Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
She chased me across the parking lot in 11th grade toward my Dodge Powerwagon, like some lost golden retriever

She was wanting me to go to prom with her. That pork chop tied around her neck sealed the deal.

GB1

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Met mine at a Barnes & Noble book store in Hampton Roads VA when I was stationed there. I went in to buy a copy of the Double Gun Journal magazine and saw this cute little blonde looking at some medical books. The rest is history.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We met in 1986 in the Ramsey County Detox in St. Paul Minnesota been together ever since.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, we were stationed on the same ship, a submarine tender (USS Holland AS-32) out of Charleston, SC and we met at a ship's 4th of July picnic. A friend of ours introduced us, that was back in 1987, she got out when her hitch was up and we married a week later at the base chapel there at the Naval Weapons Station in Goose Creek. Of course now, we wish she had stayed in and we were double dipping on .mil retirements now, but...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We will not comment on my first wife. A total disaster. Just to keep it simple, her family hated my guts and my family hate her guts. Never had a chance although we did have about 3.5 years and two kids. I treat it as an unforgetable bad dream.

About a tear after the divorce I'm at work at the Post Office and I look across the room and this very pretty woman was staring at me. To be honest I stared back. I I saw she had a couple of mail bags full I went over and put them on the appropriate dolly. I said Hi and she said high back. I got lucky and snaagged her at lunch and we talked Turns out she's married with three kids. Separated from one hell of dirtbag husband who when they were together would bring his girl friend over and sleep with her. I found out she had to catch a bus to come and go to work so I started picking her up and taking her home. Well her old man got upset about that arrangement and threatened to do her and the kids in. She had family in Nevada so I sent her to be with them until things cooled down. I quit my job and moved to Nevada and we moved in together. Between us she finally got enough money to divorce the bum. A week later we got married. We had 52 glorious years together although the last three were rough. On March 12, 2019 she passed from the effects od Alzheimer's disease. I still miss her.
PJ

Last edited by PJGunner; 08/14/22.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
High School 41 years ago

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Met my 1st wife in college. 33 years before cancer got her. Met my current one on a Christian online dating site. Sometimes those sites actually do work. 14 years now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Blind date 52 years ago. Still the one!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Church

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
County Jail.. was doing 20 mph over speed limit....

she was one of the guards... let me break out....

If I didn't go out with her and then marry her, she said she would turn me in...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Met in basic training, both active duty. Married half way through my tech school. Finally got assigned together 6 months later. We were told it wouldn't last but it is still a great journey, 51+ years ago.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blind date, a friend of mine from school was dating her sister and set us up on a double date. Shoulda shot him. Nah, he's been my brother in law since 1985.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
While working at a blood drive, she dropped off her business card while leaving as told me to call her if I needed insurance.

Married 9 years this month and together for 16. Daughter turned 6 yesterday. Time flies.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I met my wife at a highschool beer party at a classmates house. She was a freshman and there with my little brother who was maybe 8th grade?. I had a drivers liscense maybe 16? Been 43 years now and hes on his second wife and I’m still on his first girlfriend😬

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here on the campfire, DeFlave loves me.

Haha

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Met my current wife after being divorced from the first "train wreck" for 5 years. I was buying a house and needed to arrange for insurance. Walked into local insurance agency office and there she was. Seemed impressive. Decided I needed additional information about some nonsense potential issue and dropped in again the next day. Hmm... out to lunch. No, sorry, I could not let anyone else help me. Came back again in about an hour and asked her about some nonsense and got a quizical, but friendly response. After a bit of friendly small talk and having established that she was also single, I managed to get a phone number if I should have any additional questions after office hours. We will have been married for 33 years next month. Also living in the same house I was then buying.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
met her ice skating [ picked on girls that were having trouble ] married 2 years later, gave me 3 great kids, she died from cancer complications a week befor our 48 anniversary , that was 6 years ago,

Looking for another one gem but hard to find.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She was the younger sister of a good college friend and came to the same college - hardly knew her for quite a while, except that she worked the breakfast counter in the dining hall and made some nice wisecrack every time I encountered her there.

A couple of years later, and out of the blue, she invited me on a hayride - Sadie Hawkins type event put on by her literary sorority. We had a very enjoyable ride, cookout and evening - for desert she fed me s'mores until I was stuffed. The ride back to the college was even nicer.

From that evening on, we became more and more close and were married within a year. That was 63 years ago. Four lovely and precious daughters with the best wife imaginable.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Personal ads in the local newspaper. Pre-innanet.

No joke.

Married 27 years.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bus on the way to elementary school, I've known her since the 3rd grade. Worked together at Fred Meyer in high school and started dating. Married 34.5 years.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.