Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The crap runs deep with all of these creepy professional politicos and their spouses.

Liz Cheney’s husband is a partner at the law firm defending Hunter Biden
[Linked Image from nypost.com]

Wyoming GOP Rep. Liz Cheney’s husband is a partner at the law firm now representing Hunter Biden.

Philip Perry has worked at Latham & Watkins since 2007, and focuses on white collar cases, commercial and Supreme Court litigation, according to his company biography.

Another Latham partner, Chris Clark, has been representing Hunter Biden since December 2020 — but Cheney’s husband’s involvement at the firm had not been previously known.

Latham is a Democratic powerhouse, with company attorneys and other employees donating more than half a million dollars to President Biden’s 2020 campaign, Federal Election Commission records show. Clark himself ponied up $3,800.

Clark’s work for the first son is prominently displayed on his company profile, which notes his representation of Hunter in a “grand jury investigation regarding tax issues.”

The firm’s close ties to the Democratic party have come under scrutiny in the past.Christopher Clark, a former federal prosecutor, has represented Hunter Biden in regards to “tax issues."

On his first day in office, with a Justice Department probe of Hunter in full swing, President Biden appointed Nicholas McQuaid, another Latham partner, to lead the Justice Department’s criminal division — earning a written rebuke from Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin).

Cheney, who was first elected to the state’s only House seat in 2016, saw her political popularity at home tank after she became a ferocious Trump critic and voted to impeach the former president.

The daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney is widely expected to lose a primary next week to challenger Harriet Hageman who has been endorsed by both Trump and House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy.

Plausible deniability:

“Latham & Watkins has 3000 lawyers and thousands of clients. Mr. Perry has no role at all in any matter involving Hunter Biden,” a spokesman for Liz Cheney told The Post.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/liz-cheneys-husband-is-a-lawyer-defending-hunter-biden/

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Also....the firm is heavily involved in LNG and companies that ship CLNG.

Shocking that they got a land war started in Ukraine over NG....ain't it?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Think I need to puke.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Of course he is !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.....'bout says it all about the political class in this country. Filth

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another exciting episode of "All In The (Crime) Family". You won't see him getting the Roger Stone, Rudy Guliani, Donald Trump Treatment from the swamp. We are now ruled by Oligarch Inc. As the scum thumb their noses at us and give America the one finger salute.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rte: "The Swamp" at it again.
Sheesh.
Thanks for the info.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not surprised

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They protect themselves.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Think I need to puke.
We will have that feeling till the Dems are out.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's why you don't allow political dynasties to exist, Bush, Cheney, Clinton. Don't know what the folks in Wyoming were smoking when they voted ol' Lizzy into office. The last name and link to ol' Shotgun Dick should've been a clue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would be interesting to see a flowchart or matrix of how interconnected politicians , media , business and law firms are. I don't believe the general public really understands it. Maybe half of them don't care….

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Every law firm I've worked at has been very involved in politics. My first firm, in NYC, once had Richard Nixon as a name partner (along with many of those who went with him to the White House), and Chris Cuomo was a summer associate the year before I joined. When they brought in the former Governor of New Jersey as a partner, the clients objected and it caused the end of the firm. That may have been an extreme example, but in one form or another it's the way the big firms work.

You'll never see a big firm with conservative politics. Maybe there's one or two local firms with a big presence that are also conservative, but they aren't in the league of firms known as "BigLaw", like Latham.

When my last firm imploded in 2008, I had the choice to go with partners to one of two firms: Perkins Coie or a local-ish SF firm, Farella Braun & Martel. This was way before the Hillary Clinton/Perkins scandal, but I knew that Perkins was leftist and even though I liked the partners I worked with and I liked the client (it was a company that privatized military housing), I knew I'd be working for the enemy and refused to go.

I almost went to Farella, but I found out that they were big supporters of anti-gun groups, including LCAV (Legal Community Against Violence). At the interview, which was supposed to be a formality since the partners I was going with had already committed to bringing me, I asked the managing partner of the firm how they could reconcile the oath you take as an attorney with the clearly unconstitutional aims of one of their pet projects. After a heated discussion about guns, I told them that I'd sooner beg on the street than work for a firm that had no understanding of the law.

Yep, I burned lots of bridges, but I wanted nothing to do with the left wing monoculture of law firms and their causes. And it was the best move I could have made.

I gave up lots of money to not continue with BigLaw, but a guy has to be happy with what he's doing and money isn't the key to that.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Much respect Remsen!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Remsen
Every law firm I've worked at has been very involved in politics. My first firm, in NYC, once had Richard Nixon as a name partner (along with many of those who went with him to the White House), and Chris Cuomo was a summer associate the year before I joined. When they brought in the former Governor of New Jersey as a partner, the clients objected and it caused the end of the firm. That may have been an extreme example, but in one form or another it's the way the big firms work.

You'll never see a big firm with conservative politics. Maybe there's one or two local firms with a big presence that are also conservative, but they aren't in the league of firms known as "BigLaw", like Latham.

When my last firm imploded in 2008, I had the choice to go with partners to one of two firms: Perkins Coie or a local-ish SF firm, Farella Braun & Martel. This was way before the Hillary Clinton/Perkins scandal, but I knew that Perkins was leftist and even though I liked the partners I worked with and I liked the client (it was a company that privatized military housing), I knew I'd be working for the enemy and refused to go.

I almost went to Farella, but I found out that they were big supporters of anti-gun groups, including LCAV (Legal Community Against Violence). At the interview, which was supposed to be a formality since the partners I was going with had already committed to bringing me, I asked the managing partner of the firm how they could reconcile the oath you take as an attorney with the clearly unconstitutional aims of one of their pet projects. After a heated discussion about guns, I told them that I'd sooner beg on the street than work for a firm that had no understanding of the law.

Yep, I burned lots of bridges, but I wanted nothing to do with the left wing monoculture of law firms and their causes. And it was the best move I could have made.

I gave up lots of money to not continue with BigLaw, but a guy has to be happy with what he's doing and money isn't the key to that.

Kudoes to you Remsen.... It takes a big man to put integrity above money.....

I grew up in Metro Washington DC ( the Virginia side of the Potomac). My undergrad degree was Political Science with what was pretty much a pre law degree.. even got accepted to three law schools, fresh out of college.... Georgetown, Univ of VA and William & Mary. Soul searching I decided not to pursue being an attorney. I did 5 years as an undergrad, taking a lot of Masters Courses in Law. I had to go and observe a lot of different types of cases, and then make reports on them. It is what I saw in going in and watching cases, that made me sick and made me change my mind after 5 years of academic work toward being an attorney. To this day I don't regret it. Like you I put my principals ABOVE earning big bucks.

I've always joked I wouldn't have made a good attorney... I'd have put honesty and integrity above making big money.
I worked for a year selling copy machines and then did my time in the military, and came out with a Nursing and Paramedic Degree. Learning to serve my fellow man, by saving lives and extending people's lives. I didn't make the big money I probably would have being an attorney in Metro DC, but I am happy on the route I took. I've done OK in the long run...and can be proud of what I've done with my life...

only thing I think I would have done different, if I could have done it all over again... is took more medical training the Military offered to me, and probably became a P.A., then have gotten off of active duty, switched to the Reserves... and have spent a career, working at St Judes in Memphis, taking care of children who were cursed with Cancer etc. If I had taken that route, I wonder if I'd have ever gotten married and had children of my own. My mom badgering me and demanding I owed her grandchildren, when I was 27 and still taking classes to better myself, even if it was at Uncle Sam's expense while in Uniform.. she was on me like a chicken on a worm.... all of her friends had grandchildren.. and at that point she insisted I had enough education to get a good job... she was already pissed I chose not to go to work for the government, like she had done there in DC....

She worked for Uncle Sam for 52 years.. from age 18 and was a retired GS 15, with the Dept of Labor... her last job was chief investigator for the Dept of Labor, for Hawaii and everything west of there.. military installations etc. Then the old man....26 years service in Uniform, retired Colonel in the military ( 10 Marine Corps, and 16 Air Force) as a pilot.... retired and played golf for 2 years and then was recruited by the State Dept, and spent another 22 years working as Military Air Attache for all 55 SEATO nation members for the Pentagon. That was the life they wanted for me.. but it wasn't in my cards. Me? I am just a nobody in Grants Pass Oregon.. but I regret none of my choices in life. regardless how boring it may be compared to the household I grew up in....and what my folks had for their life accomplishments.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Why are you so fixated on Wyoming politics?
We can handle ourselves thank you.

Hageman is not for us but hey don't try to tell anyone from out of state that.

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wytex
Why are you so fixated on Wyoming politics?
We can handle ourselves thank you.

Hageman is not for us but hey don't try to tell anyone from out of state that.
This isn't about Wyoming politics but nice try.

So will you vote for Lizard Cheney now that you've changed the subject to Wyoming?

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Something that I think should be more widely noticed and talked about. This whole "political class", for want of a better term, almost all seem to have two things in common: Yale and Harvard. Of course it could be just coincidence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No conflict of interest there. I always understood she was lesbian. Is she keeping a man on the side to keep up the illusion ?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 671 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,667
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.