Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.hotfire.co.za/

Patrick and Ryan are the Outfitters/PHs. They will look after you and you will have a good time.

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by M3taco
Namibia does have some pretty good sight-seeing. Etosha NP up in the NW, the Skeleton Coast with Swakopmund/Walvis Bay kind of in the center of that. Farther S is Sossusvlei and farther S yet is the second largest canyon on the planet, Fish River Canyon. LOVE Namibia but the down side as far as sight-seeing, you've pretty much got to self-drive and remember, the country is just a little smaller than the State of TX.

Windhoek to Etosha NP is about 6hrs. WDH to Swakopmund is about 5hrs. Fish River Canyon almost 9. WDH to the entry of the Caprivi strip is 600 miles then another FULL days drive to Vic Falls. Flying between those areas isn't really practical because they are usually only one or two flts a day and most require you to hub back to and out of WDH.

If you've read my posts about the the hunting in Namibia and the effect the prolonged drought has had on game numbers AND domestic livestock, most the country will hold good shootable game but, it will be a hard hunt. The VAST majority of hunting lands there is low-fence with a few high fence operators here and there. Most high fence ops there start around 20k acres and up. Largest private game reserve is Erindi, just a few hours N of WDH. It's somewhere around 100k acres. Was recently bought by a wealthy Mexican, I think.

If you've only got a few days to add at the end and taking a spouse, think about finishing it off for 3-4 days in Vic Falls. There are some terrific hotels there but, got to say the Victoria Falls Hotel is where I'd recommend. Central to everything and like most there, their concierge service can sort out a whole host of day trips and evening activities and SAFE. IF you really want to get sick of seeing elephant, just stay in Vic Falls and day trip to the N. end of Chobe NP in Botswana.

Shona that I mentioned above included all travel and meals in our 14 days there seeing that bolded above as well as hunting on their property that holds elephant, lion and leopard. We basically did the 14 day combo for two.

https://www.africanhuntingnamibia.com/specials/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In Namibia, I'd recommend Kowas. Very nice family owned and run, with great accommodations in private chalets and lots of land and animals. Ansi will take your wife to town for shopping and sight-seeing.

Last edited by Biebs; 08/09/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you have time, I would strongly recommend that you attend the SCI and DSC conventions. You can talk to many outfitters and booking agents to see what situation offers the most bang for the buck and experience/species you're after. There are hundreds of choices possible.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you all! Very excited and looking to hunt 2023 or 2024.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Esox357
Looking at Namibia. Love to do Kruger or similiar. Thanks M3taco and rest of you guys! I tried to email Limcroma but it keeps giving me an error message. I'll try back later.

Go to namibia and do a side trip to Etosha....M3Taco and set you up.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by gunner500
PM The Big Game Hunter right here at the campfire.

His PH's will meet you right there at the airport

Walk you through customs to get your guns

Load your gear into the car

Take you to camp

Work their asses off all hunt long to get you your animals

Take you back to the airport

And when the hunt is over and they have your money, they wont kick you and your gear out in the airport parking lot, they'll walk you back through customs to check your guns, then take you to a restaurant and feed you whatever you like, walk you to your departure gate, shake your hand like a man and bid you safe travels

Those guys never leave your side and do a hell of a job on it ALL!

I'm headed back for hunt number three with them very soon. cool

Thanks Jerry! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Looking at taking the plunge in next year or 2 to go to Africa to hunt plains game. Which outfitter and area should I look at. Thanks.

going my first time in a couple of weeks.....I think a good idea is figure what the most you want to spend all in is...deduct travel cost...tips...new gear....taxidermy etc.

see what is left ...see what that gets you.....in my case its working out to about 3 times what the "hunt cost" is. bob

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looking at Namibia. Love to do Kruger or similiar. Thanks M3taco and rest of you guys! I tried to email Limcroma but it keeps giving me an error message. I'll try back later.

Kowas Hunting Safaris. An absolutely can't miss outfitter.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by The_Big_Game_Hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
PM The Big Game Hunter right here at the campfire.

His PH's will meet you right there at the airport

Walk you through customs to get your guns

Load your gear into the car

Take you to camp

Work their asses off all hunt long to get you your animals

Take you back to the airport

And when the hunt is over and they have your money, they wont kick you and your gear out in the airport parking lot, they'll walk you back through customs to check your guns, then take you to a restaurant and feed you whatever you like, walk you to your departure gate, shake your hand like a man and bid you safe travels

Those guys never leave your side and do a hell of a job on it ALL!

I'm headed back for hunt number three with them very soon. cool

Thanks Jerry! Looking forward to seeing you again.

You're most welcome Sir, I'm kicking on the barn stall door ready to go now! wink

Trump Won!
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
I am no expert but over years checking hunt reports I find that Tanzania has lots of really wild plains game.Zimbabwe not so much-almost nil.Mokore safaris in Mozambique is full of plains game.It is an area where game was reintroduced and they have done a good job of with water and anti poaching so much that you will see plains game falling from the sky.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
2nd on Kowas adventures safaris, just got back today from being there 12 days.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by upper_deck
2nd on Kowas adventures safaris, just got back today from being there 12 days.

I'll look forward to your report. The Straus family are world class and so is the hunting. Hope they are all doing well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by swiftshot
I am no expert but over years checking hunt reports I find that Tanzania has lots of really wild plains game.Zimbabwe not so much-almost nil.Mokore safaris in Mozambique is full of plains game.It is an area where game was reintroduced and they have done a good job of with water and anti poaching so much that you will see plains game falling from the sky.

I saw lots of plains game when I hunted Zimbabwe in the Save with Mokore. Plenty of buffalo as well.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Where did you get your info on Zim regarding plains game as it is wrong?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by bowmanh

I saw lots of plains game when I hunted Zimbabwe in the Save with Mokore. Plenty of buffalo as well.

If you don't mind hunting fenced areas then you could hunt the Save and the Bubye Valley Conservancy.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by EdM

No it's not.Where in Zim can you hunt and see lots of truly wild plains game?

Last edited by swiftshot; 08/14/22.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by EdM

There were no fences in the Gwaai when I hunted Zim and I saw an assortment of plains game.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by EdM

There were no fences in the Gwaai when I hunted Zim and I saw an assortment of plains game.

Gwaii?? Where's that?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by EdM

Gwaii?? Where's that?

It looks like there are different spellings for it, Google maps has it as the Gwayi...at any rate it borders on Hwange National Park.About 90 km north and west of Bulawayo.

Last edited by ingwe; 08/14/22.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.