Campfire Outfitter
A
Let’s see those Brutes ..

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Give em a week, only two days into it and pretty warm, 76 in Bareflanks today, big Otis is still up high.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ugly weather so far we had 1 day this week without bad weather in SC AK

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Since the numbers are WAY down, I think I've seen from 25/75% down varying, plus the bad weather, I suspect won't be many pics period.

I know my boss cut his hunt numbers way back due to loss of mature rams.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
My kid shot one on the youth hunt. A bit past full curl on one side and broomed on the other. We saw 13 rams, two were legal. There were also several bands of ewes, but not a single lamb among them.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son's on on the DS-165 hunt. Not seeing much so far.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile. Nothing yet!! I just may beg off anyway as my left leg has been swelling up daily and going downhill requires more concentration than climbing uphill,

I tend to use more than enough gun
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Opening day ram as he lay.

Attached Images
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by waterrat
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile.

My son's doing this one on the cheap. Hiking off the Hwy down in the far SE quadrant. Near Thompson Pass.

When I flew into 160 last year for my hunt, Mike Meekins said that there was a real whopper taken in 165, not sure if it was 2020 or 21. Gov's tag maybe?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I couldn't hunt bison or sheep this year. Just me personally. They need a break. Rules will give em that break as will nature IE you won't see that many.

Sucks seeing no lambs. I"ve not heard a report from our guys yet. last fall we still saw lambs there was just an age class of rams missing already from the previous bad winter and one X years before that IIRC. At my age I try to avoid sheep guiding but will if called upon.

Still have it in me to do one for me maybe one year but those years are closing quickly.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My knee kept me from going this year. I help a local kid a lot. He constantly borrows gear from me. Right now he has my tent, two spotters, a tripod and he was working for Dan Montgomery. He guided his client to a 161.5 in [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
I owe an apology to Akglenn4now. Two nights ago I had a legitimate 168-170 inch ram 450 yards from the road but I had no sheep rifle and no tag.

The pictures are from an IPhone but it makes me sick.[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by kaboku68; 08/14/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't get much time to scout this year and didn't have anything spotted pre-season. I had one weekend to actually sheep hunt this year and with today pissing rain and totally socked in, that basically made it one day for a realistic hunt, which was yesterday. I drove home this morning in the rain instead of hunting due to the fog.

17.3 miles hiked total yesterday. I had these 3 small rams at about 1000 yards. The back two will be legal in a few years. No legal rams were spotted, but that is OK. I may try to squeeze another weekend sheep hunt in over Labor Day if it is hot out, as I do not want to mess with a dead moose in any kind of heat.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
akrange Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by kaboku68
My knee kept me from going this year. I help a local kid a lot. He constantly borrows gear from me. Right now he has my tent, two spotters, a tripod and he was working for Dan Montgomery. He guided his client to a 161.5 in [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
I owe an apology to Akglenn4now. Two nights ago I had a legitimate 168-170 inch ram 450 yards from the road but I had no sheep rifle and no tag.

The pictures are from an IPhone but it makes me sick.[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by kaboku68

I’ve hunted with Dan two times .. I hope I draw again before I die so I can Hunt with Him One more Time..

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Thys came on part time but worships Dan and is on his second gig for him with an archery hunter. I don’t think Thys will have to borrow gear anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile.

Cool story... its against the law to scout for sheep during the season. Who's the pilot breaking the law? Plenty of f9lks would be interested to know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two taken out of DCUA thus far.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bambistew

Cool story... its against the law to scout for sheep during the season. Who's the pilot breaking the law? Plenty of f9lks would be interested to know.

There's lots of reasons to be in the air other than scouting. I don't drive around scouting for moose, but I happen to see them now and again while in my truck.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Name is Jose Jimenez

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

What makes you think he is breaking the law?

Be specific.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was a proposal that passed back in 2015 that made the scouting of dall sheep by airplane during the season illegal.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 24 invisible), 1,793 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,176
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.