Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
The first rifle I built - I’ve taken it to 2 shoots, the blast, and this weekends IBS at Vapor valley trail.
She’s running good - I really need to tune the load I have to see what she can really do, but it’s coming tougher rather well.
Gordy’s a really good teacher…

Next -
My bench LT gun will be done this fall, Ronnie just told me my stock’s done - I’m still waiting on my Bat B action

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well done....congrats! It's always satisfying when projects like yours deliver the goods.

I'm sure you'll like your new BAT. There's a few areas that need attention paid to right out of the box. No doubt you're aware of those, though. wink

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I ruined it for myself a tad - that was my first real IBS shoot, and I got the highest Tactical rifle score (someone else took group).

Still put a smile on my face.

I’m standing on a lot of broad shoulders getting there..

Jim Bauer gave me some tips on glass, and tuning loads… that I REALLY need to do

Carol Lance gave me some great tips on rests and how a rifle rides / drags on the bags..

Not to mention Gordy who taught me how to spec reamers, and build rifles… Richard Schatz has taught me quiet a few things… hell there are so many of those guys teaching me things I don’t think I could put them all down…. TomE taught me something new about mirage in his way… a bit of a character that one is.

Great bunch of guys - I feel privillaged to shoot with them.

We did have a Heavy Gun match where the wind just switched heavily IMMEDIATELY following the “record fire” command - it pushed half the shooters off the paper - DANG that was a hard lesson …. I happened to be shooting a second target for Tactical on that really because someone donated a few shots on my first target - also fun !!

Last edited by Spotshooter; 08/14/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,112
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.