Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I barely own 100+ SWFA scopes and perhaps "only" 125 sets of their rings. I've multiple versions of the 3-15x both in SFP and FFP...though FFP MQ is THE route. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Admittedly,I've yet to see a "tricky" 1-4x. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

A Texhen and a Pro Victim,trying to talk about how they were "wronged" in their perpetual Brokedicktitude,is fhuqking EPIC Humor! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

So do you suck their dick or do they suck yours ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
BP-B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Craigster
I barely own 100+ SWFA scopes and perhaps "only" 125 sets of their rings. I've multiple versions of the 3-15x both in SFP and FFP...though FFP MQ is THE route. Hint.

A Texhen and a Pro Victim,trying to talk about how they were "wronged" in their perpetual Brokedicktitude,is fhuqking EPIC Humor! Hint.

69?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Sorry POOPstick, but I refuse to use "Made in China" scope rings.

I’d bet good $ that there isn’t a modern set of scope rings in existence that didn’t involve China at some level of its manufacturing process.

The raw materials sourced, the products made to create the finish, the metallurgy process, whatever….I simply won’t believe any readily available product in today’s world isn’t partially made in China. Just because a scope doesn’t have a “Made in China” sticker doesn’t mean that it isn’t.

I use Nightforce, Seekins & FarrelI scopes rings. They are machined in the USA. You will have to ask the manufacturers where they buy their alloys.

I didn't type anything about a scope.

Understood, but I think my point was solid.

I did mean to type “a scope ring” instead of just “a scope” when referring to the sticker. That is what I get for typing on my phone when at lunch….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Michael Effertz with SWFA emailed me and said they did this to concentrate on their Optics Line which will be coming out soon.

I am not following you here. SWFA already has an optics line. Are you referring to a new model of optic or series of models of optics or something?

Or, is their new line actually called “optics”. That’s be original….

Last edited by T_Inman; 08/12/22.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Sorry POOPstick, but I refuse to use "Made in China" scope rings.

I’d bet good $ that there isn’t a modern set of scope rings in existence that didn’t involve China at some level of its manufacturing process.

The raw materials sourced, the products made to create the finish, the metallurgy process, whatever….I simply won’t believe any readily available product in today’s world isn’t partially made in China. Just because a scope doesn’t have a “Made in China” sticker doesn’t mean that it isn’t.

I use Nightforce, Seekins & FarrelI scopes rings. They are machined in the USA. You will have to ask the manufacturers where they buy their alloys.

I didn't type anything about a scope.

Understood, but I think my point was solid.

I did mean to type “a scope ring” instead of just “a scope” when referring to the sticker. That is what I get for typing on my phone when at lunch….

It wasn't hard to tell, you meant scope ring. And, your point is valid.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Michael Effertz with SWFA emailed me and said they did this to concentrate on their Optics Line which will be coming out soon.

Let's kick that around a little bit. SWFA currently has a wildly popular line of well respected scopes that they cannot keep in stock. Now they are going to move into a new line that they will be able to keep in stock. Okay, I'll accept that. BUT, the counter help in the store is somehow a vital piece of bringing this new scope line into production and/or to the market?

Paul you might be onto something! That is a well thought out and logical question. I knew most of the "counter help" and have to say I wasn't real impressed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I wonder if SWFA will be at the Texas Hunters Extravaganza this weekend in Dallas (close to their HQ). Lease mates and I will be walking the show with a few nickels burning a hole in our pocket. I've never checked out their wares, mostly because the majority of their reticles seem to come with 48 hash marks. For fooks sake, I can't even see that good. Besides, I just need a duplex and maybe an illuminated dot if I'm hunting within 200 yards. If they are there, I'll have to give them a look.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I wonder if it was for lying about their scope specs. lolol

They only lie about the ones they sell to you. Like Ruger, they have a special pile of stuff reserved for the Spandex Man…….😜

IDGAF what the paperwork says - does it PERFORM and for me, they do.

That's not the truth. If you want a long eye relief scope and you get a short eye relief scope you will care. The one I bought would perform right into your brow on a heavy kicker.

Being off by 15% on weight isn't a big deal to me, although SWFA has changed the weight of the scope in their specs twice since I bought it. Once to the correct weight and then back to the incorrect weight.

Killed one deer in 8 years.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Let's kick that around a little bit. SWFA currently has a wildly popular line of well respected scopes that they cannot keep in stock. Now they are going to move into a new line that they will be able to keep in stock. Okay, I'll accept that. BUT, the counter help in the store is somehow a vital piece of bringing this new scope line into production and/or to the market?

Paul,

In the current state of affairs, counter help (labor) is a scarce commodity. For every business! They know their operation better than we do. Could it be that shutting down the door is the best course they can take?
We've been blessed to have SWFA Scopes for a while now, at such low prices...what makes you think they're fixing to fug up the business? Or, the consumers, for that matter?

Not being able to keep in stock is a testament to the popularity/quality/price point of the products. And you're complaining about counter help when they're trying to "fix" the shortcomings?
Gimme a break!

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by CopperSolid

Paul,

In the current state of affairs, counter help (labor) is a scarce commodity. For every business! They know their operation better than we do. Could it be that shutting down the door is the best course they can take?
We've been blessed to have SWFA Scopes for a while now, at such low prices...what makes you think they're fixing to fug up the business? Or, the consumers, for that matter?

Not being able to keep in stock is a testament to the popularity/quality/price point of the products. And you're complaining about counter help when they're trying to "fix" the shortcomings?
Gimme a break!

Actually it was I who was knocking the counter help, Paul was just asking how they hourly front people could effect the release of a new line of scopes.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rickt300
Actually it was I who was knocking the counter help, Paul was just asking how they hourly front people could effect the release of a new line of scopes.
As I stated, "They know their operation better than we do", Including you, rick...ever heard about budget?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I wonder if it was for lying about their scope specs. lolol

They only lie about the ones they sell to you. Like Ruger, they have a special pile of stuff reserved for the Spandex Man…….😜

IDGAF what the paperwork says - does it PERFORM and for me, they do.

That's not the truth. If you want a long eye relief scope and you get a short eye relief scope you will care. The one I bought would perform right into your brow on a heavy kicker.

Being off by 15% on weight isn't a big deal to me, although SWFA has changed the weight of the scope in their specs twice since I bought it. Once to the correct weight and then back to the incorrect weight.

Killed one deer in 8 years.

I sure as fugk haven't killed as many deer as you have sock puppets.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Originally Posted by rickt300
As I stated, "They know their operation better than we do", Including you, rick...ever heard about budget?

Well I know for a fact the counter help was not designing a new scope line.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
They are switching to a manufacturer in Nigeria.
Apparently there was a wealthy tribesman who died and left them a multi million Naira grass hut based company. So they cut ties with the little yellow creeps.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Remsen
Seems like the ATF has been rewriting rules to shut down other FFLs for clerical errors too. Eff the ATF

Read about the ATF targeting a local pawn shop a week or two ago. Appears to be a pattern that's possible when government has too many laws and inadequate oversight (or a rogue administration weaponizing government agencies against their political opponents).

However, sloppy paperwork by the FFL holder is asking for trouble regardless of whether ATF was more lenient in the past.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Craigster

CumDumpster,

Your HILARIOUS Brokedicktitude,is a rampant reward...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations.

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
FUUCK

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hear through The Grapevine,that their glass is tough. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist and actual use ladies. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Lol, interesting video!

Makes me feel good about the 3-15 I just mounted and sighted in today on a rifle! It did replace a brand that shall not be named.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never heard of 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
471 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 45 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.