Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Looks like the feds figured out they weren't fascisting hard enough. What they can't get through parliament fast enough with their NDP lapdogs, they'll impose by fiat.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/canada-to-temporarily-ban-import-of-handguns

"“Given that nearly all our handguns are imported, this means that we’re bringing our national handgun freeze even sooner,” Mendicino said. “From that moment forward, the number of handguns in Canada will only go down.” (wishful thinking)

"Government trade data shows Canada imported $26.4 million worth of pistols and revolvers between January and June — a 52% increase compared to the same period last year."

I'll bet 90% of that increase has been since their May announcement of their ban.

Handgun transfers used to take less than 2 weeks, often just a few days. I'm now on week 6 of the wait for 2 transfers I initiated in June and I'm sure the backlog is only getting longer.

This move by the gov't 1. stops the run on handguns they created and 2. relieves the pressure on the Chief Firearms Office from the backlog. I wonder what they'll do with all that staff once they've established their utopia.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thinking the backlog at the registry is intentional, will last until fall when the ban on purchase of restricted guns gets legislated into law. All the folks who bought handguns recently but haven't been able to register them will then be owners of unregistered restricted guns and will never get possession of them.

They're screwing over legal owners, meanwhile doing nothing about illegal black market importation and sales. knowing gun crimes won't change or most likely continue to increase. Thus justifying going after our unrestricted long arms. Gun owners are being played.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bushrat
Gun owners are being played.

So are the voters who have been duped into believing this laws will actually make a difference.

This is not about saving lives. This is about being re-elected.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our Country has been taken over by a foreign entity and they are herding us like sheep. They don't even try to hide their lies, hard to believe people fall for their deceit.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never known or heard of any crime, murder, shooting of anyone by a legally owned handgun around here, ever.

IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
the politicians we have are not different whatever the parties they belong to.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Classic Trudeau -- taking heat over inflation, gas tax, Joly's performance or lack thereof, is hated in Canada -- PEI incident at the pup he stopped in as an example, NS shooting scandal is pointing directly at him, Bill Blair and the Liberal RCMP commissioner so he needs a deflection ---- gun owners are easy to kick around and get good press out of doing it.

This is the worst government Canada has ever had with the absolute worst Prime Minister. Propped up by an NDP government that is supporting bad government and corruption from the same.

Just sickening that we have 2 1/2 more years of this.

Hugh
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Your government will have as much success banning handgun imports as we had banning liquor imports in the '30s.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Minister of Immigration's goal is 1,000,000 Muslims/ year.
500,000 couple each have 8 kids, who become 4 couples having 8 kids.

Do the math, Canada Muslim in 2-3 generations.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Whoever votes for the traitorous cancers like Trudeau and the others like him, are literally killing Canada!

What is wrong with you fools?

Sadly, those who voted for Obama, Biden are doing the same to America!😡

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 08/15/22.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B3

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I would love to give you Canadians a little crap but we have our own problems to deal with. I’m only 10 miles or so from the border here in N.D. And used to go up fairly often. The Covid bs stopped that because I refused to get the jab.
Anyway good luck to you but I’m afraid you and the USA are fighting the same battle. Edk

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
You are correct EDK, we are up against the same foe. More Canadians vote Conservative than for the Liberals, however due to our electoral system the party that wins the most seats (ridings) gets to form the government. Currently, we have the Liberals under Trudeau with a minority government, they are being propped up by an equally leftist party, the New Democratic Party. Until we can get a new Conservative leader in place to defeat Trudeau’s Liberals in 2 years we conservative Canadians have little input on the absurd management of our economy and country. Sound familiar?

Nick

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Sorry Nick but it's all over for you folks.

With the minister of immigration bringing in 1,000,000 refugees (aka Muslims) per year, their breeding rate will ensure Canada ( as UK and Europe) will be Muslim dominated countries in 2 generations.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Minister of Immigration's goal is 1,000,000 Muslims/ year.

Have you got a source for this number?

Do they bring in people based on their religious beliefs now? Look what happened to the FN peoples here in Canada when they were invaded by Europeans and more recently England with all the muslims there.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Canadian immigration numbers are closer to 300,000 per year. We take in many groups and not just Muslim immigrants. We are somewhat into the weeds here as the original post was criticizing the Liberals ban on handgun imports. Most likely because handgun sales have jumped to an unprecedented level since Trudeau announced further restrictions on handguns. Justin Trudeau Canadian handgun sales person of the year.

Nick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As a former US Immigration(ICE) Special Agent and Army LtCol, I Think our firearms policies
in North America are being actively threatened. Much help would come from filling our Federal prisons
with errant politicians while returning mental health inmates to institutions rather than letting them
into the general population.

We will have continuing issues from politicians funded by Soros. The Brits ran him out of GB.
An arrest warrant and deportation to Hungary would help him re-focus his priorities.

Plato said that when good men fail to take an interest in political affairs, they may come to be ruled by evil men. True.
Don't look back and wish that you had done more. Buy it now, vote early and often. REMEMBER: Election fraud may kill your civil rights.

(My last visit to Canada near Waterton Park-N of Glacier Natl Park involved crossing w/o a passport. My wife and I forgot ours on the
table as we were leaving our downstairs. The Canadian Immigration officer found it amusing, I still had my Federal shield and ID-along
with an old RCMP card from a Constable. He said welcome-stay as long as you like. I had left my Colt 1911 back at our travel trailer-on purpose
due to required forms, etc. Nice, though. That's the way it should be, at least prior to "Obama-Biden-Trudeau")

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
As soon as populations urbanize birth rates fall. Even in darkest Africa when people move into cities they stop having children.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have you got a source for this number?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Sorry Nick but it's all over for you folks.

With the minister of immigration bringing in 1,000,000 refugees (aka Muslims) per year, their breeding rate will ensure Canada ( as UK and Europe) will be Muslim dominated countries in 2 generations.
Evangelize them. Muslims need Christ as much as anyone else and are not responsible for being born into a a 6th century religion. I've heard the report multiple times that Muslims are converting to faith in Christ in droves, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL2MM_efr6Y&ab_channel=DineshD%27Souza but you'll never hear about that on any mainline news network.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To keep industry supplied with cheap labour ,you need immigration . Urbanites don't have many kids, they simply too expensive. How well did you guys do with paying for post secondary education ?

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 08/17/22.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

582 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,301
Posts18,449,049
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.