Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Why would anyone buy a product from a company that has been in bankruptcy TWICE. They will have to build a rifle that will compete with a half dozen other companies in every respect and for less money. To me that means BANKRUPTCY 3 TIMES.

BP-B6

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Why would anyone buy a 700 when Tikkas are so far superior in every way ?

Given a choice of the 2 brands, in my case TIKKA wins every time and TIKKA does have wood stocks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ONLY things you Texhens "shoot" are your mouths and fhuqking Imaginations...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Were you to "amass" "all" the spent primers you've "shot" in your "Life",they'd not cover a postage stamp. You Crying CLUELESS Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Why would anyone buy a 700 when Tikkas are so far superior in every way ?

Some people like to support US workers. Some people are uncomfortable buying guns made in countries that severely restrict gun ownership.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The astute(sans Spandex and helmets),garner that RPM and COAL matter. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Sounds like a grand combo of "Admin speak; moreover politician speak"; as contouring the commentary; phrasing as propagandized message!

I love... "- a slightly better, more common grade of steel." The "better" in the eye of the beholder. Likely respective of better profit margins! The "more common grade" as a large signal of such as lower tech alloys; "cheaper materials" the Barnum-speak message! Perhaps components reverting to nothing more than early twentieth century "carbon steel". Such does make for beautiful blue! The same quick cash "acquisition" folks in the wings! Seeking "one born every minute" consumers! Save your new warranty cards for the next TP shortage!

No way gentlemen! Sorry, I haven't read the many Posts of this Thread. My frank apologies. But with the referenced lead in materials, Climate change here manifest as: "snow job in summer!" It's a pity conjuring the Remington of yore! A century plus of firearms. It's material patriotic ventures in both World Wars!

Remington! Become the Firm of definite missteps. Compounded by landmines as falling into the clutches of Twenty First Century Venture Capitalists. Making 'their profits, as discarding the 'shell'. Bankruptcy 'can be' opportunity revived'. But not in a "play it again Sam" context of inferior products at superior prices!

All business & industry reflecting the inherent strains of double digit inflation. Remington, now as nifty 'double speak' terms and slights of hand, playing hard on name recognition and reputation 'of old'. That 'old world is gone for all of us. Forever more. The positive 'new vistas' and challenges! "We can do it. But such involves a frank and stark recognition of what works and what doesn't!

The former mighty Remington Arms, no matter its past eminence and quality products, entitled to respecting the "Do Not Revive" toe tag and a decent. respectful wake. Here's to the great firm that 'was'! RIP!

My take!
John

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Lou_270

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️💩

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My 2008 700 in 308 is a mirror image of my 77 model 700 in 308. They both shoot very well also.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now that variable power scopes are normal and reliable, they need to start work on a variable twist barrel.

🤣

Bruce

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Why would anyone buy a product from a company that has been in bankruptcy TWICE. They will have to build a rifle that will compete with a half dozen other companies in every respect and for less money. To me that means BANKRUPTCY 3 TIMES.

Sigh.....

Remington went bankrupt because their two previous owners borrowed over a billion dollars against Remington, pocketed the money and gave Remington the debt. Little of it was invested back into Remington.
It had nothing to do with Remington's firearms or sales.

The fact that Remington labored almost a decade with that debt is a testament to how well their business was doing.

Anyway,
I wonder how much the new Alpha 1 will cost? $2000? $2500?

A middle of the road, decent quality rifle, sort of like--you know--what Remington was manufacturing in the 70's-90's and what is missing from the rifle world currently.

Like some others, I'm waiting for the SS M700's to appear.

Enough already with the matte/synthetic M700's. Yes, the RemArms matte/synthetic ADL's are a definite improvement, the matte finish on the metal is smoother, the metal to stock fit is good, the bolt cycles smooth, and the 308 my friend has is quite accurate, but still........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bcp
Now that variable power scopes are normal and reliable, they need to start work on a variable twist barrel.

🤣

Bruce

lol.....now there's an idea with merit......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Some decent components on that alpha. It will be interested to see the market price. If the street price is in the range where the Nosler model 21 was initially, it might gain some traction.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by hikerbum
I will try to support them once I start seeing more of the new models. Likely buy one just to say I did. Lets all hope they succeed. We have to support the industry whenever we can.

Yep, I agree completely. I’ve never been a Remington guy, but I will support them with a purchase.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Remington went bankrupt because their two previous owners borrowed over a billion dollars against Remington, pocketed the money and gave Remington the debt. Little of it was invested back into Remington.
It had nothing to do with Remington's firearms or sales.

The fact that Remington labored almost a decade with that debt is a testament to how well their business was doing.

I'm glad you posted this. The Remington haters, and the uninformed "experts" all like to make light of Remington's financial woes, and then try and connect it with the products they made. Nothing could be further from the truth. The holding companies that bought Remington did so because it was a lucrative business, making plenty of money and with a lot of assets. They literally raped Remington and left the company dying in the dust.

Now, to be fair, there was a period of time when Remington's QC slipped, and some crappy stuff got out of their factory, either intentionally, or on purpose. But, who's fault was that...........it was the fault of the people who owned the place, who in their greed for money, didn't care what went out the door, only caring about what went in their bank account. Even in those bad times, Remington was still turning out firearms that were some of the best shooting ones they'd ever produced. I know, because I own some of them.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Some decent components on that alpha. It will be interested to see the market price. If the street price is in the range where the Nosler model 21 was initially, it might gain some traction.

I'll bet it is 1500 or less. They have a higher production capacity then NOsler and apparently they have finally invested in more CNC centers.

THier "RR" prefix guns were well made but came from the factory missing primary extraction.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DLALLDER

RemArms has never been bankrupt.

H
OP Offline
H
I’m glad to see that most of you want to see and realize that Remington doing well is good for firearms.

As many of you realize, it does NOT make sense to equate Cerberus held Remington with current Remington BECAUSE Cerberus was making different decisions than current Remington.

It’s NOT puffery as the changes they are making are real. The examples we are seeing are well built, well functioning, and accurate rifles. Real life experience matters with the actual new rifles, rather than guesses and emotions from a rocking chair.

For example, my new ADL has the bolt timed such that there is a gap of .009-to-.010 between the front of bolt and rear of action. You can clearly see that it is making proper engagement with cammimg surfaces. The irony here is that my 30-06 BDL Custom Deluxe from 1992 is way out of spec compared to it. And don’t get me wrong, I appreciate nice bluing and own other rifles with it. They did make some new CDL 30-06 that are available. I would imagine more configurations/cartridges will be on the way as they’ve been slowing trickling out.

Last edited by hinesf4i; 08/14/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by iskra
Sounds like a grand combo of "Admin speak; moreover politician speak"; as contouring the commentary; phrasing as propagandized message!

I love... "- a slightly better, more common grade of steel." The "better" in the eye of the beholder. Likely respective of better profit margins! The "more common grade" as a large signal of such as lower tech alloys; "cheaper materials" the Barnum-speak message! Perhaps components reverting to nothing more than early twentieth century "carbon steel". Such does make for beautiful blue! The same quick cash "acquisition" folks in the wings! Seeking "one born every minute" consumers! Save your new warranty cards for the next TP shortage!

Actually sounds like the opposite to me. From the article posted about the Alpha 1:

The barrel steel has been changed to the correct properties that a barrel should have. In the past, Remington was more concerned with how fast they could make a barrel and how long the tooling would last.

Sounds like a pretty frank admission to me...and like it is an improvement. Reading the article, I really like the way the new ownership is forthcoming about how in the past the quality pooch has been screwed.

hinesf4i and anyone else who has one of the new rifles, would you gents mind posting some pictures?

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've owned three RR 700s and must have had the only three that didn't have any issues with primary extraction. I've heard about it but never seen or experienced the issue. I thought the RR guns were well made and timed the way they ought to be. No issues with mine except one: my 700 BDL in .270 would leave a nasty scratch on the spent cases. I bought a flex-hone and oil and solved that issue easily.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My 725SA ain't so bad, either.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
178 members (12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.