 - 600.00 11.00
600.01 - 5,000.00
(maximum liability is $5,000) $11.00 plus $1.65 per $100.00 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value
Additional Insurance Services Fee
Insurance Restricted Delivery2 $6.25

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I’m not a poor worthless f$uck. I’m buy chit from places like opticsplanet , brownells and such. Never ran into the issues you gave, sorry.

I sell things to no one… again, I’m not a poor worthless f$uck.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I thought maybe you were trying to troll me.

Nope.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I’m not a poor worthless f$uck. I’m buy chit from places like opticsplanet , brownells and such. Never ran into the issues you gave, sorry.

I sell things to no one… again, I’m not a poor worthless f$uck.
Totally don't see where this fits into the conversation.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Insurance is because these shipping companies in recent years have an all time high terrible services. Its lie their are doing in on purpose.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 50 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.