Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Regarding my friend Marc, the lawyer, mentioned above. I wanted to help him.
I thought about David Crosby the musician. He was a massive coke addict. He said in an interview that the only reason he is alive today, is that he got busted in Texas and sentenced to one year in the Texas Pen.

Texas has a dope rehab program. They put the junkie in a solitary cell for the first week, on bread and water. After 7 days, if the junkie is still alive, he is cured!
Crosby said that he went one year without coke, and when he got out he was cured. He still had to have a liver transplant, he had fried his liver on all the coke.

I seriously thought about ratting my buddy out to the narcs, even though it went against the grain of my thinking. If Marc could do a year in the Georgia Pen he might be cured. But then, I figured, his first night in jail he might hang himself and I would be to blame.

Tough call, but I did nothing. And ten years later Marc was another dead junkie.

BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Well I have personally attended AA/NA meetings . The person in question has to decide for themself whether their life is no longer manageable and is willing to give it all over to a Higher Power. They must decide whether or not they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. That’s just the way it is. Significant others /family play no part besides a support role. Although they can be enablers. Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I thought about David Crosby the musician. He was a massive coke addict. He said in an interview that the only reason he is alive today, is that he got busted in Texas and sentenced to one year in the Texas Pen.

Texas has a dope rehab program. They put the junkie in a solitary cell for the first week, on bread and water. After 7 days, if the junkie is still alive, he is cured!
Crosby said that he went one year without coke, and when he got out he was cured. He still had to have a liver transplant, he had fried his liver on all the coke.

I seriously thought about ratting my buddy out to the narcs, even though it went against the grain of my thinking. If Marc could do a year in the Georgia Pen he might be cured. But then, I figured, his first night in jail he might hang himself and I would be to blame.

Tough call, but I did nothing. And ten years later Marc was another dead junkie.

I think Crosby's liver was shot from hepatitis C. His alcohol abuse didn't help.

Not aware of any studies regarding chronic cocaine use and liver damage.

Now he might have caught the Hep from shooting coke/junk or through body fluids via sharing a straw for snorting. Probably caught it via doing nasty stuff with groupies.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Drugs aren't victimless when it comes to the family and friends having to deal with the wake of destruction that addiction causes. But even so, prison isn't the right thing for these people. They need mental health services or something because throwing them into the system does nothing but fuel the urge when you start losing what little you already have. I also forget to say to the OP, im sorry about your friend and thank the rest of you for the kind words.

Kind words? You sir, are a badass. Thank you and stay the path. Good boys have never, ever, made really good men.

Care to explain this ?

LOL
Is it not self explanatory?

He went through hell but managed to hold a job and got clean on his own.

No it's not dumbass....this question wasn't directed at you, duh. " Good boy's have never,ever made really good Men" This is the question for Pat.
Again not that hard to understand…

It isn’t meant to be taken as Gods honest 100% truth. Point being that you live and you learn. You grow and make yourself better from the lessons learned and mistakes made. If you’ve never made mistakes and have few life experiences you likely have a narrow set of ideas to draw from.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've taken flak for it here on the campfire, but I am totally against drugs....especially illegal stuff, that the liberal left wants to keep legalizing...
especially in Washington and Oregon, and California....

I feel for the families and their loss, as far as the 'victim'... not really they did it to themselves...

what is any difference in Overdosing or just committing suicide??? produces the same outcome..

and with that, I am accused of being "totally heartless" frequently.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Well I have personally attended AA/NA meetings . The person in question has to decide for themself whether their life is no longer manageable and is willing to give it all over to a Higher Power. They must decide whether or not they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. That’s just the way it is. Significant others /family play no part besides a support role. Although they can be enablers. Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide.

100 % spot on....

like the old adage.. "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

you can throw him in the water, you can drown him in the water...

but the will to drink is only the horse's choice.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
In the past few years, several new women in my life impressed me with their obvious tight grip on life and reality and their work ethic. I could tell they all had lived a rough life.

Sooner or later all of them told me a similar story of meth and heroin and homelessness and the hell they went thru and what it took to crawl back out of it by their fingernails.

Therapy and faith and hard work and getting their mind right, put them back in the work force and gave them the grit and determination that got my attention in the first place.

I count them as friends and I admire what they have accomplished.

I still cannot comprehend how they took that first step or how they can live with what they did while hooked. I respect them and trust them and I hope they win in life.

But, as much as I want them to do well, I know deep down I could never have them as a partner...I know I would not be able to look past the prostitution and other behaviors in their past. I damn sure hope they do find men who can, because they deserve happiness.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 08/12/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
I've taken flak for it here on the campfire, but I am totally against drugs....especially illegal stuff, that the liberal left wants to keep legalizing...

I feel for the families and their loss, as far as the 'victim'... not really they did it to themselves...

what is any difference in Overdosing or just committing suicide??? produces the same outcome..

I agree. Personal responsibility. Choices have consequences.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

What if someone gets strung out because they were over prescribed. Wife had thyroid surgery and they gave her an ungodly amount of opiates. So much that the pharmacist told me that they didn't have that much in stock.

Not saying that people shouldn't take personal responsibility, but a little helping hand might be needed. That said I also understand that loved ones can only do so much and may have to refuse to help after getting shidt stolen, etc.

We really need to bring back forcibly committing some people to hospitals. They don't go, then off to jail with them.

I hear you on legalizing it, though. One look at the sea of homeless camps in Portland should be proof of what a failure that's been.

Last edited by Steve; 08/12/22.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Local boy does an exceptional cover

#creeksquad
#chestham

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
🤘

👍

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
'Ol Junkie John
When he walked into the room
it was like somebody just left.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
What if someone gets strung out because they were over prescribed. Wife had thyroid surgery and they gave her an ungodly amount of opiates. So much that the pharmacist told me that they didn't have that much in stock.

Not saying that people shouldn't take personal responsibility, but a little helping hand might be needed. That said I also understand that loved ones can only do so much and may have to refuse to help after getting shidt stolen, etc.

We really need to bring back forcibly committing some people to hospitals. They don't go, then off to jail with them.

I hear you on legalizing it, though. One look at the sea of homeless camps in Portland should be proof of what a failure that's been.

When I had my first eye surgery, the doc sent me to the pharmacy with a stack of prescriptions, eyedrops this and that, oh, and a bottle full of oxy. Not for any surgery related pain, but for “possible” muscle pain from having to sit in a down facing position for six weeks.

Being plenty naive in the area of drugs, I had no idea what oxy was. NOBODY, not the doc, not the nurse, not the pharmacy tech or the pharmacist made any mention of this being an opiate, potentially addictive, or side effects. Just here, take these.

I’m blessed with a constitution that’s not particularly addictive. I kicked cigarettes early in life, and other than a few youthful indiscretions with hashies and pot, an occasional drink is my only vice. I took one oxy, and it was definitely not for me. Weird buzzy feeling, no thanks. Alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofenwere as effective, anyway.

Like I said, I consider myself blessed, but someone who experiences the high more intensely would have had a more than fair chance at being hooked without ever even knowing what risk they were taking.

No different, really, than a street dealer lacing pot with fentanyl in an attempt to hook users. People are ensnared before they even know they are at risk.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This song tells a story about it (especially the last verse):

To some I'm a wise man, to some I'm a fool
But I need a little something to keep my cool
I sleep with the sun and I rise with the moon
And I feel alright with my needle and spoon
I feel alright with my needle and spoon

It's difficult sometimes to get my stuff
So if I'm evil don't get in a huff

Don't need no women don't need no wine
'Cause life is sweet when you hit the main line

Only one thing that worries my mind
The stuff it kills you and it treats you unkind
If you're married you can divorce your wife
But when you're married to "H? then you're married for life
You're married to "H? and you're married for life

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Don't feel too badly.

A year inside doesn't "cure" anyone.

I know many that have done longer stretches and came out and first thing they looked for was a bottle or a bag.

Crosby is basically an anomaly. He just happened to be "done" and likely found something else, of perhaps some spiritual nature, while locked up.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was going to put this up earlier but waited to see. Typical dead wood around here. Uncultured fuggs

Coked up Ronnie, biting his way thru it.

No Billy Powell, Ronnie had knocked a few of his teeth out then.
Ed King present but not for long, scooted out soon after regarding a fight with Ronnie of course.
Allen and Gary, Ed King at 2:35

Ronnie broke Gary’s hand somewhere, I think before

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jails, institutions, death... or recovery. Good on you Bearded.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Local boy does an exceptional cover

#creeksquad
#chestham

Spot on perfect cover of a great song. A whole lot of talent but it sounds exactly like the Chains version. There isn’t anything about it to make it their own.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,787 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,877
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.