Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#17507310 08/12/22
R
Raeford Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
As I mentioned in Steve's 'retirement' thread I'm heading down to Tennessee tonight.
The primary reason is to see a very close friend that is struggling with a loss.
'Paul' and I became very close buddies during 2020/21[covid] when we basically moved down to the free state of TN.
He lived across the street at the time with his GF and he and I hit it off immediately as well as my wife and his GF.

About a year ago they semi split and both moved a couple of miles out.
We all remained close and they never really could break away from each other totally so we all still hung out together regularly.

She had everything, looks, brains[nursing degree, R.E. license], personality, hard working family that did very well, well adjusted teenage daughter......

I often wondered though- why did the father have primary custody of their daughter?

Paul broke some news to me just after they moved, he had found needles and other paraphernalia when cleaning out the house.
He seemed truly shocked by what he had found and how it was kept from him.

Looking back over the past 2 years I now recognized her slow downward spiral.
She went from selling Real estate to peddling timeshares to sort of working at her fathers HVAC biz, her relatively new BMW was no longer running[and not getting fixed] and her physical appearance was heading downhill.

Last winter he called and asked if he could spend a night with us in Virginia to break up a roundtrip to northern WVA.
He was going to see her [and retrieve her from per her mothers instruction]at a rehab center her parents had convinced her to enter.

Paul called last week, her dad had found her dead at his house. She had OD'd
I could tell that he was totally devastated and heartbroken.

F**k heroin!

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
no good ever comes from using that stuff

Sam......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have dealt with a lot of junkies. I got paid money to do it as a paramedic, and I knew very well 3 or 4 guys who became junkies.

They have truly made a pact with the devil They will destroy their own life, and will lie, cheat and steal from their own mama if that is what it takes to get their next buzz.

As the song goes "I've seen the needle and the damage done,
But, every junkie is like a setting sun..."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Smoking crack (ala Hunter Biden) has about the same result.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Likely got or worsened an already established opioid addiction while nursing. Starts w/pain-pills for surgery or an accident and can get out of hand really quickly for some folks in a hospital or clinic setting where opioid injectables are present. New dispensing technology and 2+ person paper accountability of excess disposal has made it more difficult, but certainly not impossible.

Sorry for you and your friend, it's a shame.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
you just never know what devils people are dealing with

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sad deal.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most people are embarrassed by schitt like this but I don't give a damn and maybe it can be a learning lesson to others. I'm an ex heroin addict. I've been clean for over 11 years and was surprisingly a functioning addict that worked a job because I had a family that I had to provide for and I knew that I needed money to support habit and wasn't willing to steal like other people. Nobody just wakes up one day and decides to be an addict. It usually starts with opioid prescriptions like it did for me. I was on vicodin for a legit medical reason and it escalated from there in a long drawn out process that once into, you look back and finally see how far you're in and it's consumed your whole life. Nothing is fun anymore without being high. Hobbies have no value. You sometimes can't even enjoy your current high because youre worried about where the next one will come from. There's no goal to look forward to except to get high. Aspirations no longer exist. I'd be a liar to say that it's not an amazing feeling. It's almost magical and you don't care how you look to the outside world because when you start to judge yourself or reflect on your own life, you can always spend another $20 and make it all disappear. That's why I empathize with people in this situation. I don't believe it's a disease like some do, but once you unlock that part of your brain it's hard to close the door. One day I didn't recognize myself in the mirror when I was higher than a kite and decided I was done so I made a pact with myself that night and stuck to it. I went to work the next day in full blown withdrawal and told my boss the deal and asked if I could have a week off and if I'd still have a job. He said to take all the time I needed. That was a rough week but I got through it and really glad that I did and I changed my life around and consider myself a better person for it. It's easy to look at a person and just call them a junkie without knowing their story or their demons that they hide from.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Correction, clean since Dec 2nd, 2009.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drugs

The victimless crime?

This was surely sad.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sorry about your friend's lady friend.

I am MAGA.
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Bearded I’m glad you were able to get clean and work things out in your life.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
R
Raeford Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by LBP
Bearded I’m glad you were able to get clean and work things out in your life.

This^^^ In Spades!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Correction, clean since Dec 2nd, 2009.

BGS, it takes a very strong and determined person to "beat the needle." You obviously were/are that man. Glad you're still clean.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Christian jerk in me would ask “do you know if she was saved”

TheRealStovepipe would say “I’ve seen this all play out in slow motion with a neighbor/cousin over several years”
And even that, then, it still seems to come as a surprise.

Some ‘bad’ dope has been going around for about 3 years. Poisonous shît.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Narcan is the worst available drug, let's save the POS so that they can cause more grief. Doing drugs is one thing, becoming a dope head is your own doing. The medical - pharmaceutical industry is doing their best to turn everyone into a drug addict.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No no...narcan is in fact a good drug.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would put narcan in my diabetes pump

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya know….If I get too deep into Nana’s peach cobbler

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm torn, it killed Cobain so that sucks...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,326
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.