Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
All talk and no action.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Yes , how many times have we heard ''big talk'' and seen ''no action''.

Too many to count with my fingers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing really is going to happen.............it's done & will stand.

Lots of posturing & kabuki theater.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Nothing really is going to happen.............it's done & will stand.

Lots of posturing & kabuki theater.

MM

Yep. Lot of hot air. Most of them got elected by blowing smoke up the ass of the voters.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of cynicism being posted here - throughout history, cynics rarely have shown themselves to be great fighters - or winners.

I would like those politicians speaking out now to have a serious chance to right the ship - at least one good chance - and hope that many citizens will work hard to create that chance.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by reivertom
I just hope this illegal raid was the death throes of the Democrat Party. I hope they are all scared and doing these desperate actions out of fear of the coming storm.

Hardly.

We have A LOT of Democrats in this country. People that think Trump won 2020 by a landslide are likely only exposed to a heavily conservative area and/or fooling themselves. There are more Democrats in this country than Republicans. Moderates, including Republicans, voted against Trump in droves. Not to mention first-time voter suburban millennials turned out like never before to vote against Trump. I'm shocked that Trump didn't lose by more than he did.

Unfortunately, we prideful conservative Americans did not get the president we need but instead the president we deserve, an egotistical man with great policies, who because of out-of-control hubris, couldn't hold onto his own office nor could he keep the Democrats out of office in Georgia.

The real problem is not deep state or corrupt politicians or out-of-control alphabet agencies or laws or precedents (Roe v. Wade for instance). Those are terrible symptoms of a possibly terminal disease. The problem is that as much as half of the country is willing to accept these things along with a heavy dose of Marxist idealogy. And that is a HUGE problem.

A place to start is by developing some leadership that cares more about the country and its founding values than pride, power, money or political ambition.

We HAVE to turns things and that starts with turning hearts.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
A lot of cynicism being posted here - throughout history, cynics rarely have shown themselves to be great fighters - or winners.

I would like those politicians speaking out now to have a serious chance to right the ship - at least one good chance - and hope that many citizens will work hard to create that chance.

Very true! It’s easy to feel cynical these days but seeing so many seemingly throwing up their hands in helpless despair doesn’t create confidence in those of us that haven’t given up….won’t EVER give up. I can understand how disgusted the cynics are and rightfully so but luckily our history isn’t written by cynics, it’s written by those that were brave enough to dare to dream of regular citizens defeating the largest army and navy in the world. Only the hopeful carry the weight of the future.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I just hope this illegal raid was the death throes of the Democrat Party. I hope they are all scared and doing these desperate actions out of fear of the coming storm.

Hardly.

We have A LOT of Democrats in this country. People that think Trump won 2020 by a landslide are likely only exposed to a heavily conservative area and/or fooling themselves. There are more Democrats in this country than Republicans. Moderates, including Republicans, voted against Trump in droves..
Not hardly.

I do believe the brain dead voted for Obama in droves, not because he was a Democrat, but because he was black and they wanted to be able to be a part of history electing the first black President and to prove to themselves they were Not Racist.

Even with all that, Obama only captured 69 million votes in 2008 and in 2012 Obama lost 4 million votes and captured only 65 million.

And you actually believe that Biden, a guy that couldn’t get 250 people at a rally outscored Obama by over 10 million votes. Didn’t happen.

BTW, there are a lot of liberals were I live, many of my liberal acquaintances voted for Hillary in 2016, but either refused to vote for Biden and stayed home, or voted for Trump in 2020.

Last edited by steve4102; 08/12/22.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
"Save your documents and clear your calendar. We're coming."

All talk.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Yes , how many times have we heard ''big talk'' and seen ''no action''.

Ummm, every fuc king time.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

We can only go by the past performance of these blowhards with mountains of evidence that Hillary Clinton was 100% derelict in her duty regarding the events of Benghazi

And the subsequent inquisitions that wrought out ZERO punishment from Gohmert, Gates, Gowdy, Jordan and rest of these mouthy do-nothings

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tzone

All talk.

Isn’t that what representatives in the house are supposed to do?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by tzone

All talk.

Isn’t that what representatives in the house are supposed to do?

It sure seems so.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I benember when The Fire was alive with Go-Get-Em-Gowdy posts and thread, and those that dared to post that Gowdy was all talk, were branded Debbie Downers and Pessimistic.

Funny that.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
McCarthy is a sly SOB

"save" and "calendar"??? what about right NOW, do something about it not run the clock out as usual...in the interim there will be 10 more scandals and this one will be forgotten and still have a worse militarized DOJ.

If they were serious they would do whatever it takes right NOW, not a lot of BS as usual.

"an armed society is a polite society"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

We can only go by the past performance of these blowhards with mountains of evidence that Hillary Clinton was 100% derelict in her duty regarding the events of Benghazi
And the subsequent inquisitions that wrought out ZERO punishment from Gohmert, Gates, Gowdy, Jordan and rest of these mouthy do-nothings
I certainly understand that such failures - whether real or simply perceived - are a basis for the skepticism and even cynicism expressed here. I can also understand why some honest folks express what is in your post. However, that assessment of the past is not the only thing I can "go by", and my focus for the future is based elsewhere.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You can only run your pie hole so long, before reasonable people with a semi sound mind. Fully understand you have a alligator mouth, and a canary azz. His due date expired. Apparently at one time he at least wrestled to win!

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer

Hardly.

We have A LOT of Democrats in this country. People that think Trump won 2020 by a landslide are likely only exposed to a heavily conservative area and/or fooling themselves. There are more Democrats in this country than Republicans. Moderates, including Republicans, voted against Trump in droves. Not to mention first-time voter suburban millennials turned out like never before to vote against Trump. I'm shocked that Trump didn't lose by more than he did.

Unfortunately, we prideful conservative Americans did not get the president we need but instead the president we deserve, an egotistical man with great policies, who because of out-of-control hubris, couldn't hold onto his own office nor could he keep the Democrats out of office in Georgia.

The real problem is not deep state or corrupt politicians or out-of-control alphabet agencies or laws or precedents (Roe v. Wade for instance). Those are terrible symptoms of a possibly terminal disease. The problem is that as much as half of the country is willing to accept these things along with a heavy dose of Marxist idealogy. And that is a HUGE problem.

A place to start is by developing some leadership that cares more about the country and its founding values than pride, power, money or political ambition.

We HAVE to turns things and that starts with turning hearts.
You actually Think Trump lost fair and square? That Biden got over 80 million real votes?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by slumlord

Ya and Mueller.. Lots of Fine Dining.. Sex Toys ..

This Durham Dude the Jury still out on Him ..
He looks Frugal but Looks can be Deceiving..
I betting Big Shrimp and Molly Maids .

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
McCarthy is a sly SOB

"save" and "calendar"??? what about right NOW, do something about it not run the clock out as usual...in the interim there will be 10 more scandals and this one will be forgotten and still have a worse militarized DOJ.

If they were serious they would do whatever it takes right NOW, not a lot of BS as usual.

He’s got the Best Pollster behind Him ..
Whispering Sweet Nothing in his Ear ..

Kevin you were Born to Ride ..

Roll Them or They Roll You

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (10gaugemag, 14idaho, 1minute, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,207
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.