Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I’m not a poor worthless f$uck. I’m buy chit from places like opticsplanet , brownells and such. Never ran into the issues you gave, sorry.

I sell things to no one… again, I’m not a poor worthless f$uck.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sold some ammo and was paid by check. I didn't look at the return address and didn't clarify the shipping addy, I just sent it to the address on the check. UPS center is an hour drive.

A few days later I get a message. Tracking says it was delivered to Wisconsin, I'm in Indiana. I said uh oh, that was the address on the check. He says, I moved and that's my old address.

He contacted his realtor to check on it. The realtor says current inhabitants refused the package and sent it back. Tracking shows it's been received at the ups center in a couple days. I drive there and they say no package, you better make an insurance claim.

I offered the buyer a refund or replacement. He wanted the ammo, so I made another trip and shipped to the right address. In a few months I got the insurance, which was a hassle, and it at least covered some of my loss.

Moral is...always confirm the shipping address!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Huncho
Insurance is because these shipping companies in recent years have an all time high terrible services. Its lie their are doing in on purpose.
Got English?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by duck911
I've bought and sold hundreds and hundreds of firearms and gun related items totaling probably tens of thousands of dollars on many popular gun forums, including here. Many face to face, and all with ZERO issues, going back to the 90's when many here had never heard of gun forums. My buyer and seller status was always (and is) A+++.

But 10 or so years ago on the 24HCF classifieds, I was falsely accused of screwing someone out of a fuggin' $60 10-22 barrel, if I recall correctly. Everyone piled on and I was public enemy #1. For a piece of chit 10-22 barrel that was SHIPPED and RECEIVED.

Of course, it was all false. And now I only deal with people FACE TO FACE. I stopped posting chit for sale here long ago, because face to face is inconvenient for most, which I get. But my gun range has a classified webpage and a LOT of deals go on there, and all locally, usually over beers.

So.......... yea, fugk 24hcf classifieds. I'd rather shake a hand.
Hope you reported your earnings to The IRS!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suggest you all kick back with a case of Natty Light and enjoy this piece of classic literature GOLD.

Scammer call out-what entertainment should be

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 79S
Well I’m broke so I can’t afford anything from all them fancy places loadclear mentioned. Being broke/poor means I have nothing to sell either..

You and loadclear are broke/poor have nothing to sell but live in Alaska. I need a Friday laugh tell me again how God damn bad it is....mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 08/12/22.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I suggest you all kick back with a case of Natty Light and enjoy this piece of classic literature GOLD.

Scammer call out-what entertainment should be

Is that the thread about the guy from TX, WillieP is somethin….

Had 4 or 5 ranches….

Was bitchin about $30 worth of bullets that lost in the mail or something.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by duck911
I've bought and sold hundreds and hundreds of firearms and gun related items totaling probably tens of thousands of dollars on many popular gun forums, including here.
Hope you reported your earnings to The IRS!!!

He just did by making this post.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found out that the free classifieds aren't free if you are trying to sell a few Frankenstud Sling Keepers now and then.

The boss needs paid.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I found out that the free classifieds aren't free if you are trying to sell a few Frankenstud Sling Keepers now and then.

The boss needs paid.....
And you're probably making less than some have made selling miscellaneous items or firearms.

So much for "Free" classifieds.

At least there are quite a few who know what they are and where to go if they want one. Time to fly under the radar now.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 08/12/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an ad in the classifieds it is almost a year old and on page 1000 and still get around 10 views per day. I have still not figued that one out.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn

The boss needs paid.....

It’s $1,500 to sell commercially over on Snipers Hide. I contacted Rick when I was selling AR500. He was way cool.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I have an ad in the classifieds it is almost a year old and on page 1000 and still get around 10 views per day. I have still not figued that one out.
Web Crawlers, Spiders

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Place an ad in the classified section here on the 'Fire, be prepared to meet the sick, the lame and the lazy stoonods that inhabit this site. No matter how thoroughly described your item there are always stupid questions and lowball offers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
This one time, I went on the USPS website and calculated shipping and insurance cost. Saved me a trip to the PO. True story. grin

Feel confident dealing with this gentleman anytime. He's GTG!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am simply uncomfortable doing forum deals or any deal that is not face to face. I am nervous as a buyer because I will not react well to getting scammed. I am nervous as a seller because I don't react well to getting scammed and my integrity is on the line. I think I have done 4 transactions through this site. When I have sold, I have told the buyer that I'd ship the item to them, they could inspect it and if it met their approval they could send a check. When I have bought I have sent a check told them to let it clear and then ship. No issues whatsoever. I did ensure that I was dealing with longstanding member who don't appear to be here just to do business deals.

I need to sell this damn Burris XTR 3 that I paid a grand for. I have no use for it, but online transactions stress me out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes we've seen your anxiety threads on purchases.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did a deal here a while back on a rifle scope with a guy. When I received the scope in the mail I sent him this pic. And a WTF happened. He immediately tried calling me to ask what had happened and I said oh this was after I took the scope out of the box. We both had a good laugh about and welcomed each at our campfire. I think it made both of our days LOL

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Did a deal here a while back on a rifle scope with a guy. When I received the scope in the mail I sent him this pic. And a WTF happened. He immediately tried calling me to ask what had happened and I said oh this was after I took the scope out of the box. We both had a good laugh about and welcomed each at our campfire. I think it made both of our days LOL

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I would have had a heart attack.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was selling my wife paracord rifle slings a few years back some fella accused me of stealing 550 cord from the Army supply room so my wife could make these slings LOL. My wife was making an assortment of colors and to this day the only color I ever seen in a army supply room is green and 99% of the time its rolled up in a big ball of ph uck.

Last edited by 79S; 08/12/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 17 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 667 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.