Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I like the Glock 19x. I have giant sized hands somewhere between a 2x-3x glove size. I can shoot a smaller framed pistol about as well but really like a full size grip that I can wrap all of my fingers around.
I don't really understand the 19X. What's the advantage vs the Glock 17?
Only that it shaves an inch or so off of the slide length which is especially nice for appendix carry, it make a noticeable difference. It’s still a bigger gun but as someone that likes a full size frame to get my hand around it’s the best compromise between getting a full grip and still making it as compact as possible.

It’s probably mostly just an individual preference thing.
I see what you mean. For Appendix Carry, it makes sense.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sig just released their new comp version 365. 17+1. I’m definitely going to take a look

Last edited by Mac84; 08/11/22.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the Glock 19x. I have giant sized hands somewhere between a 2x-3x glove size. I can shoot a smaller framed pistol about as well but really like a full size grip that I can wrap all of my fingers around.
Only that it shaves an inch or so off of the slide length which is especially nice for appendix carry, it make a noticeable difference. It’s still a bigger gun but as someone that likes a full size frame to get my hand around it’s the best compromise between getting a full grip and still making it as compact as possible.

I bought one when they first came out. To me, it didn’t balance and point as well as my 19 or my 32, which of course, is the same size as the 19. Shot it a while, then sent it on down the road. And I kept my 19 and 32, of course.
If I ever feel the need to carry a bigger Glock, my Model 20 is my go to.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I bought one when they first came out. To me, it didn’t balance and point as well as my 19 or my 32, which of course, is the same size as the 19. Shot it a while, then sent it on down the road. And I kept my 19 and 32, of course.
If I ever feel the need to carry a bigger Glock, my Model 20 is my go to.
I can see where the 19 balances a bit better but I hate having my pinky finger dangling in space. Practically speaking it may not matter much but it feels like a big pocket pistol. I like how the 19x fits my hand so I’m okay with a little more frame size. It all comes down to individual perceptions.

The best pure pointing pistol that I own for me is the Beretta 92f. The grips a little short and it’s to chunky but it seems to always point right where I’m looking despite not shooting it often.

I like 1911’s but the single stack frames feel a little bit to thin.

A lot of people rave about CZ pistols. I have full and compact models I like them a lot but they don’t fit my hand as well as the full-size Glock 9mm frames. I have a few FN’s and really like the FNX 45 tactical and 509 tactical grip frames. They’re my favorites next to the Glocks.

First world problems 😂

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
Is there one micro 9 out there that everyone can point to and call it the "never a wrong choice" option?

The $300 Taurus GX4.

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Slavek
Is there one micro 9 out there that everyone can point to and call it the "never a wrong choice" option?

The $300 Taurus GX4.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dla
I worked in a 500+ bed county jail for a decade.

That's all I need to know.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My psa dagr holds more rounds and doesn't say Forjas Taurus Brasil on it.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The $300 Taurus GX4.

SlavekFag is one of Maser’s / Jason Cardenas Sock Puppets.
The only gun she’s ever owned is a airsoft or a Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun. 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Ask yourself if the gun you are choosing is one that you are willing to get into a standup gunfight with, against one or two attackers, who are armed. Since they (I will use plural verbiage, but it may be a single person) chose to commit heinous acts upon their fellow man, likely planned beforehand and are carrying substantial firepower.
Odds are in their favor right from the start, as they intended them to be in their favor. They deliberately planned it this way.

Many tend to choose handguns that are really Talismans. In other words, they are relying on hope as a strategy. They "hope" that if they produce their little 7 shot micro pistol (that is comfortable to carry)and point it in the direction of what scares them it will ward off evil and that will be all it takes. This has never made any sense, as there is an expectation that the bad guys are thinking rationally. The fact is that the very vast majority of people commiting violent crimes/shootings, etc, are either under the influence of narcotics and/or suffering from a mental health issue. They are not rational thinkers, so expecting them to behave rationally is simply not something one should bet their life on.

In talking with a lot of people who carry these tiny pocket guns over the years, and getting into their thought process it is pretty much always the same.

They "hope" they don't have to actually engage in exchanging back and forth fire with an adversary or two.

That is their strategy.

Their tiny gun is really a good luck charm.

The reality is that a person is better off choosing a handgun not based on what feels good in their hand, or what fits in their pocket. They are better off choosing a handgun that they can actually perform well with under stress. Ask yourself "what is the smallest handgun I am willing to get into a gunfight with against 1 or 2 armed men?" That is your answer.

Some guns are great to carry in your pocket and you can shoot them well, standing, shooting slowfire. But when it comes to making fast and accurate hits at any sort of distance, that is where the wheels fall off.

Don't rely on the old nonsense of "average" gunfights being 3.5 rounds at 10 feet nonsense. Most of those statistics are heavily skewed anyways, having such things as dog attacks and various shootings that are not relevant thrown in the mix. Plus, you are "hoping" you are not a statistical outlier.

Choose what you can make fast and accurate hits with. Not a talisman that is comfortable to carry.

You will get the fight you get, not the one you want to get.

The odds will likely already be against you right from the beginning, so choose wisely.

Great post..........i want nothing to do with micro guns of any type. And the pure fact is that no one really shoots them as well as a mid-size or full size handgun, especially at distances over essentially, point blank. (As a BUG I will carry a J-frame on occasion)

I want shoot-ability & capacity over all else. Period.

The G-19 or the S&W 2.0 Compact are just about perfection in all regards, depending on which one fits better & shoots better for you.

Or a Commander sized 1911, albiet, giving up some round capacity.

Learn to get the right holster & attire & they are all easily concealed.

YMMV

MM

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Glocks are my favorite…but been damn impressed with my two Springfield XDS mod2 3.3” pistols. This is the 9mm. Quite small, but easy to shoot well, with 9+1 capacity. Usually 2 to 4 spare mags on me, depending on where I’m at, or heading. I mostly carry the .40 XDS mod2 3.3” though.

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve always been a big SIG fan. My experience is that they have the best out of the box trigger pull and that is very important.

That being said, if I was considering a carry gun, I would get the one that I was most comfortable shooting. Triggers can be modified. Three of my four carry guns are SIGs.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Ask yourself if the gun you are choosing is one that you are willing to get into a standup gunfight with, against one or two attackers, who are armed. Since they (I will use plural verbiage, but it may be a single person) chose to commit heinous acts upon their fellow man, likely planned beforehand and are carrying substantial firepower.
Odds are in their favor right from the start, as they intended them to be in their favor. They deliberately planned it this way.

Many tend to choose handguns that are really Talismans. In other words, they are relying on hope as a strategy. They "hope" that if they produce their little 7 shot micro pistol (that is comfortable to carry)and point it in the direction of what scares them it will ward off evil and that will be all it takes.
This has never made any sense, as there is an expectation that the bad guys are thinking rationally. The fact is that the very vast majority of people commiting violent crimes/shootings, etc, are either under the influence of narcotics and/or suffering from a mental health issue. They are not rational thinkers, so expecting them to behave rationally is simply not something one should bet their life on.

In talking with a lot of people who carry these tiny pocket guns over the years, and getting into their thought process it is pretty much always the same.

They "hope" they don't have to actually engage in exchanging back and forth fire with an adversary or two.

That is their strategy.

Their tiny gun is really a good luck charm.

The reality is that a person is better off choosing a handgun not based on what feels good in their hand, or what fits in their pocket. They are better off choosing a handgun that they can actually perform well with under stress. Ask yourself "what is the smallest handgun I am willing to get into a gunfight with against 1 or 2 armed men?" That is your answer.

Some guns are great to carry in your pocket and you can shoot them well, standing, shooting slowfire. But when it comes to making fast and accurate hits at any sort of distance, that is where the wheels fall off.

Don't rely on the old nonsense of "average" gunfights being 3.5 rounds at 10 feet nonsense. Most of those statistics are heavily skewed anyways, having such things as dog attacks and various shootings that are not relevant thrown in the mix. Plus, you are "hoping" you are not a statistical outlier.

Choose what you can make fast and accurate hits with. Not a talisman that is comfortable to carry.

You will get the fight you get, not the one you want to get.

The odds will likely already be against you right from the beginning, so choose wisely.

Mostly bullshit.

The average person carrying a firearm for self-defense is not in the Cop business. They don't have to pick a fight. They can use the threat of lethal force to leave a bad situation.

I don't understand why you completely fail to grasp that a self-defense handgun is carried to get you out of a bad situation - not make an arrest or "save the day". So it is more important for people to have any gun with them as opposed to having the optimum gun.

Now to your points:

Bad guys may not be super rational, but they damn well all seem to know that getting shot is bad ju-ju. And when they get shot, they find it difficult to continue their nefarious ways.

Any gun is a talisman if you don't know how to run it, and, most importantly, if you're not willing to use it (or it is at home in the safe because it is a pain to carry). This "fast and accurate" mantra is misused all the time by [bleep] who can't open their eyes and see that proficiency has little to with the size of the gun.

Rational people pay attention to statistics. Statistics are reality, "what abouts" are bullshit and mental masturbation.

"The best fight is the one you avoid" - said some smart person somewhere, sometime.

Situational awareness trumps handgun choice everytime, without fail.

I worked in a 500+ bed county jail for a decade. Inmates showed me their bullet scars and told me their stories. The most interesting was that they worried less about staring down the barrel of a Cop's gun than a civilian's. But none of them felt bullet proof.

^^^

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 08/13/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54

The $300 Taurus GX4.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

The $300 Taurus GX4.

Cardenas sure looked like a bad ass in shades and a diaper.
😂😂😂😂😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raferman

The $300 Taurus GX4.

Cardenas sure looked like a bad ass in shades and a diaper.
😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Tore ass LMAO

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The dust just settled for now with a Sig P365X on it's way.

Wonder how long the nics check will take on this one? Five days for a bolt action .22 last year.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
But 365/365XL/365X? Which one is the Goldilocks gun?

Since your Goldilocks question is specifically about these three variations of the Sig 365, I would say, in order of my personal preference; 365XL first, 365X a close second and the 365 third.

I like the grip of the X and the XL. The only significant difference that I can see is that the barrel and slide of the XL is 0.6 inches longer than the X.

But I'd be happy with either.

If it wasn't for the fact that today I put a deposit down on a 365 XL Spectre Comp for oh, about twice the money my LGS was asking for the standard XL.

Early birthday present for me.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I personally don’t like the original 365, I’ve tried shooting them several times but i just can’t shoot them accurately. They feel too much like a pocket pistol to me. With that being said ive got a 365xl and I love it, i shoot it better than even most of my full-size guns and it’s fixing to go into the carry rotation. Here lately my main smaller edc has been a Glock 43x, its a great gun. It feels great in the hand and shoots good. If I decide to carry a bigger gun its a Glock 23 but thats rare these days.

Last edited by Nate40; 08/19/22.

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 16Racing, 71 invisible), 3,091 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.