Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Friend told me that when going to his FFL to pickup a handgun, he was refused because he was not a resident of the state the FFL was in ?

Something new ?

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope ... handgun transfers among FFLs are different than long guns.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New since 1968

What fresh Hell is this?
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
How different ?
This is not FFL to FFL. This is FFL to buyer.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As was said, been that way since 1968. Where have you been?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
As far as plants go this guy is a mongoloid.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your friend's FFL should have told him that before he "crossed state lines", and your friend could have had the gun shipped to a dealer in his own state.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Friend told me that when going to his FFL to pickup a handgun, he was refused because he was not a resident of the state the FFL was in ?

Something new ?

How was it "his" FFL if he wasn't in his home state?

Any FFL I use to pickup a firearm is in my same town if possible, or State of my residence at least.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Home is where your LGS is....everybody knows that.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Something new ?

How was it "his" FFL if he wasn't in his home state?

Any FFL I use to pickup a firearm is in my same town if possible, or State of my residence at least.
You believe in 2A?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How different ?
This is not FFL to FFL. This is FFL to buyer.

I'm a resident of Alaska, I cannot buy a pistol in person in the lower 48 period. I have to, have it shipped to an FFL up here in Alaska to complete the transaction. So your buddy will have to have pistol he is trying to buy shipped to an ffl in his home state.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I commonly use dealers in both WV and VA for receiving long gun purchases from online sources. Handguns are treated differently and must be transferred by a dealer in your state of residence.

If you’d care to slog through the online regs to verify this, or disprove it, have at it. The answer will be the same.

Tip: Don’t make decisions that can land you in jail based on internet expertise, or word of mouth.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stophel
Home is where your LGS is....everybody knows that.
Yep, closest, cheapest ffl is my choice. Figured it was everybody's

Romans 5:1
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Why is your friend out of his state?

There may be a way out if he has a residence in 2 states.

Bruce

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It’s legal for you to take possession of a handgun shipped to a FFL in your state of residence no matter where it is shipped from or by whom. Your home state FFL is the one doing the required checks.

Edit: Not “you” personally but anyone. A handgun may not be obtained outside your state of residence.

Last edited by shootem; 08/13/22.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well gooooolly, I thought the ban on out of state purchases applied to all guns, not just handguns.

Prob’ly saved some money over the years.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I buy them wherever I want.......

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a revolver new when I was in the service at Ft Lewis WA. It was sold through the post PX, but had it been an off post FFL Holder, I wouldn’t have been able to do so without changing my legal residence from PA to WA. Come to think of it, if I were caught by law enforcement carrying it, I might get in trouble, maybe even lose possession.
Same way now, with my handguns, for me to legally possess even an heirloom, it must be done through an FFL.
They won’t admit to it, but it is in fact a backdoor registration process. The state tracks them, and no doubt the feds as well.
Were I to die, the handguns I own would have to be transferred to Ben through an FFL, even if he were a resident of PA.
Now take note.
In most states, private sales of long guns, rifles, shotguns, even deadly defense rifles with box magazines and evil stuff like a pistol grip and a semi automatic action are able to be legally sold between friends and neighbors, even across state lines.
This is called a private sale of property. Just like selling a TV or a microwave.
The state, and therefore the feds, cannot track these guns.
There’s no such thing as “the gunshow loophole”. That term was made up by politicians who want to limit your right to defend yourself and your family from them.
Keep this in mind when you hear that term.
Anything going through a licensed dealer can be, and most definitely is, being tracked.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unless you are Active Duty Military and you have a letter from your Command, handguns must be purchased in the state that issued you an ID

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
639 members (12344mag, 257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 71 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,666
Posts18,399,365
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.