Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
besides N dakota , is there any state Californians have not [bleep] up ?

Can't speak for the rest of them, but Wyoming is now totally FUBAR. If I didn't already live here, I would never even think about moving here.

[Linked Image]
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by tikkanut
sorry fur your badd Utah experiences

yes great place.......taxes high...tax your SS benefits......

Church runs the politics......sends the missionaries out to visit

highest gas prices in the nation......property taxes keep going ^^^^^^^^

But after 42 yrs....I'll finish out my remaining years here

I know places people would give their right nut to visit & see

Oh yea....mittens lives here somewhere upstate...he'll be gone soon

Hope he moves back east ........MA...CT who cares

Moving here ? Bring your own water......we have no extra......really !

Pic....some of the local boys

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Please send water, tikka - our town is down below a 50 day supply.
EPA says don't drink it. The ash from the fire has made it unsafe - and the town isn't capable of filtering out the ash and mud from the flash floods.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
As the story was told to me one morning the folks in Grand Jct, Co woke up to a homeless problem thanks to SLC

The throngs of skinny homeless guys I seen while passing through Grand Junction last week surprised me so much I snapped a photo of a few before the light changed, the whole downtown park was full of them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Those aren’t homeless; they’re drug addicts who have given everything the feed the beast! Democrats insist on mislabeling them in order to perpetuate the public/private money laundering scam they have going that doesn’t do a damned thing but enrich themselves and their cronies.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the last picture is only about a mile or so from where I am going to be moving to next year.

Oqurre (??) Mountains, over by Tooele, as seen here from the shores of the diminishing Salt Lake. Dunno if Mormons just liked to spell things funny back then.

Higher up, no motors.

A place where people went four-wheeling, mtn biking, hiking, riding, shooting in the evenings after work. So far no trash or extreme YeeHaw problems that I saw.

County land I was told tho, so I dunno if it could go under for development.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 79S
As the story was told to me one morning the folks in Grand Jct, Co woke up to a homeless problem thanks to SLC

True story, before the Olympics SLC rounded them up and sent them, by bus, to Grand Junction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's plenty Californians left we will be there shortly to fuqk your state up. LOL

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
On a different note....

This is where that choir sings from, turns out it’s called the Tabernacle (the Temple is under renovation, not very photogenic).

Took the tour of Temple Square once. Remember getting a card from the guide to fill out if we wanted to know more about the LDS church.

Sat in those pews in the tabernacle filling out my buddy's vitals on that card.

He still hopes I go to Mormon Hell for that... wink

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the last picture is only about a mile or so from where I am going to be moving to next year.

Oqurre (??) Mountains, over by Tooele, as seen here from the shores of the diminishing Salt Lake. Dunno if Mormons just liked to spell things funny back then.

probably ute/paiute/goshute word.

Or from OT/BoM

Either a safe bet in Utah

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty place, but pick up a SLC paper and read the front page.
All one needs to know about the direction of that place. Gross.The state that wants to be liberal hell hole Oregon more and more each day.

No thanks.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oquirrh is Goshute for “wood sitting” Tooele is Paiute for “beautiful flower” - or so I was told. That pic with the horses is Bates Canyon. If you know where to look, there’s some petroglyphs only a stone’s throw from there on a small outcrop. I came across them dove hunting there a few years back.

Tooele county has/had the second most guns per capita. I believe the winner was Campbell county, WY

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lol.... bunch guys crying "we're full don't come here" are transplants themselves ....lmao.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Last Utah pics. Heading out in the direction of Hatch NM took me through Arches and Canyonlands country and Moab, didn’t stop, was on a tight schedule.

I did pull over to take a photo of Wilson’s Arch, visible from the road, I’m sure there are better ones.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by hardway
Lol.... bunch guys crying "we're full don't come here" are transplants themselves ....lmao.
You nailed it. Varmint Guy, for example, escaped Puget Sound mega metro area with a cop pension..now he is a mountain man holding into the wind...and there is a lot of wind.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last Utah pics. Heading out in the direction of Hatch NM took me through Arches and Canyonlands country and Moab, didn’t stop, was on a tight schedule.

that should have brought you down close to 4 corners and Shiprock, get any pictures?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So true about transplants. Very few of the old guys were born and raised where they currently reside yet they feel entitled to control further imports into their towns. I was actually concerned about this issue when contemplating our future move north but after worrying about it for awhile I came to the very same conclusion. Those that I was most concerned with placating were some of the newest transplants while the ones that lived there for decades or longer were more welcoming. I asked a couple of the long term, lifetime guy’s their opinions concerning my plans and they told me that I had as much right as anyone else to do as I pleased and that I should just ignore the hypocrites and loudmouths. I was rather surprised at their comments but they were most definitely welcome words.

I can understand why no right-minded conservative would want douchey liberals moving into their state, county or locale. Liberals destroy everything they come into contact with so keeping them out is a logical step in self-preservation but conservatives shouldn’t alienate other conservatives.imo

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore

that should have brought you down close to 4 corners and Shiprock, get any pictures?

Passed by the Four Corners turnoff, dunno about Shiprock 🙂 I mean I saw some impressive formations in Navajo country, Shiprock may have been one of them.

I did take two photos crossing that big rez...

and....

Them Navajos have about taken over the AM airwaves, dunno about FM, I was just passing through.

Rock n’ Roll oldies, Country classics, they were playing some good tunes. There was even a Radio Evangelist station and maybe a talk radio station too, I dunno, couldn’t understand it 🙂

Spoken Navajo sounded really soft, not hard to listen to, only word I recognized was Ya-t-hey, from the movies.

I did get that the big National Powwow in Gallup was underway, 100th anniversary, I passed through Gallup, but with dogs in the pickup didn’t try to stop in, didn’t have much daylight left anyway.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hardway

Meh, nothing wrong with transplants necessarily. The problem is the ones that move here to take advantage of the lower cost housing became they want to escape the loonacy that’s California; then they bitchh constantly about it not being like the screwed up place they left and wanting to turn us into their previous schithole!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Passed by the Four Corners turnoff, dunno about Shiprock 🙂 I mean I saw some impressive formations in Navajo country, Shiprock may have been one of them.

I did take two photos crossing that big rez...

and....

Them Navajos have about taken over the AM airwaves, dunno about FM, I was just passing through.

Rock n’ Roll oldies, Country classics, they were playing some good tunes. There was even a Radio Evangelist station and maybe a talk radio station too, I dunno, couldn’t understand it 🙂

Spoken Navajo sounded really soft, not hard to listen to, only word I recognized was Ya-t-hey, from the movies.

I did get that the big National Powwow in Gallup was underway, 100th anniversary, I passed through Gallup, but with dogs in the pickup didn’t try to stop in, didn’t have much daylight left anyway.

Probably got KTNN- 660 AM can hear it most anywhere on the Rez.

If you drove from Moab to Gallup, you pretty much had to go through the town of Shiprock, and near by the rock of Shiprock.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tony Hillerman country. Good reading, some may disagree.
It's just fiction.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,490
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.