Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I drive our dog nuts with my turkey and predator calls! Lol!

Our cat has been quite unimpressed with my new electronic call and decoy. I thought the decoy would light him up. He's like, whatever.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by pullit
You will not know which one to use first...lol

Well................. I kinda already had that problem. LOL !!!

The root of the problem is that box calls keep showing up at my house..........

And just like that............ ANOTHER ONE is on its way to my house...........

I just can NOT pass up a good call at a good price. NOW do you see my affliction ???? If I count right, that's 5 in the last 6 days.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
a turkey call whore....lol

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
a turkey call whore....lol

It's true

Lmao !!

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I just can NOT pass up a good call at a good price. NOW do you see my affliction ???? If I count right, that's 5 in the last 6 days.

The guest for the holy grail....or what I refer to as the guy looking for the mAgic turkey call.

You missed your chance little buddy.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

The guest for the holy grail....or what I refer to as the guy looking for the mAgic turkey call.

You missed your chance little buddy.

Well, aren't we just full of our little self this morning, eh, Luther ??? LMAO !!!

Funny thing is............ I have several boxes (or more) that what could be called "the mAgic turkey call" on sound quality. But there's more to it than that. There's a whole aspect of the place a call holds in history...........the place the maker holds or will hold.........what kind of person the maker is........the quality of workmanship...........and just flat out if it catches my attention. There's an awful lot of box calls out in the garage. I can probably count on two hands how many of them have ever seen the woods. Funny thing is......... I call in the woods 90% with a diaphragm and 10% with a box.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Only box call I use is the big ol call from Dick Kirby, I like the size and the sound, it really reaches out. Other than that, I only use diaphram calls.

While collecting turkey calls isn't my thing, it sounds like it's yours and I'm glad you enjoy it!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Only box call I use is the big ol call from Dick Kirby, I like the size and the sound, it really reaches out.

Guessing you're referring to one of the Quaker Boy boat paddle calls. Most of them are overall pretty decent sounding calls. Yep. Dick also made a few paddle callers called "Road Warrior". Those are so big they could probably be designated as destructive devices. LOL !!! They sound like a seal in pain. But they're a neat part of Quaker Boy history.

While collecting turkey calls isn't my thing, it sounds like it's yours and I'm glad you enjoy it!

I consider myself more of an "accumulator" than a "collector". While I have a good many calls that could be considered collectible......... I have a good many that can't. It's still relaxing to sit in the garage and play a bunch of different boxes in the evening.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh, yeah............ The cedar/butternut paddle caller that was giving me fits came in the mail today. I can sleep tonight. grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ah yes, all is well when the mail finally brings the package and we know it is safe.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ah yes, all is well when the mail finally brings the package and we know it is safe.

Yeah............

There's another one. Irreplaceable call. Coming from California and it's been bouncing around suburbs of Dallas for a couple days. I'm a little nervous.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I call in the woods 90% with a diaphragm and 10% with a box.

10%.....you're a box call tOp water.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
10%.....you're a box call tOp water.

Whatever THAT means................. I'm pretty sure my feelings are hurt. grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I still don't know wHat is with the capital letters iN the middle of your wOrds? What is that supposed to mean?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I think it means he's a tOp watEr tyPist.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The mixed caps are just kinda my signature way of putting emphasis on words.

I've noticed over the years that they bother some folk....seems the looser their sCrews the more it bothers them.

YoderbOy a "tOp water" is likened to a little guppy swimming in a big pond oblivious to the real world around him.....

90%.....10%.....do I need to spell it out for you tOp water ?

Don't feel bad a lot of your bOx call herOs making them don't hit 10%.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
The mixed caps are just kinda my signature way of putting emphasis on words.

I've noticed over the years that they bother some folk....seems the looser their sCrews the more it bothers them.

YoderbOy a "tOp water" is likened to a little guppy swimming in a big pond oblivious to the real world around him.....

90%.....10%.....do I need to spell it out for you tOp water ?

Don't feel bad a lot of your bOx call herOs making them don't hit 10%.

I gotcha. Kinda the opposite of a leaf mouse.

Not sure how an overall 90/10 qualifies me for your award, but............whatever. I've seen you run a diaphragm, so I totally get it why your box call percentage would run much higher than mine.

BTW................ Who ARE my "bOx call herOs" ???

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Only thing I care about impressing with any call is a tom. I've found, over the years, calls that sound good to people, don't always sound good to a turkey and visas versa. Another reason I don't put much stock in calling contests. They tend to be more "political" than anything else. Just my own opinion... But I can only guess my neighbors conversations with each other that are within earshot of my house! Lol! Turkey calling, predator calling... When I'm processing any game in our garage, my wife insists I keep the garage door closed. And plastic garbage bags, put out on garbage day, with bloody bones sticking through them, get me looks and I'm sure some gossip! Haha!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Top wAter what you saw and heard was me testing diaphrams that had been in the freezer....I was essentially picking out my litter for spring.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In tough times the better you are at calling the better your chances of success.

What happens with people like Top wAter that set around and play calls too much is they convince themselves they sound good....

Top wAter types a good show but I'd put the chance of him putting up a video of himself calling at less than zerO %....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
622 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,261
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.