Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
My dad died last month. My sister and I have been going through my mom and dads house which isn't fun. My mom and dad were children of depression parents so you know what we're going through. One fun part of that is going through the old toys of mine that were stored in the attic. (Toys in the Attic)

I've come across a few things, not a ton, but its fun to remember what was there. One thing that I found was a GI Joe from the late 60's to early 70's. He isn't too abused since I liked playing with the Johnny West stuff more than the GI Joe stuff.

One fun toy that still works is a Thunder Shift 500 Hotwheels race track. I'd say that it's been about 40-45 years since I set it up and played with it. Today my grandsons were over. I pulled it out of the box, cleaned all the mouse debris from it and set it up. The couple of Hotwheels that we have around the house weren't cutting it so we went to the big Kroger down the road and bought some appropriate cars.

I've still got the touch.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by IZH27; 08/13/22.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Air Jammer Cycle Scrambler

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Could be worth some bucks to collectors.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I never had one of those. I do have an Evil Kinevil wind up motorcycle. I'll have to dig through and see what all's left of it. The back tire is gone, dead of heat exhaustion. I'm not sure if old Evil survived or not. I'm hoping he's alive at the bottom of one of the boxes.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Had a Sizzler's set with the wide oval as a kid. My car was faster than my brother's, he used to get so pissed.

Great times, mom and dad sacrificed a lot to give us kids some happiness. Where did all the time go.

IC B2

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Had a Sizzler's set with the wide oval as a kid. My car was faster than my brother's, he used to get so pissed.

Great times, mom and dad sacrificed a lot to give us kids some happiness. Where did all the time go.

True words.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used to set all my stuff on fire, incorporating it into epic plastic army men Armageddon type battles.

Stretch Armstrong paid dearly for siding with the Axis powers.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I had a little pyro in me too. Seems that all of my model cars were severely deconstructed with lots of burn marks everywhere.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Are those the same tracks mom used to whip me with?

Bb

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Lol.

Ahhh.

Yes!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh hell

Mama beat me with hot wheels raceway, electric race car track, Dr Shoals wooden clog, flip flops, that rubber ball- ping pong paddle thing. Snap the rubber cord and viola a new ass whippin paddle, fly swatters, wooden spoons

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a Thundershift but a different one.

I've got my Dad's 1952 Lionel Train set and 1956 Western Flyer X-53.

Several other toys that the parents and grandparents saved.

Grandson played with my Playskool building blocks when we was a toddler. Put away again for next grandkid.

And yes Mom got a call from her sister that she discovered the orange HW tracks were great for smacking my cousins butts. Mom preferred Dad's belt on the occasion or two I needed some guidence.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had the orange track set... First car was a Teal 68/9 vette, Also had the "King Cuda"... Don't remember the rest... A kid at school had that big "Mag Wheel" case full of cars... Thought his parents must'a been millionaires lol...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started a bit of an obsession with Hot Wheels after I got a small setup and a couple of cars for my birthday in 1969.

For Christmas, I got the Grand Prix layout

[Linked Image]

It had dual/dual Superchargers that sat at the center of dual figure-8 tracks.

The last time I set it up was in the mid-90s for my two sons. Neither one was particularly impressed.

That particular layout was devilishly hard to fine tune. I don't think I ever got through a 100 lap race without cars sailing off into space.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never got into it, I was a hardcore slot car kinda kid.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com][Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We had the Snake and Mongoose drag race set. Don Prudome and Tom McEwen were race heroes at the time.

Then slot cars, 1/32nd and HO took over the basement for several years. Good times!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had one of them same exact toys. Played with it for hours at a time too.
Once you developed a rhythm on there, you could do it in your sleep.
What gets me is the Hot Wheels cars collectors value. I had a pile, Mom always got us a coupe when she went shopping every week.
When my older brother had kids, I gave them to my nieces and nephews.
I remember seeing them in the sandbox and pushed into the yard by the mower.
Years later, I visited a collector store in the mall. Those same damn cars were priced $15 to $20 apiece!!
By the way, I’ve got a suitcase full of the 1/64 Racing Champions car and haulers from the early 90s. Are they worth anything?
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by colodog
We had the Snake and Mongoose drag race set. Don Prudome and Tom McEwen were race heroes at the time.

Then slot cars, 1/32nd and HO took over the basement for several years. Good times!

I had this same drag race set. Kept my cars in a match box car fold out suitcase carrier. Most of my cars were matchbox and I gave everything to my nephew who was about 8 years younger than me.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was upset I couldn't get a left handed bolt on my ricochet racers launcher, but I still had fun!!

Ricochet racers on target....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

90 members (35, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, Ashworth, 160user, 41rem, 11 invisible), 984 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,501
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.